Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1887
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    He's young enough to be with us through the rebuild. LOL at people saying he's going to cost too much without having the vaguest idea of his asking price. If he cost a lot, won't that mean he's playing well? We're not talking about trading him for Leonard, we're talking about trading him to move a couple of spots, not even to number 1. Good players are assets, whether you keep them or not, wasting assets is no way to team build. The guy is 6'11", 250 and his 3 pt shooting has been improving every year, up to 36% last year. He's only 23. Sounds like all these draft guys teams are breaking their necks trying to get.
    But we do see the market value. We also know that he has had contract talks. If he were going to take a discount he would have an extension already.

    I don't understand why you keep bringiing up stats. No one thinks he is a bad player, but things you can't deny.

    1. He only plays one side of the ball which means you probably shouldn't play him and Lauri for long stretches.

    2 He probably won't get starter minutes unless injuries occur.

    So on those two things alone is why alot of people don't mind moving him. You are going to hear his name in a bunch of rumors for said reasons.

    I guess you wouldnt have condoned the Jazz moving Trey Lyle's for the unproven #13 pick.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    237
    Bulls really need to be following this Lebron Sweepstakes and try to help a team out by taking a bad contract or two for draft assets.

    Dream scenario would be a trade like #10 pick, Bayless bad contract and maybe Korkmaz for Holiday and #22. This should allow for Sixers to clear the full cap space and keep the entire core intact and still getting a 1st rounder.

    Or see what Lakers can offer for Deng... Something along the lines of this. Absorb a contract that will expire next year or year after and get draft assets. Bulls have to take advantage of the market

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    But we do see the market value. We also know that he has had contract talks. If he were going to take a discount he would have an extension already.

    I don't understand why you keep bringiing up stats. No one thinks he is a bad player, but things you can't deny.

    1. He only plays one side of the ball which means you probably shouldn't play him and Lauri for long stretches.

    2 He probably won't get starter minutes unless injuries occur.

    So on those two things alone is why alot of people don't mind moving him. You are going to hear his name in a bunch of rumors for said reasons.

    I guess you wouldnt have condoned the Jazz moving Trey Lyle's for the unproven #13 pick.
    1. Disagree that he only plays one side of the ball. watched a lot of Bulls games, looks active on defense. Whole team needs a defensive identity, individuals suffer.

    2. Injuries always occur, and he could easily play starter minutes coming off the bench with Lauri and Lopez.

    Hes better than Trey Lyles imo, and people aren't trying to get a top 15 pick, they want to use him as a throw-in to move up a few spots. I'm sure you could easily move up to 4 from 7 if you included the 13th pick so he's being rated as worth less than that. We could probably make that move with 7 and 22, which I wouldn't do either.

    Never said never move him, and he wouldn't get his extension until this year. If you're moving him to get Kawhi or Cousins even, I'm with it, but not to move from 7 to 4 in this draft. My personal opinion he's worth more than that.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 06-11-2018 at 09:18 PM.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    Bulls really need to be following this Lebron Sweepstakes and try to help a team out by taking a bad contract or two for draft assets.

    Dream scenario would be a trade like #10 pick, Bayless bad contract and maybe Korkmaz for Holiday and #22. This should allow for Sixers to clear the full cap space and keep the entire core intact and still getting a 1st rounder.

    Or see what Lakers can offer for Deng... Something along the lines of this. Absorb a contract that will expire next year or year after and get draft assets. Bulls have to take advantage of the market
    I think the Lakers need to move some money as well to open up a 2nd full max slot. If they go for George and LeBron, I would love to get Ingram from them and maybe take Deng's contract. Highly unlikely though.
    Last edited by DRose01; 06-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,904
    Bron and George wouldn’t get out of the West. They would need a lot more help.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,828
    I don't think Bron has any clue what he wants to do. There is in my opinion no logical situation he can arrange with any team that would put them over the Warriors.

    Philly is the best option where him going to the team doesn't mean a number of players have to head out, but they're still so young and he'd be relying on the health of Embiid/Simmons. It's a risk and will probably take a few seasons to fully be at the GS level if things go right.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Bron and George wouldn’t get out of the West. They would need a lot more help.
    Yea for sure those 2 alone on current lakers arent getting past Houston or GSW honestly. They still have Ball, Kuzma, Ingram (S&T Randle) pick 25 still they can use to trade for another good player or 3rd All Star.

  8. #293
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,997
    Brons best case scenario is to join the Rockets who somehow maintain that core. Not sure its possible but that is his best shot.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Brons best case scenario is to join the Rockets who somehow maintain that core. Not sure its possible but that is his best shot.
    I wonder if at some point he'll take less $$$ and not cripple a team to give himself a better chance at winning a championship.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,828
    They can't get LBJ without a S & T if they plan to keep Paul and Capela.

    I just can't see any way Cleveland would take back Anderson+ Gordon to add to their already good amount of bad contracts. Even with picks attached they'd be either obvious late 1sts, or way too far down the road to make this move now worthwhile.

  11. #296
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,168
    I truly think it's going to be Philly. I just don't see how he could want to go play with Lonzo Ball in LA. Like if they had any other PG it would make more sense to me. Maybe LA could trade him but I doubt they would.

    Philly is ready made.

    1) They are already an Eastern Conference threat.
    2) They only have 1 big contract on the books in Embiid.
    3) They could probably move Covington since he isn't making crazy money (10.5/11.3/12.1/12.9 per). They could pair Covington with the 10th, 26th, 38th or 39th. Trading these picks won't kill them either. They still have their 2 most important young players in Simmons, Saric and Embiid.
    4) They could pair those picks with Bayless to clear up more cap space.
    5) Once they get Bayless and Covington off the books, they could Sign Lebron, resign JJ to a less per year but longer deal. A deal similar to the Bulls with Pau. I think JJ got paid big last year because they had the money and they had a back room deal where he will come back for less after getting way about market value. It made sense for both sides. Simmons/Reddick/Lebron/Saric/Embiid would be a great starting 5. They'd still have Fultz and McConnell on the bench and I'm sure vets would follow Lebron over. They also would probably still have 1 of those 1st's for depth.

    We should be all over the Bayless plus a pick deal. With the Rockets, Warriors, Celtics, and Philly dominating the league for at least 2/3 more years, we should be stockpiling as much young talent as we can. That way when Lebron is winding down, and the Warriors start showing their age, we can start shuffling around our young assets to position our team for the future.

    Denver definitely has some bad Contracts like Plumlee/Faried/Chandler if he opts in that they could move with a pick. Maybe we could pry 14 away.

    Philly has 10/26/38/39 and incentive to move bloated contracts with some of those picks in order to add help for Lebron's arrival.

    The Lakers have Ingram that they could send out with a bad contract to open it up if they are serious Bron contenders.

    There is a lot we can do this offseason in terms of eating contracts, adding picks, and adding young assets.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I truly think it's going to be Philly. I just don't see how he could want to go play with Lonzo Ball in LA. Like if they had any other PG it would make more sense to me. Maybe LA could trade him but I doubt they would.

    Philly is ready made.

    1) They are already an Eastern Conference threat.
    2) They only have 1 big contract on the books in Embiid.
    3) They could probably move Covington since he isn't making crazy money (10.5/11.3/12.1/12.9 per). They could pair Covington with the 10th, 26th, 38th or 39th. Trading these picks won't kill them either. They still have their 2 most important young players in Simmons, Saric and Embiid.
    4) They could pair those picks with Bayless to clear up more cap space.
    5) Once they get Bayless and Covington off the books, they could Sign Lebron, resign JJ to a less per year but longer deal. A deal similar to the Bulls with Pau. I think JJ got paid big last year because they had the money and they had a back room deal where he will come back for less after getting way about market value. It made sense for both sides. Simmons/Reddick/Lebron/Saric/Embiid would be a great starting 5. They'd still have Fultz and McConnell on the bench and I'm sure vets would follow Lebron over. They also would probably still have 1 of those 1st's for depth.

    We should be all over the Bayless plus a pick deal. With the Rockets, Warriors, Celtics, and Philly dominating the league for at least 2/3 more years, we should be stockpiling as much young talent as we can. That way when Lebron is winding down, and the Warriors start showing their age, we can start shuffling around our young assets to position our team for the future.

    Denver definitely has some bad Contracts like Plumlee/Faried/Chandler if he opts in that they could move with a pick. Maybe we could pry 14 away.

    Philly has 10/26/38/39 and incentive to move bloated contracts with some of those picks in order to add help for Lebron's arrival.

    The Lakers have Ingram that they could send out with a bad contract to open it up if they are serious Bron contenders.

    There is a lot we can do this offseason in terms of eating contracts, adding picks, and adding young assets.
    If he wants to stay in the East he might as well stay with the Cavs and not look bad leaving a 2nd time. I don't think the Sixers even with LeBron would get past a healthy and more experienced Celtics team with more draft picks to load up on ha. If he goes to the Lakers with Paul George, I can see them going for a 3rd star like someone previously mentioned with some pieces the Lakers currently have to move. He is probably looking past basketball though with a move to LA.

    Rockets give him the best shot to compete with the Warriors, but they'll have to gut the team.
    Last edited by DRose01; 06-12-2018 at 03:30 PM.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Simmons would be neutralized if Bron joins, unless Bron's going to play off ball (Right!), plus Fultz will need the ball too. Embid's health hasn't been good since he joined the league. They're not getting past the Celtics with Irving, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Horford, let alone the Warriors. Rockets could be terrifying with Paul, Harden, and James all being able to stretch the floor and attack. They could re-sign Capela after signing Bron. They really need to cash out Anderson, re-sign Ariza to less, his cap hold is 11 mill. Tarik Black could be replaced min salary. Waive rights to Gerald Green, Mbah Moute, and Joe Johnson and re-sign at min later. Paul would probably take a little less to bring in Bron and have a better shot at a ring. Capela's cap hold is only 7 mill, they could keep Gordon, Tucker and Nene.

  14. #299
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,168
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Simmons would be neutralized if Bron joins, unless Bron's going to play off ball (Right!), plus Fultz will need the ball too. Embid's health hasn't been good since he joined the league. They're not getting past the Celtics with Irving, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Horford, let alone the Warriors. Rockets could be terrifying with Paul, Harden, and James all being able to stretch the floor and attack. They could re-sign Capela after signing Bron. They really need to cash out Anderson, re-sign Ariza to less, his cap hold is 11 mill. Tarik Black could be replaced min salary. Waive rights to Gerald Green, Mbah Moute, and Joe Johnson and re-sign at min later. Paul would probably take a little less to bring in Bron and have a better shot at a ring. Capela's cap hold is only 7 mill, they could keep Gordon, Tucker and Nene.
    I agree that Lebron and Simmons would eat into each others productivity. Same could be said about Paul and Harden. Or if he ever played with Westbrook. Derozan and Lebron would be bad fits. If you wanted to build the perfect team around Lebron I'd go: You need a scoring PG since Bron is running the offense anyways. Kyrie was ideal. You need a really good spot up shooter at SG. Best fit would be Klay. Guys like Redick, Korver, Hield, Garry Harris are ideal. They don't need the ball a lot. That's very important for a Lebron SG. At PF you want that same mold as the SG. Stretch 4's like Kuzma/Lauri/Bogdanovic/Love/Saric/etc. And at Center he needs an active offensive rebounder because his team is going to be chucking away. When you start pairing him with other ball dominant players, it causes a rift because they become stand still players while watching Lebron dribble out the clock and take his shot or kick to the corners. Everyone also needs to run because Lebron loves those quick long passes. Lauri and Lebron would actually work together perfectly.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,882
    Harden played off ball a lot this season and was great. The advantage Houston has over Philly is number of shooters. Paul, Harden, and James are all good to great shooters, and great passers. They could also stagger their minutes so two are on the floor at all times, instead of forcing them together all game. You'd have two elite passers with a team full of shooters for 48 minutes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •