Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1910
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not true at all. If you guys think Bogdon is that good its a case of the grass is allways greener. A) why would the kings want Lavine if Brogdon was so good B) u guys realize he is a 25 year old Rok right. Lavine is 3 years Younger than him. Bogdon is a better shooter than Lavine but thats about it. He may be a better passing JJ reddick in his prime but Lavines Potential is way higher.

Per 36 Lavine is better in just about every catigory there is. And this was durring a very poor sample by lavine who shot nearly 10% less than his average due to rust.

Are people blown away by this guy because he won the rising stars MVP by shooting a bunch of 3s. Because Hardaway Jr did too and i would hardley call him a good player.
    I had to laugh at the Rising Stars comment. I didn't see that game, but watched probably 25% of SAC games during the regular season. It's almost as laughable as you comparing BB's passing to Redick.

If we're going to talk stats, compare Zach's 3rd year to BB last year. Not really a big discrepancy anywhere. Based on the eye test, it's clear to me that at this point in time BB's court vision is vastly superior to Zach. Also, MIN had him run point for awhile and scrapped it which is pretty telling.

Man there is a lot of Freaking out over nothing with Lavine. We are just playing the smart waiting game

lol kwahi doesnt want to compete against james in LA for market shine. hes gonna end up re-upping with the spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    lol kwahi doesnt want to compete against james in LA for market shine. hes gonna end up re-upping with the spurs
    He could go to the clips. Or maybe NY and team up with Kyrie. Chicago’s a big market too. Maybe he’d come here.

I just want to have the big time cap space next off season to at least be in the discussion to pair two stars with Markkanen, Carter and Dunn.

We could clear enough cap for two max contracts even if we sign Zach to 20 mill. Counting 3 mill buyout for Asik and picking up Portis, Lauri, Valentine, Hutchinson and Dunns options, looks around 40 mill. Don't have to pick up Kilpatrick, Payne, Grant, or Zipsers options if it comes to signing a max. Add 20 mill for Zach and that's still only 60 mill.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-05-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    We could clear enough cap for two max contracts even if we sign Zach to 20 mill. Counting 3 mill buyout for Asik and picking up Portis, Lauri, Valentine, Hutchinson and Dunns options, looks around 40 mill. Don't have to pick up Kilpatrick, Payne, Grant, or Zipsers options if it comes to signing a max. Add 20 mill for Zach and that's still only 60 mill.
    Portis has no option next year. His 2018 option was already picked up and he'll be a Restricted FA next summer.

You're right, the number will be roughly $60M, but a max deal for a Kyrie or Butler type is going to be more than $30M each. More like $32-35M. It's why you can't overpay a guy like LaVine this summer if you really believe you have a shot at that caliber of player.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 07-05-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    *Edit: DG already pointed it out

Bobby is RFA next year, no more options to pickup. Bulls will have $6+m cap hold until they renounce/resign Portis
    Last edited by ChiSox219; 07-05-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Portis has no option next year. His 2018 option was already picked up and he'll be a Restricted FA next summer.

You're right, the number will be roughly $60M, but a max deal for a Kyrie or Butler type is going to be more than $30M each. More like $32-35M. It's why you can't overpay a guy like LaVine this summer if you really believe you have a shot at that caliber of player.
    This exactly. Bringing in 1 guy doesn’t make the Bulls a true contender IMO. Young pieces have to step up and get 2 of the big names on the market.

I would be worried that no one is going to sign here next year unless the Bulls overpay for free agents outside the top tier. They were in much better shape going into the 2010 offseason and had cap space for two max deals but still missed out on the top 5 free agents
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    I would be worried that no one is going to sign here next year unless the Bulls overpay for free agents outside the top tier. They were in much better shape going into the 2010 offseason and had cap space for two max deals but still missed out on the top 5 free agents
    Well, 3 of them obviously colluded beforehand, and I'm not sure who you consider the other 2 they missed out on (Amare, Joe Johnson...can't remember who else was available back then), but I agree with your point. The roster isn't anywhere near as attractive as it was in 2010, I don't think we even know if Hoiberg is a good coach (IMO he isn't), and this FO has a much different reputation 8-9 years later. I don't like their chances either.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Well, 3 of them obviously colluded beforehand, and I'm not sure who you consider the other 2 they missed out on (Amare, Joe Johnson...can't remember who else was available back then), but I agree with your point. The roster isn't anywhere near as attractive as it was in 2010, I don't think we even know if Hoiberg is a good coach (IMO he isn't), and this FO has a much different reputation 8-9 years later. I don't like their chances either.
    In the summer if 2009, Rose was entering his second season just as Laurie is. We have to see where Lauri is a year from now to see how this roster looks attracrion wise for free agents.

Houberg may not be able to coach. But we knew nothing of Thibs atbthe time besides teams passing on him for HC gigs for over a decade. The Bulls also just gured their 3rd coach in 3 years (not including interim after Skiles was fired).

Just sayin, this is a convo to be had 1 year from now.

I'm on the fence about Lavine coming back. I really just don't see him being anything other than a really good 6th man type player for a playoff team. My plan would probably be let him walk unless it's a contract that makes sense. Get into the lottery and go after 2 max next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    In the summer if 2009, Rose was entering his second season just as Laurie is. We have to see where Lauri is a year from now to see how this roster looks attracrion wise for free agents.

Houberg may not be able to coach. But we knew nothing of Thibs atbthe time besides teams passing on him for HC gigs for over a decade. The Bulls also just gured their 3rd coach in 3 years (not including interim after Skiles was fired).

Just sayin, this is a convo to be had 1 year from now.
    Sure, if they take significant steps this season then it's a different story, but that team had a young Deng and Noah who were better then than anyone currently on this roster. It just feels like this roster as a whole is further away than that 09 group was then. Admittedly, I'm not very high on this group either, besides Lauri. I don't believe they have the same ceiling (collectively) as that trio of Rose, Deng, and Noah and they're still a coach away (IMO) from taking that next step.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 07-05-2018 at 11:19 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    So now you're on board with the idea of this player? You said you found him average but now deem him acceptable. To what do we attribute the full John Kerry on your opinion?

It's BOGDAN and not BOJAN on the Kings. Serbian vs. Bosnian. Besides a culture deficit on display, also a completely different skillset of players. And age difference. Pretty much everything.

Your next post refers to him as Bogdon and Brogdon in the same post. Are we on the same page of the player being referenced?
    Yes just the name switch and refering to the kings SG who shot nearly 40 %. As far as wanting him like i said the idea of a kings 2020 pick i would love. As i dont think i would bet on them being a playoff team. Bogdon is solid but again if u think he is worth Lavine at a discounted price i disagree. He is going to be a solid role player but this team doesnt need role players. I would overpay for Lavines potential greatness for this team than give him away for averagness. But that pick (which to me is still likely top 10 if not higher) gives u hope to find another young stud.