Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 39 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1910
  1. #571
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,154
    Let the Kings offer him 20+ million. I'd let him walk before I felt forced to pay him a max offer sheet. I don't really think he was the center piece of that deal.

    Dunn and Lauri were enough for Butler. The fact that if we didn't trade Butler, we wouldn't have ended up with Carter also was part of the haul. We shouldn't feel forced to pay out superstar money for the 3rd piece of our deal. That's like playing poker and saying you are pot committed, so you call with your bluff and lose everything.

    I want Lavine back, and I want to believe he will be great, but I would pay him above his value for 2 years with a 3rd year team option at most.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    668
    When people say the Bulls are going to wait until summer 2019, who exactly is there that the Bulls could realistically target to land? The only UFA I see is Klay Thompson and I would bet anything he's not leaving Golden State. I would guess if Leonard or lebron end up in LA then it will be on long term deals. I would think George signs long term as well this summer. Everyone else that is young and of relevance is a RFA so their teams will probably match any offer sheet. Only possible franchise changer is Anthony Davis in 2020 unless he renews with New Orleans. If somebody is there for the taking this summer, the Bulls shouldn't shy away. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Jabari Parker would be a great fit at the 3 besides Dunn, Lavine, Lauri and Lopez/Carter. Big body that can shoot or take it to the rim. If you need future cap space and are a serious contender for a franchise guy FA down the road, then you can always make moves.
    Last edited by DRose01; 06-28-2018 at 04:38 PM.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Let the Kings offer him 20+ million. I'd let him walk before I felt forced to pay him a max offer sheet. I don't really think he was the center piece of that deal.

    Dunn and Lauri were enough for Butler. The fact that if we didn't trade Butler, we wouldn't have ended up with Carter also was part of the haul. We shouldn't feel forced to pay out superstar money for the 3rd piece of our deal. That's like playing poker and saying you are pot committed, so you call with your bluff and lose everything.

    I want Lavine back, and I want to believe he will be great, but I would pay him above his value for 2 years with a 3rd year team option at most.
    I agree with half of this. I dont think hes worth 20 million and to be honest I dont think hes worth more than 16/17 million. He hasnt really shown that much and was already seriously injured.... He has major flaws and in the end im not that big of a fan (wasnt when he was in minny and def not here).

    As for Dunn n Lauri being enough for butler I disagree. Dunn has potential if he can cut down TOs and improve his shot but Jimmy was a top tier guy I dont think those 2 were enough for Jimmy even though I really really like Lauri.

    If any team offers him more than 17 I let him walk and the smart fans will understand and let the other fans ***** for 10 months when they realize bulls will have a top 5 pick filled with SG/SFs

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,868
    Jabari Parker? Oh lord...

  5. #575
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    I agree with half of this. I dont think hes worth 20 million and to be honest I dont think hes worth more than 16/17 million. He hasnt really shown that much and was already seriously injured.... He has major flaws and in the end im not that big of a fan (wasnt when he was in minny and def not here).

    As for Dunn n Lauri being enough for butler I disagree. Dunn has potential if he can cut down TOs and improve his shot but Jimmy was a top tier guy I dont think those 2 were enough for Jimmy even though I really really like Lauri.

    If any team offers him more than 17 I let him walk and the smart fans will understand and let the other fans ***** for 10 months when they realize bulls will have a top 5 pick filled with SG/SFs
    If Dunn improves his offense a little bit, and Lauri becomes the 20+ PPG scorer I expect him to be, I think it's more than enough. I think by the time Lauri turns 24, we will be talking about him being the best player in that trade. We still have a few years until Lauri is even close to his prime. I expect him to keep improving.

    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Jabari Parker? Oh lord...
    Real Talk!!! Jabari's Knees alone make me say no!

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,868
    Remember when everyone wanted to be sorry for Jabari? Lol...

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,781

  8. #578
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,154
    Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    When people say the Bulls are going to wait until summer 2019, who exactly is there that the Bulls could realistically target to land? The only UFA I see is Klay Thompson and I would bet anything he's not leaving Golden State. I would guess if Leonard or lebron end up in LA then it will be on long term deals. I would think George signs long term as well this summer. Everyone else that is young and of relevance is a RFA so their teams will probably match any offer sheet. Only possible franchise changer is Anthony Davis in 2020 unless he renews with New Orleans. If somebody is there for the taking this summer, the Bulls shouldn't shy away. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Jabari Parker would be a great fit at the 3 besides Dunn, Lavine, Lauri and Lopez/Carter. Big body that can shoot or take it to the rim. If you need future cap space and are a serious contender for a franchise guy FA down the road, then you can always make moves.
    I'd take Kris Middleton when he more than definitely opts out next year. He dominated those young wings in Boston for 7 games.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    773
    oh lord. like i said this team cant tank right. we're already in build a playoff team mode. not saying hes a game changer but hes a piece in having no cap space and a 5th place team in the east type of piece.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Let the Kings offer him 20+ million. I'd let him walk before I felt forced to pay him a max offer sheet. I don't really think he was the center piece of that deal.

    Dunn and Lauri were enough for Butler. The fact that if we didn't trade Butler, we wouldn't have ended up with Carter also was part of the haul. We shouldn't feel forced to pay out superstar money for the 3rd piece of our deal. That's like playing poker and saying you are pot committed, so you call with your bluff and lose everything.

    I want Lavine back, and I want to believe he will be great, but I would pay him above his value for 2 years with a 3rd year team option at most.
    This is kind of a tricky situation. This decision will almost solely dictate who the bulls are and what they can do for the next hand full of years. On one hand, if LaVine goes out and gets a big offer like(5/105) and the Bulls let him walk, they would lose a potential perennial all star for nothing... on the other hand, if they match the offer sheet, and LaVine come back and struggles in a subordinate role to Lauri Markkanen, now theyíre stuck paying a guy 20+ mil a year to be the 2nd or maybe even third option on a non-championship caliber team. Which, NAHHHHHHHH. best case scenario imo, his market was overstated and he signs like a 4/60 sheet and the bulls match it. Itís still a risk because we still donít really know where his game will be a couple years from now, especially playing subordinate to Markkanen, but with his age and potential itís a risk the bulls should at 15 per.. plus if he struggles the bulls would have a much easier time moving him if heís making 15 mil and not 22mil..... I honestly have no idea how this is going to play out. Iím hoping for the best, but I really donít know

  11. #581
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,154
    As Meh as that sounds, I'd take him on a cheap deal to play SF. Not like we are oozing with depth there. Do we even have a real SF on our roster? Hutch and Holiday are basically big SG's and small SF's. Denzel is a SG. Nwaba is SG who can play SF cuz of strength. He's just be a placeholder anyways. Maybe with an increased role he does well and we can flip him in a deal.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,154
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCansSam View Post
    This is kind of a tricky situation. This decision will almost solely dictate who the bulls are and what they can do for the next hand full of years. On one hand, if LaVine goes out and gets a big offer like(5/105) and the Bulls let him walk, they would lose a potential perennial all star for nothing... on the other hand, if they match the offer sheet, and LaVine come back and struggles in a subordinate role to Lauri Markkanen, now theyíre stuck paying a guy 20+ mil a year to be the 2nd or maybe even third option on a non-championship caliber team. Which, NAHHHHHHHH. best case scenario imo, his market was overstated and he signs like a 4/60 sheet and the bulls match it. Itís still a risk because we still donít really know where his game will be a couple years from now, especially playing subordinate to Markkanen, but with his age and potential itís a risk the bulls should at 15 per.. plus if he struggles the bulls would have a much easier time moving him if heís making 15 mil and not 22mil..... I honestly have no idea how this is going to play out. Iím hoping for the best, but I really donít know
    I'd say best case is to give him a big short term deal. Let him prove it before we tie ourselves down. If he fails, at least he made big time money, if he succeeds, we both acted in good faith and extend him for what he earned. Right now he hasn't earned ****.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,781

  14. #584
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,624
    There is Zero Reason to be worried about the Sacramento Kings signing Zack Lavine, anything they can sign him to we should be able to match. and let me explain.

    Kings Currently only have 390,769 in Cap space, However they can clear nearly 25 mil if they release their cap holds of Vince Carter ($9,600,000), Bruno Caboclo ($7,353,675) and One other. That Other one is not going to have his cap hold Released, In fact I will bet 100,000,0000 dollars he doesnt unless by some odd event he dies prior to the deadline he will have his cap hold picked up. His name is Marvin Bagley III. ($7,243,440) And I am willing to bet that They have every intention of keeping the #2 pick on the payrole.

    So If They are keeping Bagley (which should be a given) The most cap room they have is 17,344,404.

    If the Bulls cant match that. I am sorry but you are stupid. I dont care if you talk about long term or not 17 mil is a low enough contract I will bet on Zack being at or exceeding that contract.

    Now. There is one Slight flaw though, And his name is Garrett Temple. He has an 8 mil player option that should he opt out of, obviously that opens up 8 mil extra for them to use. However if you think a 32 year old is likely to opt out your probably dreaming. I think he is going to take that 8 mil next year because nobody is giving him that type of money in FA.

    There is also another option. Which is Trade away some guys to open up some cap room. and this may happen, however i find it unlikely.

    To me, this worry about the Kings offering him 125 mil is ridiculous because.... well they cant barring a Fluke of Temple option out or retiring. Or them trading for more cap space. They physically cant offer him 25 mil a year.

    To me. there is a more frightening suitor for Lavine IMO. and they are the LA lakers, and while i dont expect him to be their primary tarter at all. You never know with that much cap space what might happen if things fall apart. Look at what they did to Deng and Mozgov.

    If they miss out and have all that money a guy like Lavine could very well get a redonkulous offer from the Lakers trying to make use of that cap space.

    But the Kings giving him and offer. as long as it starts at 17 mil I would match it every day of the week.

    btw everything listed in this post can be found here

    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/sacramento-kings/cap/
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-28-2018 at 10:07 PM.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16,459
    If the Lakers are signing LaVine to an offer sheet, then things went terribly wrong for them this offseason.

Page 39 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •