Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 126 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Id also try trading a combo of Denzel/Holliday/Grant to get a Philly or Atlanta late 1st or early 2nd

The closer the draft gets, the more anxious I am to see how it plays out

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Probably wont happen but which woulf u prefer

A) trade bobby and #7 to move up to #4/#5
    B) trade bobby and #22 to get a 2nd top 10ish pick
    C) trade bobby for a pick around 14-18
    It'd depend on how the draft shakes out, but for me, if Doncic makes it to 4-5, then option A.

If not, I'm not really interested in the other options.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Probably wont happen but which woulf u prefer

A) trade bobby and #7 to move up to #4/#5
    B) trade bobby and #22 to get a 2nd top 10ish pick
    C) trade bobby for a pick around 14-18
    B. A chance to get 2 of the top 10 this draft would be unbelievable. We could get any combination of a big and wing would be awesome. That would complete our starting 5 and set our core on the court.

Dunn
    Lavine
    Bamba (7)
    Lauri
    Mikal (10)

Dunn
    Lavine
    MPJ(7)
    Lauri
    Carter (10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF you could tell me bobby portis would stay for a reasonable contract i would not mind keeping him, but we have seen how the nba today works with role players getting huge contracts. So I would probably deal him myself.
    Role players aren't getting paid the same way they were a few years ago anymore. GM's went crazy when the cap increased and now they can't give away those players without attaching a draft pick. The cap also isn't going up in the same way it was then either.

I really doubt Bobby is looking at some massive payday. To be clear, I want to keep him because he's a good good 6th man and this roster needs to retain it's best players.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yeah if the Values right, itd be smart to get maximum value for him before he gets paid. If we didnt have Lauri Id be more hesitant.

Wed be better off with a fresh rookie contract and saving that Portis Backup money for a bigger catch at a position of need.
    I don't agree with this line of thinking.

I'm not interested in dumping him to save money. I would move him if we have a chance at Doncic though. Trading him to move up and draft another role player is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I'm not interested in dumping him to save money. I would move him if we have a chance at Doncic though. Trading him to move up and draft another role player is pointless.

It's hardly to save money. It's getting a starter at a position of need rather than a 6th man at a position currently blocked by our 20 year old best player.

Role players are still getting overpaid. Olynyks contract is probably the starting point for Bobby. Can easily see him getting 15+ per year.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Role players aren't getting paid the same way they were a few years ago anymore. GM's went crazy when the cap increased and now they can't give away those players without attaching a draft pick. The cap also isn't going up in the same way it was then either.

I really doubt Bobby is looking at some massive payday. To be clear, I want to keep him because he's a good good 6th man and this roster needs to retain it's best players.

The problem is you dont know that at all. Yes guys like felecio (real role players) got paid because of that but good bench players have allways gotten paydays in the open market (see Ben Gordon Or as somebody else said Kelly Olynic) and while i agree i would love to keep him around who is to say a team like the Nets or others does not offer him starting caliber money. At 24 and averaging what he did per 36 (something like 21 points) i would not doubt that there will be a market for him. And as we just heard via that report teams are interested. I am just afraid of what happens if we keep him and somebody pulls an Omer Asik on us. Obviously u cant match him starter money to play off the bench but then u loose him for nothing.

To me if i was the bulls this is what i would do. Offer him an extension now for 10-12 mil per. If he declines u dangle him. But IMO a bench big is too easy to replace. We had TAJ for years and while he was solid it was not like many teams were dying for a player like him either.

I mean Amir Johnson got 11 mil in FA last year. U just never know. And i just know i would take a cheaper guy over paying him 15+Mil a year.

I mean how much are u willing to pay a guy to play 22 MPG ???
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-08-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Zach Lavine (sign & trade)
    Omer Asik

for

Hassan Whiteside
    Tyler Johnson
    2019 draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Role players are still getting overpaid. Olynyks contract is probably the starting point for Bobby. Can easily see him getting 15+ per year.
    Olynyk is the 25th highest paid C and 40th highest paid front court player in the league at $12.5M annually. If you can get Bobby for $13M then I'm all for it. That's 8% of the salary cap and a likely bargain in a few years.

There just isn't a precedent for role playing PF's making $15M+ besides Pau and Ryan Anderson in the last couple years. They're the only guys to sign for that kind of money at that position. Everyone else, like Taj, Marvin Williams, Leur, Meyers Leonard, James Johnson, Niko, Randolph, Amir have been anywhere from $10-14M with an average salary of $12.3M.

https://twitter.com/BullScripted/sta...98314961711105

This is almost too smart not to do.

Bulls should absolutely pursue deals like that. Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

My exact thoughts https://twitter.com/treybizzy/status...437231104?s=21

Via Cowley, everything Ive hard is that Dunn is a hard worker