Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Agree we should be looking at a couple of years from now, but the best teams are the ones who keep getting better, it's usually a process unless Lebron decides to join you, lol. Taking bad contracts makes you miss on players like Hood, who could be a solid piece for the next 6-8 years on a contending team, or losing players like Portis to FA. I might risk it for the #1-2 pick, but most of the franchise changing talents go before 7. Sucking and waiting for your savior to come instead of continually building a better team seems risky and lazy. We did it for a year, to our shame.
    We would be getting better though. We are going to get better because Dunn is going to improve after his 1st year as a starter. We are going to improve because Lauri will have a full year of NBA development under his belt. We will improve because Portis will be 1 year closer to his prime. We will be better because Lavine will come be here from day one rather than late in the season. We will be better because we will be adding 2 top 10 picks and a top 22 pick in this draft under this scenario.

The main thing is, we will be getting better without handcuffing our future. All of these young players aren't even in their physical prime yet. We don't need to add Role Players like Hood to get better. We need to develop the young guys we have now so that once they hit their prime, they are seasoned.

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    Dabears: you read my mind, minus the Portis portion. If I have both #7 and #8, I'm packaging #8 with Portis to MEM once/if Dončić slips to #4. Portis "replacement" (and probably upgrade in MPJ/Carter) can be had with the original pick.
    That's obviously an option too. I'd hold out on that though. I'd keep Portis while he's on this Rookie deal, and let him really hit his stride this year to build his value further. We can still trade him for a 1st next year which would add an extra year on a rookie deal. We could also resign him and hope he's under 15 million, and he would be a very valuable trade asset if we decide to chase a bigger name in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We would be getting better though. We are going to get better because Dunn is going to improve after his 1st year as a starter. We are going to improve because Lauri will have a full year of NBA development under his belt. We will improve because Portis will be 1 year closer to his prime. We will be better because Lavine will come be here from day one rather than late in the season. We will be better because we will be adding 2 top 10 picks and a top 22 pick in this draft under this scenario.

The main thing is, we will be getting better without handcuffing our future. All of these young players aren't even in their physical prime yet. We don't need to add Role Players like Hood to get better. We need to develop the young guys we have now so that once they hit their prime, they are seasoned.
    Preach it.

I don't think anyone wants to suck next year, but the reality is that they probably will. It's still a roster relying heavily on a 3rd year PG that was pretty meh, a 2nd year PF that was pretty decent, and a SG that barely played last season and has never been on a winning team. Plus, the East is only getting better. Regardless of whether LeBron stays or goes you have Boston, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, Indiana, Washington, and probably Miami as safe bets for the Playoffs again. I don't see room to climb there for a team that was bottom 5 in both Offensive & Defensive efficiency last season, heavy reliant on inexperienced players, and has a mediocre head coach.

Taking back a bad contract for 1-2 years isn't a bad thing if you trust your scouting department to draft a good player with the pick you get back...and they've generally done a pretty decent job with the draft picks. I much prefer that over signing a mid tier guy like Hood to be your 3rd/4th option to a contract he probably won't live up to. I really don't see the fascination with Hood anyway. He's the definition of average 5 years into his career. He can shoot the 3, which is useful, but he doesn't really do anything else well...inefficient, never gets to the line, terrible rebounder, terrible defender...yeah, no interest at all, even on a 1 year prove it type of deal.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-08-2018 at 04:33 PM.

He was avg 18 a game, and is considered a good defender, don't know where you get terrible defender from. That's the main reason Cleveland traded for him. He's 24 I think, so fits our window. i have been watching the Bulls for 20+ years, and as a fan, I expect my team to continually get better externally as well as internally, which includes optimizing FA signings. The two top contenders got their best player thru free agency, not the draft.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I can not beleive that we have heard nothing come out of MPJ pro day yet.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

-Rem Koolhaas

My heart breaking man Porter looks in way better shape than the tournament. Smh

I am getting worried myself, Although as long as Trae Young can sneek in to the top 6 I will still end up happy with Bamba Jackson or Doncic.

-Rem Koolhaas

I hope the bulls just do something to make sure he ends up with them, either not releasing physicals or marking something on the physical like swelling in the back that may throw a team off. I really want MPJ.

-Rem Koolhaas

Personally, if the Bulls were to trade up I'd rather trade up for MPJ than Doncic but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    He was avg 18 a game
    He was averaging 16.8 on 14 shots, largely influenced by his 6.7 3PA. Even as a good 3pt shooter he's not very efficient because he does literally nothing else to impact the game.
    is considered a good defender, don't know where you get terrible defender from.
    He's not a good defender based on DBPM. He has a career average of -1.2 and has been -2.1 & -2.2 the last 2 seasons. For reference, that's on par with Zack LaVine. I don't know where you're getting that he's a good defender? He's really never been one.

He's 24 I think, so fits our window.
    He's 25...and I don't really care how old or young he is if he's a mediocre player, which he is.

I expect my team to continually get better externally as well as internally, which includes optimizing FA signings.
    It doesn't always work like that. I sincerely doubt anyone of significance is lining up to play on a team that just won 27 games. The draft is probably their best bet, for now. There's nothing wrong with that.

The two top contenders got their best player thru free agency, not the draft.
    Those contenders had ready made rosters to compete for a title before signing those players. Golden State was largely built via the draft (Curry, Klay, Draymond) and before they gutted the roster, Cleveland had Kyrie and used a draft asset to get Love.

The Bulls are so much further away than those teams and signing a guy like Rodney Hood is nowhere near the equivalent of signing Durant or LeBron, lol.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-08-2018 at 06:48 PM.

From all acounts i remember hearing that Dunn and Lavine were Gym Rats. Now u hear that the bulls are unhappy with his work habits?? Half of me thinks this is a scheme to entice somebody to draft a PG in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    From all acounts i remember hearing that Dunn and Lavine were Gym Rats. Now u hear that the bulls are unhappy with his work habits?? Half of me thinks this is a scheme to entice somebody to draft a PG in front of us.
    I seem to recall Thibs not being happy with his habits either. But I could be wrong

Page 40 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast