Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

Bulls 2018 Draft Thread (Pick #7)

Continue draft discussions here.

So after the top 3, there are still 4 guys I would be fine with the Bulls drafting. Bamba, JJJ, MPJ or Bridges would all be fine with me. Good to know they will get one of them. And if someone like Young gets picked before the Bulls they will even get a choice of which they want. Not a big deal dropping to 7. Would have liked to be top 3, but they are still in decent shape to get a quality player. Of that group I would love for Porter to be there. But I am not sure he will be. I think Bridges is the safest guess to who will be there.

Tankathon still has us getting MPJ, so I'll just hope for that.

Their top 7 is Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Bagley, Bamba, Young, Porter.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For me its MPJ or Bamba anything else will be disappointing (unless they land JJJ if he drops or something like that). Both have much higher ceilings than bridges and would work w/ bulls current roster. Bamba would help anchor the D and hopefully he can develop a decent shot (which seems possible).

Man we are so divided in here lol. There is the Bamba/Trae gang and the Carter/Mikal crew! Then you have the prayers who expect JJJr or Porter to fall. I can't see Porter falling past the Mavs. If Ayton/Doncic/Bags/JJJr go 1,2,3,4, I'm almost certain the Mavs will take Porter to pair with Dennis Smith Jr!

If we are left with Bamba/Wendell/Mikal/Trae, I'm taking Mikal just on the simple fact that if you look at any one player in the top 10 that actually fits what we lack, it's him. The team to beat in the East is going to be the Celtics for a very long time. The thing that they are absolutely loaded at is Wings and PGs.

With that said about Boston, it's clear they can't keep Irving/Rozier/Smart. So I'd definitely throw an offer at Marcus Smart this offseason. He's proving to be a really really good playoff player. He brings a Dray like intensity while guarding 1's and 2's.

A core of Dunn/Lavine/Mikal/Lauri with Smart and Rolo as our main bench guys who can play the 1 and 2 and 4 and 5 would be huge. We can find a C in Free Agency. We can stick with Rolo. We can put together a formidable roster, and hope to land AD in the future. What we are seeing with Boston and the Warriors, pre Durant, is that you win with depth and team play.

Granted Smart wants to be a starter so maybe we can't get him here, but it sure would be nice.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/996560720287420416

John Paxson: "The game is at such a state now where versatility is a big thing, especially at the wing. You look at some of the teams that are still playing and how versatile they are. Thatís obviously something all teams could use."

If this isn't Mikal, I don't know who it is lol
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 05-16-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Mikal Bridges last 15 Games:

19.8 PPG
    3.2 3PM
    1.2 SPG
    .9 BPG
    44 3P%
    56 FG%
    89 FT%

That's the last 15 games that were all extremely important. Vs. mostly good competition. We need a guy to score, but he doesn't necessarily have to be a number 1 option. Lavine is who we need to be our go to scorer. Lauri is who we need to be our secondary scorer. Dunn and Mikal we need to be capable good 14-16 PPG guys, but more importantly we need them to play elite defense which they will.

Mikal brings much needed efficiency. He brings length and defense at the Wing, which is the most important thing in this NBA. He brings a great Deep Shot which is also extremely important. Also, if you didn't watch all those late season games, mainly the close ones, go watch who was hitting the big 3 late for Nova, the best team in the country by a long shot. It was Mikal Bridges almost every time. He has the clutch gene.

You also can't discount the fact that he is another good team player that will gel with a guy like Lauri. I'm excited about a Lauri/Mikal draft 2 straight years.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/996560720287420416

John Paxson: "The game is at such a state now where versatility is a big thing, especially at the wing. You look at some of the teams that are still playing and how versatile they are. Thatís obviously something all teams could use."

If this is Mikal, I don't know who it is lol
    That could literally be any wing with such a vague description.

I think you're reading into these comments a little too much. He also recently said they'd take the best player available regardless of position, so I wouldn't be locked in on anyone just yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-16-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Young is Not Top 10! I Don't think its even close.
    Last edited by Silent; 05-16-2018 at 01:36 PM.

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

I wouldn't mind Bridges or Carter it just bugs me the "safeness" of the pick and I fully understand that it fits the mold of Pax, specifically.

However that being said this is STILL a high pick. Swing for the damn fence. That's all I ask. Take Trae Young or Sexton if you're gonna go PG. Bamba if you go for a big; who by the way may have THE highest ceiling in this draft. I'd much rather swing hard and miss on a potential cornerstone. As opposed to be safe and pick for the "system fit."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Young is Not Top 10! I Don't think its even close.
    I agree. ESPN is overhyping the **** out of him. They act like no one watched him play from Mid December-March!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Bridges or Carter it just bugs me the "safeness" of the pick and I fully understand that it fits the mold of Pax, specifically.

However that being said this is STILL a high pick. Swing for the damn fence. That's all I ask. Take Trae Young or Sexton if you're gonna go PG. Bamba if you go for a big; who by the way may have THE highest ceiling in this draft. I'd much rather swing hard and miss on a potential cornerstone. As opposed to be safe and pick for the "system fit."
    I didn't really look at Lauri as a safe pick last year. Dennis Smith was the safe pick. Hell you could have said Monk or Mithell were the safe pick at the time. They say they will take best available, need or not. I didn't see Lauri as best available at the time. I think most were thinking that was Dennis Smith, but we had just traded for Dunn, so maybe they went with a more pressing position rather than drafting Smith with Dunn already here. That's kind of why I expect our pick to be Mikal. We don't need a PG and they stated that. We don't need a big and they also stated that. They did however say that they wanted defensive athletic 2 way Wing. That Leaves Bridges or Knox, since I see Porter being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I didn't really look at Lauri as a safe pick last year. Dennis Smith was the safe pick. Hell you could have said Monk or Mithell were the safe pick at the time. They say they will take best available, need or not. I didn't see Lauri as best available at the time. I think most were thinking that was Dennis Smith, but we had just traded for Dunn, so maybe they went with a more pressing position rather than drafting Smith with Dunn already here. That's kind of why I expect our pick to be Mikal. We don't need a PG and they stated that. We don't need a big and they also stated that. They did however say that they wanted defensive athletic 2 way Wing. That Leaves Bridges or Knox, since I see Porter being gone.
    They also said they weren't adverse to adding players at positions they already have "filled." Take the best player with the highest ceiling. Period. Don't take safe. That's not what the attempt of this tank was for.

Agreed on the Lauri front. Personally that's who I wanted from the time of the trade report because I felt Lauri was the best fit for Fred with a high ceiling. Which is a rarity for the Bulls, seemingly. However I did feel Smith was their pick just because of how bad Dunn was as a rookie.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when they took Markkanen. Bridges just doesn't do anything for me because he just screams Trevor Ariza. I'm not picking Trevor damn Ariza at #7 overall. That's not what this was about. If it's Bamba he could be Gobert with better offense at his peak. Sexton could be Russ Lite and Young could be Steph.

That's all I'm saying. I won't be "upset" or "mad" if they take Carter or Bridges. But I'll just feel it's a "Meh" pick when there will be guys with higher ceilings than those two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmukx6YJoHs

He had 3 drive and pull up jumper fouls drawn.

He had 2 drive to lane fouls drawn.

He had an explosive off the dribble drive and slam.

He had a quick release great shot.

He guarded a C in the post and erased him like he was an undersized PG.

What I keep hearing about Bridges is that he isn't aggressive, he's a role player 3 and D, he can't draw fouls. That wasn't the case at all in this video. He looked every bit the part of an elite Wing in this highlight and there are plenty more just like it.

Remember he was on a great team, with a great PG and SG in Brunson and Divencenzo. They had their roles, and they played them perfectly together. Call Mikal safe if you want, but he's also the smart pick for us.

Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast