Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1910
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He probably can but our defense would be really bad. LaVine and Parker are both sub par defenders and Lauri still needs to get better. But beyond his defense, why sign a guy with 2 ACL tears in his history? Unless he signed for super cheap and/or included an injury clause like LaVine.
    Because its basically like buying a loto ticket right. Maybe he pans out. Maybe not. I dont think anyone want a long term deal. But 1 year 20 (which may be hard for a small market team to match) would at least give us somethibg at SF. And if he looks good maybe he is a trade assset.

I just dont want our cap space not to be used right. And nobody want to take on a long term deal (like Deng or Parsons)and ruin potential FA right. so the only option is taking on a 1 year deal which dont get sold that often. Melo is prolly the only chance we have and seems like he will be bought out or traded.

So trying to get Parker on a 1 year deal seems ideal to me. Or even a similar deal to Niko. If he gets injured or doesnt work out cut him or let him walk. If he does he could be a nice asset to trade or keep.

Fyi i am fine on hood in a sinilar deal but think Parker is more likely to be let to walk and unless u go long term on the cavs they wont loose hin for nothing.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-10-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    14 mil after taxes, manager, and all the other expenses, you are really talking 4-6 mil a year, honestly, that's not a lot of money, especially in a city like Chicago or LA.
    Meh, Itís still a lot of money, but obviously a lot different than 14 million. People forget when they talk about these monster contracts that about half right off the top goes to Uncle Sam before you even start talking manager/agent/financial advisor/accountant and other expenses. I donít care where you live, 4-6 mil is still a lot of money, but you canít spend like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Because its basically like buying a loto ticket right. Maybe he pans out. Maybe not. I dont think anyone want a long term deal. But 1 year 20 (which may be hard for a small market team to match) would at least give us somethibg at SF. And if he looks good maybe he is a trade assset.

I just dont want our cap space not to be used right. And nobody want to take on a long term deal (like Deng or Parsons)and ruin potential FA right. so the only option is taking on a 1 year deal which dont get sold that often. Melo is prolly the only chance we have and seems like he will be bought out or traded.

So trying to get Parker on a 1 year deal seems ideal to me. Or even a similar deal to Niko. If he gets injured or doesnt work out cut him or let him walk. If he does he could be a nice asset to trade or keep.

Fyi i am fine on hood in a sinilar deal but think Parker is more likely to be let to walk and unless u go long term on the cavs they wont loose hin for nothing.
    2 yr/24 mil , 2nd yr team option would be ok with me. No risk for the Bulls really. But Parker wonít be the same type of player this season if he ever is again. Guys donít have leverage when theyíre coming off their 2nd ACL tear. Iíd personally rather just sign nwaba for around 2-5 mil per year and see if he could continue to develop offensively. Much better defender and the bulls donít have wings that could defend.

2 yr/24 mil , 2nd yr team option would be ok with me. No risk for the Bulls really. But Parker wonít be the same type of player this season if he ever is again. Guys donít have leverage when theyíre coming off their 2nd ACL tear. Iíd personally rather just sign nwaba for around 2-5 mil per year and see if he could continue to develop offensively. Much better defender and the bulls donít have wings that could defend.
    IDK about not being the same player, he showed explosiveness after coming back this year. I know its a risk but i think it could be worth the gamble.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Meh, Itís still a lot of money, but obviously a lot different than 14 million. People forget when they talk about these monster contracts that about half right off the top goes to Uncle Sam before you even start talking manager/agent/financial advisor/accountant and other expenses. I donít care where you live, 4-6 mil is still a lot of money, but you canít spend like an idiot.
    4-6mil take home is more money than you should be able to spend in a year even after a huge mansion and a few cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    4-6mil take home is more money than you should be able to spend in a year even after a huge mansion and a few cars.
    I agree. But a nice house, expenses, and giving some to family/relatives and it all of a sudden doesnít sound as much as it is.

My bets right now on top players availible

Clint Capella (stays with rockets...... Matching a surprise offer from the Hawks)
    Marcus Smart (stays with Celtics on 1 year QO)
    Jabari Parker (to chicago on a 2 year 40 mil deal with small amount guarunteed next season)
    Rodney Hood( to the Kings for 4 year 60 mil )
    Issiah Thomas (to Orlando for 8.5 for 1 year MLE)
    Michael Beasley ( to Bucks to replace Jabari)
    Melo ( to Houston after but out)

If Iím the Bulls, I call the Thunder and say this is the deal I need to take Melo off your hands so you can save around $70M in luxury tax money.

Bulls get:
    Carmelo Anthony ($27.9M) - immediately waived to sign w/ HOU/MIA/LAL
    Terrance Ferguson ($2.2M)
    2020 2nd round pick
    2021 1st round pick (unprotected)
    Total $- $30.1M

Thunder get:
    Cristiano Felicio ($8.5M in Ď18-19, 3yr/$24.2M left)
    Sean Kilpatrick ($2M non-guaranteed)
    Julyan Stone ($1.6M non-guaranteed)
    Paul Zipser ($1.5M non-guaranteed)
    $9M trade exception from Mirotic
    $2.6M trade exception from J. Grant
    Total $- $25.2M

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    If Iím the Bulls, I call the Thunder and say this is the deal I need to take Melo off your hands so you can save around $70M in luxury tax money.

Bulls get:
    Carmelo Anthony ($27.9M) - immediately waived to sign w/ HOU/MIA/LAL
    Terrance Ferguson ($2.2M)
    2020 2nd round pick
    2021 1st round pick (unprotected)
    Total $- $30.1M

Thunder get:
    Cristiano Felicio ($8.5M in Ď18-19, 3yr/$24.2M left)
    Sean Kilpatrick ($2M non-guaranteed)
    Julyan Stone ($1.6M non-guaranteed)
    Paul Zipser ($1.5M non-guaranteed)
    $9M trade exception from Mirotic
    $2.6M trade exception from J. Grant
    Total $- $25.2M
    Why would they give those assets? If they stretch melo, he would have a cap hit of 9 mil over the next 3 years. Felicio isminimal savings. I would laugh at that if I'm presti.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Why would they give those assets? If they stretch melo, he would have a cap hit of 9 mil over the next 3 years. Felicio isminimal savings. I would laugh at that if I'm presti.
    There is just no way the Thunder are taking on Felicio's contract when their only goal is to save money by getting rid of Melo, taking on Felicio hinders that greatly (and for multiple years no less)

Clint Capella (stays with rockets...... Matching a surprise offer from the Hawks)
    Jabari Parker (to chicago on a 2 year 40 mil deal with small amount guarunteed next season)
    I wouldn't mind throwing a little higher salaries at Parker or Hood this summer for the first year given the cap issues the Bucks and Cavs have on a short term deal. Like it was mentioned, maybe a team option for the following seasons as well. If they the Bucks/Cavs match then so be it and they have high payrolls to deal with.

Really wtf has he done to earn that lmao you just giving money away

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

I agree. But a nice house, expenses, and giving some to family/relatives and it all of a sudden doesnít sound as much as it is.
    If they stay in the city though? A modern 3br condo is anywhere from 800 to 1.3mil, and if he wanted to buy a second place in his home town, it'll be doubled and tripled that, it's really not that much money now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Really wtf has he done to earn that lmao you just giving money away
    I dont think you can get a RFA withouy spending. Otherwise the Bucs will match.

What do u think he is worth. Because if u offer that ( i am sure its under 15 ) the Bucks likely wont let him walk. U need to offer enough to make them think twice. And with Middleton due a contract too nect season 20 seems like the type of # they wont match.

Maybe its less but on basically a 1 year deal i really dont care.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-11-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    I dont think so. I beleive u split it basically into 2x the years ge gas left. So 2. He would have a cap hit of 12.5 which is closer to 30-45 because of how far they are over. And despite that seeming fine from a fans POV. Your paying 12-35 mil for no player. And that sucks.

Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast