Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So on the Anthony Davis Front

Spotrac says no player option

Hoopshype claims there is

Looking back to when he signed bleacher report (not the best source i know but they listed mark Stien) (link bellow)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-with-pelicans

ESPN's Marc Stein added, per a source, that "Davis' deal will have clause after Year 4 that allows Davis to return to free agency in summer of 2020 if he so chooses."

So it sounds like he is a 2020 FA if he opts out. Which may very well happen if they loose Cousins (whicch would majorly set that team back tallent wise.)

Linking off that above post that to me makes things much more interesting in terms of potentially getting a great team on the floor. To me that makes this #7 pick even more important. Whether at PG. or at any other position u need to make a hit on that pick

Looking at our cap right now the only two we will have on the books in 2020 is Mark (6.7 mil) and Felecio ( 7.5 mil) which leaves tons of room to sign.... Well anyone.

I dont want to pretend that this is the plan. But u have to imagine if availible the bulls make a pitch.

Iím actually not on high as going all in on KL as others. His injury is concerning. How will he play away from Pop and the Spurs? Heís entering his prime now which means the Bulls need to be contending and putting together a winner around him right now. He also has had only 1, maybe 2 seasons of elite, top player type of play. Heís going to cost a ton both in terms of assets and money. I do not think heís a slam dunk and Iíd be willing to bet his efficiency and overall play dip without the supporting cast, system, and coaching he had. Donít get me wrong Iím a big KL fan but Iím not sure if going all in on him would be worth it. Especially when we just traded away a similar player and chose the direction to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iím actually not on high as going all in on KL as others. His injury is concerning.
    I believe there's more to his absence this year than a lingering injury. The Spurs apparently misdiagnosed his injury and there are rumors that he wants to be in a big market. He was low balled by Jordan Brand because he's not as recognizable as a guy like LeBron, Curry, AD, etc.

How will he play away from Pop and the Spurs?
    Impossible to tell how anyone would play in a different situation. I doubt he'd just go in the tank though. He's been a top 3-5 player for a solid 2 year stretch and was easily top 10ish the year before that.

Heís entering his prime now which means the Bulls need to be contending and putting together a winner around him right now.
    He's the type of player IMO you change your rebuild plans for. If he's healthy, he should be hard to build a roster around, especially if you can keep a guy like Lauri (and ideally, he'd be off the table in any trade discussions for me).

He also has had only 1, maybe 2 seasons of elite, top player type of play.
    No maybe about it. He was an elite player in the 15/16 & 16/17 seasons and there's a real argument for the 14/15 season as well. He finished 3rd in MVP voting last year and 2nd the year before. He's been DPOY twice in the last 4 years.

I think you're underrating him quite a bit here.

Heís going to cost a ton both in terms of assets and money.
    Sure. I don't really have a problem with moving assets for a guy of this caliber. I'm clearly not as high on this roster as you are though. I'd offer up just about anything aside from Lauri for him.

I do not think heís a slam dunk and Iíd be willing to bet his efficiency and overall play dip without the supporting cast, system, and coaching he had.
    This is just speculation though. No way of knowing until he's in a different situation. I'd be willing to bet he's just fine wherever he ends up, if it isn't San Antonio.

You could probably make similar claims about plenty of Superstar caliber guys other than LeBron and maybe a guy like AD.

Also, Kawhi has some familiarity with Boylen. He was the defensive coach under Pop before coming here.

Donít get me wrong Iím a big KL fan but Iím not sure if going all in on him would be worth it.
    I understand the hesitance. I don't agree with it, but I get it. I believe if guys like this are available you should go for it though. It's not easy to land these kind of players and the Bulls have had next to no luck in FA with these types either.

Especially when we just traded away a similar player and chose the direction to rebuild.
    Similar, but Kawhi is both younger and better all things being equal (health, most importantly). The Bulls are also in a much more flexible position this time around. They could conceivably attract another FA after landing Kawhi depending on who stays or goes in a deal for him.

Is Leonard really a top 3-5 player though? Bron, Curry, Durant, Harden are guys Iíd take over him for sure. Then thereís guys like AD, CP3, Westbrook who all make a case. I agree that heís better than Butler...but really, how much better? I donít think the gap is very significant.

As far as the injury being overblown, perhaps it is. But I donít think any of us could say for certain. The whole situation is bizarre to say the least.

Also, itís not like Iím high on this roster either. Letís say we gut everyone but Lauri. Leonard, Lauri, and no draft picks isnít getting it done. The Bulls would be banking on a free agent coming here. Not sure who a realistic target would be.

Whatís your guys thought on going after Julius Randle this offseason? He played well at the 5 this year. I think he could be a valuable piece in a small ball lineup

Is Leonard really a top 3-5 player though? Bron, Curry, Durant, Harden are guys Iíd take over him for sure. Then thereís guys like AD, CP3, Westbrook who all make a case. I agree that heís better than Butler...but really, how much better? I donít think the gap is very significant.

As far as the injury being overblown, perhaps it is. But I donít think any of us could say for certain. The whole situation is bizarre to say the least.
    I'd say if he's 100% healthy he's top 5. He's 1 of 2 guys that gives Lebron issues. The other being Jimmy. I'd take him over Harden too. I know that sounds crazy but I think what he does on Defense, plus his crazy efficiency on Offense, makes him better come playoff time. If Harden has an off night on offense, he doesn't really have anything else to help the team. If Kawhi has an off night on offense, he's still going to be shutting down the opponents best wing. No way would I take Westbrook or CP3 over a healthy Kawhi either. Durant, Curry, Bron, AD are probably the only players I'd take over Kawhi, and Prime Healthy Kawhi I'd probably think about taking over all of them except Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    Whatís your guys thought on going after Julius Randle this offseason? He played well at the 5 this year. I think he could be a valuable piece in a small ball lineup
    Ive never liked Randal. He is a 1 handed guy who hasnt shown any abikity with his off hand (at least the last time i rememver playing him. Maybe he finally inproved.)

But PF is locked up and he is really under sized for Center.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'd say if he's 100% healthy he's top 5. He's 1 of 2 guys that gives Lebron issues. The other being Jimmy. I'd take him over Harden too. I know that sounds crazy but I think what he does on Defense, plus his crazy efficiency on Offense, makes him better come playoff time. If Harden has an off night on offense, he doesn't really have anything else to help the team. If Kawhi has an off night on offense, he's still going to be shutting down the opponents best wing. No way would I take Westbrook or CP3 over a healthy Kawhi either. Durant, Curry, Bron, AD are probably the only players I'd take over Kawhi, and Prime Healthy Kawhi I'd probably think about taking over all of them except Lebron.
    Thatís fair. I will say Harden actually played good D in the playoffs though.

KL best season he averaged 25/6/3
    eFG% 54 and 3p% 38. PER of 27 and a TS% 61. Pretty monsterous to go along with elite D. Had another great season before that with similar numbers but only 21 PPG. Never had any other season averaging even 17 PPG before or since. Youíre banking he comes back healthy and continues where he left off playing for a worse coach and worse supporting cast. Just things to consider when trading for someone who wonít make you a contender with only Lauri left on the team. Bulls would have to lure a big time free agent and fill out their roster with quality depth. Iíd jump on the bandwagon if it happened, but I like I said before I do not believe it to be a slam dunk move.

eFG% 54 and 3p% 38. PER of 27 and a TS% 61. Pretty monsterous to go along with elite D. Had another great season before that with similar numbers but only 21 PPG. Never had any other season averaging even 17 PPG before or since. Youíre banking he comes back healthy and continues where he left off playing for a worse coach and worse supporting cast. Just things to consider when trading for someone who wonít make you a contender with only Lauri left on the team. Bulls would have to lure a big time free agent and fill out their roster with quality depth. Iíd jump on the bandwagon if it happened, but I like I said before I do not believe it to be a slam dunk move.
    That wasn't a banking on statement. That was purely if I had to choose between Kawhi at his best and Harden at his, I think Kawhi is better.

The one place Harden is actually pretty good on D is when he gets switched onto a big man. He was great at ripping the ball when bigs would try to back him down. I think because of his reputation on defense, which is warranted, Bigs were extremely lax with with the ball, and would kind of just think they could methodically bump him down to the basket, but he is a good athlete, and he would use pull the chair out and use quick hands to get steals.

Kawhi is the 3rd player in NBA history to win a finals MVP and DPOY in the same season, the others are MJ and Hakeem. Considering Jimmy Butler leads teams to 8th seeds and Kawhi leads teams to rings, I'd give Kawhi a long term contract 8 out of 7 days over Jimmy Butler. Not to mention Thibs is just going to run Jimmy into the ground and shorten his career.

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    Kawhi is the 3rd player in NBA history to win a finals MVP and DPOY in the same season, the others are MJ and Hakeem. Considering Jimmy Butler leads teams to 8th seeds and Kawhi leads teams to rings, I'd give Kawhi a long term contract 8 out of 7 days over Jimmy Butler. Not to mention Thibs is just going to run Jimmy into the ground and shorten his career.
    Winning brings accolades. If Jimmy started his career with Pop and the Spurs and their supporting cast of HoFers and KL started his career on the Bulls, Iím willing to bet Jimmy would have more accolades and KL would have been bounced every year in the playoffs.
    Last edited by KG2TB; 06-13-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Winning brings accolades. If Jimmy started his career with Pop and the Spurs and their supporting cast of HoFers and KL started his career on the Bulls, Iím willing to bet Jimmy would have more accolades and KL would have been bounced every year in the playoffs.
    He's a big reason for them winning though. While he was more raw as an offensive player early in his career, he was an elite defender from day one. His emergence extended the Spurs championship window when Duncan and Manu were near the end.

We can play the hypothetical game of he and Jimmy's roles being reversed all day, but can't you do that with a lot of players? Good and bad situations are crucial to a players development.

One thing I will point out though is when Jimmy took the leap as an offensive player, his defense took a hit, and frankly, he's not been a great defender since. He was still good, but not on the level he'd been previously. When Kawhi made a similar/bigger jump offensively, he was still an elite defender.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-13-2018 at 11:21 PM.