Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 128 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Bulls 2018 Draft Thread (Pick #7)

Lol kyben how could you seriously state there is a zero percent chance he doesn’t get past the magic?

He was doubled as much as he was because yes, his supporting cast was bad. But he was also bad when doubled. And while yes he could and should certainly improve overall, it’s only going to get harder for him against better athletes and players.

It’s also harder than you think to improve your ability to handle double teams, make quick decisions, play good defense, and finish at the rim. If his problems were his handle or his shot, I’d feel more comfortable saying he could improve. Those are the types of things young kids improve upon over time. But his problems are deeper than that. The easiest thing for him to improve upon is going to be shot selection. No one is saying he’s not going to improve but there’s some major red flags to his game, and those red flags are more difficult to improve than you seem to think. Also, being 6’1 and not overly athletic is hardly ideal for a pick in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I am not gonna lie Trae is not my ideal guy at all at 7. And truthfully i think he gets taken above us anyway so this argument is pretty moot. But i swear some of you act like thos 18 yo freshman is a finished product. I think there are valid reasons for concern. But seriously some of you are ridiculous.

His lack of tallent around him was seriously astonishing. He was getting doubled 40+ % of the time (do people realize how ****ing high that is) and made the right play alot of the time. But seriously watch what happens when he does beat the double in any of these games. His teamates take 3 dribbles and look to pass to somebody else because nobody is capable. He literally by the end of the season had to beat a double. To get the ball back. To beat another double in order to get a look or an assist to somebody. It was terrible. And unfortunatly that may also have to do woth coaching because that was all iso ball. Question his decision making if you wish but seriously an 18 YO playing as lebron James on the college level and having success. And as far as his poor finishing around the Rim. Again. If he has to make plays on offense with a whole D focused on him it doesnt surprise me.

Are there concerns about D. Yes. Am i concerned about TOs. Slightly. But i also see this kid make some incredible plays. Basically while being the focus of 5 defenders. Plays I am not sure i see anyone else in this draft making. Question him if you want. But as an 18 YO he carried that Oklahoma team on his back. Is impressive. And say what u want about its all about his usage. But he would not be used like that if he was not that good. And he would not be doubled 40+ % of the time down the court if teams were not scared of his tallent and wanted the ball out of his hands.

Still again. Point is Moot. I think there is a good chance Trae goes top 3. And there is zero chance the Magic pass on him IMO. The real question is who falls.

But i would still take a chance on Trae being great over the security blanket of a 3+D Jr/Sr. Teams now a days dont average themselves into contending. Mikal Bridges would be such a middle of the pack move.

I meam god forbid.what if Trae young develops like Mikal and where he would be as a 4 year player.
    I agree. He’s way too young to say he can’t improve, especially when he was doubled team a large majority of the season. That being said, I still like other players over him. Bridges and Carter will have more of an instant impact imo. If Trae learns how to slow down and play smarter which is very possible, he will turnout to be a savage. Defense is Trae’s biggest question for me.
    Last edited by fin_frenzy_84; 06-13-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Bridges Does Remind me of Kahwi

Don't sleep on Brunson

#STAYAWAYFROMTRAY

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Bridges Does Remind me of Kahwi

Don't sleep on Brunson

#STAYAWAYFROMTRAY
    I can see it, I think Bridges is gonna step right in and be an instant impact on defense.

https://www.thestepien.com/mikal-bridges/

"Presses the issue when used as a higher usage creator, both for himself and for others. Better utilized in a Klay Thompson ball-handling role than with primary or high usage secondary creator duties."

That's basically how I see him fitting in an offense. Klay is a scorer but not really a distributor. He does create his own shot with his length but he is more so an elite spot up shooter.

"Bridges is mostly viewed as a high floor, low ceiling prospect, but his improvement this season as a shooter adding diversity to his shot and developing extreme confidence gives him avenues to higher offensive upside. It’s not unfathomable that Bridges develops into a Khris Middleton type offensive player with the ability to shoot over the top of defenders on pull-ups and operating off screens, but with better defense (and hopefully better shot selection). Every team in the league can use a player like that. Bridges’ development in college, primarily offensively, has been noticeable, and it’s possible he continues to develop at a higher rate than what we typically see from older players. Bridges’ very conducive fit on any roster with valuable two-way ability gives him a safe floor to value, and his shooting progression to potentially sub-elite level could render him one of the most valuable star role player types to enter the draft in some time."

I think someone mentioned wanting a guy like Middleton and a few other Wings in the Trade and Acquisition Forum. I don't think anyone would be mad if he became a better defending Kris Middleton type.

Bridges is 22, he should come in and make an immediate impact. That's the whole point, people are judging these 18-19 year olds too harshly. I guess you could wait and just keep drafting 21-22 year olds, they'll look more NBA ready for sure. But the uber talented guys are usually grabbed younger, HS or one and done. If Trae stayed in college till 21, he's probably the number one pick, given just marginal improvement. If Bridges was drafted off his freshman numbers, he's probably a second rd pick. 6.4 pts, 30% from the 3, 3rbs, less than 1 ast in 20 minutes, lol. Actually, he probably wouldn't be a second rd pick with those numbers. Hell, Steph Curry freshman year, 2.8 assists to 2.8 TO. One of the most prolific passers of all time, Steve Nash, JUNIOR year, 6.4 assts to 4.2 turnovers w/high usage. I use Nash because I see him as very similar to Trae in both size and athleticism. His freshman year, 2.2 assist to 2 TO, lol
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-13-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Bridges is 22, he should come in and make an immediate impact. That's the whole point, people are judging these 18-19 year olds too harshly. I guess you could wait and just keep drafting 21-22 year olds, they'll look more NBA ready for sure. But the uber talented guys are usually grabbed younger, HS or one and done. If Trae stayed in college till 21, he's probably the number one pick, given just marginal improvement. If Bridges was drafted off his freshman numbers, he's probably a second rd pick. 6.4 pts, 30% from the 3, 3rbs, less than 1 ast in 20 minutes, lol. Actually, he probably wouldn't be a second rd pick with those numbers.
    None of us are saying we don't like Carter, Porter, JJJr, Doncic, Ayton, Bagley though. We are saying we don't like Trae. It has nothing to do with age for us. I agree I do judge him harshly, but that's because I see him as more of a mid to late 1st pick, and I see him being a spark plug 6th man at best. We just don't think his gunning, TO prone offense will get better vs. NBA PG's. I think everyone agrees that his defense is atrocious. I'm perfectly happy with Dunn. I think if you take away Dunn's defending and add Trae's offense, we are actually a worse team. But if you add Bamba/Carter or Porter/Mikal with Dunn's defense, we are a vastly improved team. I don't want to take a step back on the off chance Trae becomes the next great PG, because I don't think he is going to be the next great PG.

Teams get excited over bigs all the time early in the draft. Having Dunn should be a non-issue, thats the logic that keeps you from drafting Jordan cause you have Drexler. Dunn is in no way our franchise player. Plenty of the best bigs in the league were drafted with later picks, not the bigs drafted up top. Gasol, Jordan, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. How many top PG's drafted out of the lottery? Big man flops at the top are legendary, Olowakundi, Milicic, Bynum, Curry, Thabeet, Bennett, bigs are always overdrafted. Plenty of people concerned with MPJ, and Doncic is out of our draft range, the rest you mention are bigs. Notice nobody's talking about Collin Sexton anymore, either.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-13-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Teams get excited over bigs all the time early in the draft. Having Dunn should be a non-issue, thats the logic that keeps you from drafting Jordan cause you have Drexler. Dunn is in no way our franchise player. Plenty of the best bigs in the league were drafted with later picks, not the bigs drafted up top. Gasol, Jordan, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. How many top PG's drafted out of the lottery? Big man flops at the top are legendary, Olowakundi, Milicic, Bynum, Curry, Thabeet, Bennett, bigs are always overdrafted.
    Yeah but there isn't really a great PG in this class. If Dunn isn't good this year, we probably won't be good either, and we can hope that there will be a better PG than Trae and Sexton. It's not like there is a John Wall, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Etc. type PG to choose here.

The only bigs who put up outstanding numbers are Ayton and Bagley, the rest are being drafted on potential. JJJ certainly didn't put up great numbers, Bamba either. We assume Bamba's shooting will get better, JJJ will get stronger, Bagley will learn to play defense, Ayton will up his motor consistently, Doncic won't get burned defensively, and Porter will be healthy. Trae's the only one who won't get better. As for no great PG's, exactly what numbers could Trae have put up to show he's great?? Besides being the first player to lead the country in pts and assists ever? Seems like he's proven as much as any point guard entering the draft.

Not that it matters, Bulls failed to consult with me this year, as usual, lmao. I can honestly say I won't be mad with any of the top choices, Knox included, would prefer him to Bridges.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-13-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Knox could be a stud for sure. I wouldn’t be upset with the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Knox could be a stud for sure. I wouldn’t be upset with the pick.
    I would probably move down a bit if possible. I'm a fan though. He has a lot of translatable NBA skills and is a good fit for where the league is trending.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I would probably move down a bit if possible. I'm a fan though. He has a lot of translatable NBA skills and is a good fit for where the league is trending.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Would be risky trading down if he was your target. How many teams with multiple 1sts this year, if any?

Page 50 of 128 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast