Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmukx6YJoHs

He had 3 drive and pull up jumper fouls drawn.

He had 2 drive to lane fouls drawn.

He had an explosive off the dribble drive and slam.

He had a quick release great shot.

He guarded a C in the post and erased him like he was an undersized PG.

What I keep hearing about Bridges is that he isn't aggressive, he's a role player 3 and D, he can't draw fouls. That wasn't the case at all in this video. He looked every bit the part of an elite Wing in this highlight and there are plenty more just like it.

Remember he was on a great team, with a great PG and SG in Brunson and Divencenzo. They had their roles, and they played them perfectly together. Call Mikal safe if you want, but he's also the smart pick for us.
    He supposed to be the best player on a championship team. He should've been more demanding when times called for it. Divencenzio was a 6th man and Brunson is a very good college PG. Shouldn't he have been the alpha out there when it called for it? That personally bugs me.

He's a very good defender and shooter and yes you're right a perfect fit. I just don't see anything more than a good player.

As I said I wouldn't be mad or upset about his being picked. But I'd much rather they swing for the fence is my point. It's clear you very much like him and think he could be a Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler type. I personally don't see it. Take the highest upside on the best player.

Bulls landed a good spot , If MPJ goes top 6 either one of Trae , Jackson or Bamba will be there at 7. Most likely one of Jackson and Bamba and then you can pick between one of them and Mikal.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    He doesnt know anything if one of the higher rank bigs fall they def wont take Carter over them.

Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    He supposed to be the best player on a championship team. He should've been more demanding when times called for it. Divencenzio was a 6th man and Brunson is a very good college PG. Shouldn't he have been the alpha out there when it called for it? That personally bugs me.

He's a very good defender and shooter and yes you're right a perfect fit. I just don't see anything more than a good player.

As I said I wouldn't be mad or upset about his being picked. But I'd much rather they swing for the fence is my point. It's clear you very much like him and think he could be a Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler type. I personally don't see it. Take the highest upside on the best player.
    How can you bash him for not being an alpha on a team that won the championship? That means that he played the game smart. He played to win and not for himself. Sometimes Klay is the alpha for the Warriors. Sometimes Steph is. Sometimes Durant is. The 1st time the Warriors beat the Cavs, the Cavs played a heavy double on him almost everytime down. He didn't force it so we can sit here and say "oh wow, what a great Alpha he is." No, he split the Double team with a pass to Dray, who either drove for a wide open bucket or kicked to the wings. That's how Andre Iguodala won the MVP on a team with Klay and Steph.

Now if Nova lost, and everyone was struggling, and Mikal wasn't being aggressive, then I can see your point, but that was never the case all year. And like I said before, when they needed big 3's or shots in general late, Mikal was the one taking and hitting them.

To my point on him being an alpha when needed, which btw, I hate the term alpha, but for your arguments sake, vs. Bama, Paschall scored 7, Spellman scored 7, Booth scored 4, Brunson scored 12 in the starting lineup. Bridges picked it up with 23. DiVincenzo put up 18 off the bench. They won by 23

Vs. WV Brunson was the hot hand going 8-15 with 27 points. Bridges pitched in an efficient 4-8 3-5 5-6 16 points. They won by 12.

Vs. Kansas it was Pashcall going off for 24 on 11 shots, Spellman put up 15 shots, Brunson 14 shots. Mikal again goes 4-8 2-5 and chips in 2 blocks and 2 steals.

He played winning basketball. He's a true 2 way player, a true elite defender, and has the potential to be a great wing in the NBA. And he does it the right way. Not forced, not for himself, but for the sake of winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    He doesnt know anything if one of the higher rank bigs fall they def wont take Carter over them.
    It's just his guess... I think they'll have someone better to choose from than just Bridges or Carter. I don't dislike either of those two players, but I'm in agreement with those that say you need to swing big with this pick.

I fully expect one of MPJ or Bamba to be there and if I'm the Bulls, that's a great place to be in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Im witchu Bears. I dont think Mikals ceiling is as low as generally thought. Really good head on his shoulders and has consistently improved in his career. Id be excited if we got him. I also wouldnt mind Bamba, JJJ or MPJ. Not a fan of Sexton (not that hes in this range, just sayin).

https://youtu.be/puaRBSDDz8c

Im all aboard the Bamba train!

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    https://youtu.be/puaRBSDDz8c

Im all aboard the Bamba train!
    I'm on this train as well. In terms of fit and ceiling he's legitimately exciting.

It's just his guess... I think they'll have someone better to choose from than just Bridges or Carter. I don't dislike either of those two players, but I'm in agreement with those that say you need to swing big with this pick.

I fully expect one of MPJ or Bamba to be there and if I'm the Bulls, that's a great place to be in.

So do you take Bamba or MPJ over Bridges? If either is there, who do the Bulls take? If either Sexton or Young are picked before the Bulls the Bulls will get a choice. IMO the newest Bull will be one of Bamba, MPJ or Bridges

I don't take Bamba over Bridges. If I'm drafting Porter, I'm doing major research on his medical issues, and I wanna see him perform at the combine. Obviously on paper he has the most upside, but that's based off of what he did vs. other high school kids because we sure as hell can't base anything off of the 50 college minutes he played.

I fully expect Cubes to take Porter though.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So do you take Bamba or MPJ over Bridges? If either is there, who do the Bulls take? If either Sexton or Young are picked before the Bulls the Bulls will get a choice. IMO the newest Bull will be one of Bamba, MPJ or Bridges
    In this scenario, I'd take Bamba or Porter over Bridges. I get why people like Bridges. I think he's a pretty safe prospect in the sense that he'll be a good, solid 3&D wing, probably immediately. I'd rather take a bigger swing though because I think this roster is further away and badly needs someone with Superstar potential.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-16-2018 at 06:28 PM.

In this scenario, I'd take Bamba or Porter over Bridges. I get why people like Bridges. I think he's a pretty safe prospect in the sense that he'll be a good, solid 3&D wing, probably immediately. I'd rather take a bigger swing though because I think this roster is further away and badly needs someone with Superstar potential.

These are my exact thoughts. This roster is not close. Zach Lavine as your go to scorer screams mediocity at best. I would rather take the long route now that they kind of botched the tanking process. The Bulls are treading precariously close to NBA purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So after the top 3, there are still 4 guys I would be fine with the Bulls drafting. Bamba, JJJ, MPJ or Bridges would all be fine with me. Good to know they will get one of them. And if someone like Young gets picked before the Bulls they will even get a choice of which they want. Not a big deal dropping to 7. Would have liked to be top 3, but they are still in decent shape to get a quality player. Of that group I would love for Porter to be there. But I am not sure he will be. I think Bridges is the safest guess to who will be there.
    Great Post! I agree with you 100%. I have a feeling Bulls will get a shot at porter especially if he really wants to play for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weaknesses: Does not have one aspect offensively that stands out or which allows him to consistently score the ball With his size and frame, will almost certainly be a perimeter player at the next level, but he lacks the polish and skill necessary to consistently operate on the wing He does not have break down ability off the dribble and he is especially shaky handling the ball with his left hand His jumpshot (while definitely improved) is still very inconsistent The release comes high off his head and it is somewhat of a sling motion, which results in a fairly flat shot that goes all over the place At this level, he has a size advantage on almost a nightly basis, but he still chooses to take the majority of his shots from the outside Takes a high number of off balance shots, but does not show the ability to convert them at a good percentage He does not have a great touch around the basket, and unless he can get inside position on the defense, he struggles finishing when contested Not very disciplined defensively, he gambles far too often and leaves his team susceptible to giving up easy baskets
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kawhi-leonard

Weaknesses: The biggest knock is his lack of strength. Not an overly physical player ... His 2.8 FTs made on 3.4 attempts show that he doesn't attack the rim and get to the line a great deal. His FTA/FGA ratio is below 30% at 28.0% ... Has worked hard at adding muscle mass, but remains on the thin side at 210 lbs for a player about to turn 22. Could stand to add another 10 lbs, which would help him to finish through contact and play more physical at both ends. Though he may be a player that lacks the natural body type to carry more weight ... He would also better utilize his great free throw shooting ability by playing more physical and attacking the rim ... Playing alongside one of the nation's best point guards (Jalen Brunson) for his entire college career has been a huge positive for Bridges, but it has also kept him from having to develop as an isolation player ... Has displayed some ability to get to the rim off the bounce and pull up, but remains more of a catch and shoot guy than a driver (96.4% of his 3 pointers come off of assists) ... Took some time to break into a star ... Red-shirted the 2014-15 season, practicing with the team ... Will turn 22 on August 30th, and therefore has maturity but less upside than a number of his fellow draft prospects... Foot speed is solid, especially laterally, but not exceptional ... A good leaper but not great with contact and struggles some to finish after contact or rebound in traffic despite his length ... Generally goes right, so could improve upon attacking off the dribble using his left hand ... Vision and passing a work in progress. Not really a facilitator or a guy that creates open looks for teammates with the drive and dish ... More of a lead by example type, could work on being more vocal now that he's one of the team's stars ...
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/mikal-bridges

These 2 had the very similar weaknesses going into the draft. Kawhi was a better Rebounder in college but Mikal was the far better shooter and more efficient scorer. This is the weaknesses on the same Kawhi that everyone wants us to trade assets for. Why wouldn't you draft a guy in a similar mold, when he's a great fit, and is the type of player that makes teams great in today's NBA?

Kawhi was being compared to Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and Gerald Wallace lol.

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast