Michael Beasley ufa
    Shabazz Napier ufa
    Alex Len ufa
    James Ennis ufa
    Patrick McCaw rfa
    Bryn Forbes rfa
    Pat Connaughton rfa
    Luke Babbit ufa

This team isnít going to max out and be anywhere near a championship. People keep saying that Anthony Davis will be the guy in 2020, but what have we seen since 2010, stars want to play with other stars.

But if the Bulls canít convince Kyrie and Butler who want to play together to come to Chicago when they have two slots open, then what gives you any feeling that Anthony Davis will come here in 2020.

LaVine at anything under $20M is fine and acceptable, but they still need to make sure they can go after two max players next offseason.

The reason I say that is the whole point of playing this game is winning championships, I donít think LaVine can ever even be the third piece on a championship team. I hope Iím wrong about that, but I just donít see his game elevating that far.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but I'm surprised at how many people liked the idea of matching the offer.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Not saying it's right or wrong, but I'm surprised at how many people liked the idea of matching the offer.
    19.5 is about where i expected him myself. At the full 25 i probably sat no but to me you got him for a steal because healtht he would have been a 25 ppg guy for us and a max guy.

I know people dont like his D. But no doubt this league overrates offense. If he is a 25 poi t guy some team would be willing to take him. If not trade assers for.

Also. To loose Zack for nothing just sucks. U got 3 guys in the jimmy trade and if u let him walk you basically traded him for a rental. If u didnt want hin u should have traded him for something last season. But to loose him for nothing is unacceptable.

And honestly for anyone who says i would have maxed out at 15 or 16. What is 4 mil over 100+ mil.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I don't understand the logic of letting him walk at that number. Maybe if we were a West Coast team with a better FO then sure but come on, cannot let talent like this walk out the door for nothing.

So glad they matched.
    Right. I could see if the Bulls had a legit star, if not two, and thought they could make a run at 2 max guys next year to give GS a run for their money but they donít. They have young developing players with upside and LaVine fits in that group. The contract, while debatable if LaVine is worth it, still gives the Bulls plenty of flexibility going forward. And the injury clause is the cherry on the sundae. Although, I havenít heard the exact details on it. Glad itís in there though. Makes it that much easier of a decision.

Definitely the right call to match. We can't let him just go lol. If nothing else we can trade him somewhere but just letting him walk would be absolutely ridiculous and we would be raking the FO over the coals. They made the right call here.

Cap hits for 2019-2020

Under contract
    Zach LaVine- $19.5M
    Omer Asik- $11.97M team option w/ $3M guaranteed
    Cristiano Felicio- $8.15M
    Kris Dunn- $5.35M team option
    Lauri Markkanen- $5.3M team option
    Wendell Carter Jr- $5.2M
    Denzel Valentine- $3.37M team option
    Chandler Hutchinson- $2.33M
    Sean Kilpatrick-$2M team option
    Paul Zipser- $1.6M team option
    Total- $64.77M
    Total w/ guys Iíd not bring back- $48.83M

Cap Holds
    Robin Lopez- $21.5M UFA LET WALK
    Justin Holiday- $4.38M UFA LET WALK
    Cam Payne- $4.5M RFA LET WALK
    Jerian Grant- $3.76M RFA LET WALK
    Bobby Portis- $3.6M RFA RE-SIGN
    Minimum Total from top and Portis- $52.43M

Obviously let Lopez walk. Iíd renounce Payne, Grant, not pick up the options on Valentine, Kilpatrick and Zipser. Holiday is the guy Iíd like to keep around as a bench piece but heís not necessary if it comes to getting two max players.

Maybe the Bulls could convince someone to take on Felicioís contract and that would put the total at $44.28M heading into the draft and the offseason. The 1st round pick will cost just say $4.5M pushing it to roughly $48.78M. So say somewhere between $48-56M the Bulls should have locked up with the possibility itís more with a Portis extension.

Thereís supposed to be a decent jump in salary cap this next offseason. So the Bulls would have roughly $40-$50M in cap space. Obviously the Bulls can go into the luxury tax and will have to if they want to sign big names then give Markannen his big extension.

The Bulls could do big things, just need to keep themselves in the mix for the big fish in free agency.

If LaVine and Dunn take the next step in their development and Markkanen and Carter show why they were both #7 picks, then the Bulls have a very solid group of players 25 and younger heading into free agency.

I hope it works or this group is just going to be anothe team that gets to the playoffs but isnít a threat to do anything.

Whether Lavine is worth the money or not, the Bulls continue to show a poor decision making process. We need a front office that understand the nuisances of the league and are proactive rather than reactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    If Lavine and Mark can be 20 point guys for us and we can make the playoffs and maybe even push a team to 7 We should have a nice ability to sell to any FA. But without Lavine its likely your selling on hope.

Btw. If Jimmy and Kyrie wanted to come anyway (fantasy dreamers who didnt want Lavine to resigns wish) thrn u could easily deal Dunn to make some extra cap room. And honestly if they want to play that bad together would it be rediculous to expect them to take a little leds than max (and have other guys on the team to help.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    If you can get an eighth seed with a team where everyone's under 25, think you're doing damn good. Being a low playoff seed isn't bad if you have an entire roster of young developing players. You'll rarely jump from 30 wins to 55 wins in one season. If you continually miss the playoffs, you're doing a bad job drafting, lol

maybe, if youre in the west. the conferences arent equal.

phi-bos
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    ltor-ind
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    rest of the east

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If Lavine and Mark can be 20 point guys for us and we can make the playoffs and maybe even push a team to 7 We should have a nice ability to sell to any FA. But without Lavine its likely your selling on hope.

Btw. If Jimmy and Kyrie wanted to come anyway (fantasy dreamers who didnt want Lavine to resigns wish) thrn u could easily deal Dunn to make some extra cap room. And honestly if they want to play that bad together would it be rediculous to expect them to take a little leds than max (and have other guys on the team to help.
    I dont see Kyrie and Jimmy coming here but if they wanted to you'd need to clear more than Dunn to make room for them. You'd need to trade felicio dunn Asik then renounce all the RFA like portis grant payne (no biggie really) and even then a roster of Lauri/WCJ/Hutch/Lavine/Kyrie/Jimmy/next years lottery pick would have no bench guys. But when 2 max guys go anywhere there most likely will not be bench or good role players there since they will command 70% of the cap.

this upcoming season is a big year obviously. Either Lavine Lauri and Dunn improve and then bulls take a big swing in FA or they stay the same or get hurt/regress and then the bulls should think about slowing down the rebuild and build through the lottery for 2 more years...

Me personally im not sold on anyone on this roster except lauri and I dont even think hes a superstar so im just fine with not trying to tank but still being a bottom tier team for a few years in hopes of hitting the jackpot in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    Whether Lavine is worth the money or not, the Bulls continue to show a poor decision making process. We need a front office that understand the nuisances of the league and are proactive rather than reactive.
    How so? How were they reactive here and not proactive?

Cap is projected at 120M in 2020, right?

19.5M is just about 16% of the cap.

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    We will have to wait to know how does this turns out but for now I am happy they played the patient game in this case.

Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast