Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1913
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Not only expiring contracts, but teams who might decide to reboot during the season, trading guys like Derozan for young assets/cap room
    You have a point. And it would depend on WHO it was for. But to counter U with a reason to hold onto Melo.

Hold on to melo and offer him(expiring) the Hypothetical picks from taking him and whatever other assets. U need to include for said player. Obviously if he is cut he is dead money and cant be moved. But its an excelent reason to take him because he can be used. Yes u can trade and give cap space but the assets u can gain could help. 2 late first is just more u could throw into it. And who knows. A Injury to George or Westbrook could make that team go from 20s to teens.

Again i would not take him on for giggles. The Thunder would need to make it worth our While to basically give up that cap room. Especially if we were forced to cut hin and eat his cap and loose flexibility.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-08-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Well thats just not smart. If OKC came in and offered first round picks in 2019 & 2021 and Melo for Felicio, you wouldnt do it?
    Hell, I'd do it for just one 1st rounder alone. No brainer.

Why does DeRozan keep coming up? He's not worth the contract he's on. Hell, if LaVine gets back to his pre ACL injury numbers, he's going to be close to DeRozan and is almost 6 years younger.

I wasn't all for LaVine being brought back, but I do understand why the Bulls did.

If the Bulls can get a pick in 2021 to take on Melo's contract, they should be all over that. Even if the pick is in the 20's, that draft could be stacked with talent and the Bulls should be shooting for assets that year.

Milwaukee reportedly 15 mill below hard cap with last signing and without re-signing Parker. 2 yr/34 mill, team option second year might make them blink, especially if we front-load the first year. Know people are skeptical of Parker, but a one year tryout to see if he could fit could work. Not sure if that number includes Parker cap hold.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-08-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    If were going to bring Jimmy back and pay him absurd money, id rather not trade assets and pay Kyrie absurd money too. Hes too injured and while hes a very good player, I feel like hes become slightly overrated as well. Dunn and Butler would lock everything down defensively and Jimmy needs the ball in his hands anyways. Hes very much a ball stopper. Dunn/LaVine/Jimbo/Lauri/WCJ would contend with anyone in the East and actually matches up very well with GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Yes the only assets we would be trading away are the Asik deal and maybe Felicio. In 2019 only 3 million guaranteed on Asiks deal
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Hell, I'd do it for just one 1st rounder alone. No brainer.
    Exactly one 1st rounder in 2021 completely unprotected and I'm in.

Bulls Trades and Acquisitions Thread 2018 Off-Season

I just dont get how you could pay Kyrie a full max deal when hes showed an injury history going back to college. He misses time every year and last year missed the playoffs. There was talk about him never being the same when he sustained it his injury last year....but youd pay him 30+ mil a year and trade assets for him? Pass on that.

One first rounder to save OKC like 130 mill in luxury tax? You guys are not great negotiators lol, especially since we're like their only option to completely clear him. Their luxury tax bill is more than the actual salary cap for a team that's not winning it all in a small market
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-08-2018 at 06:06 PM.

One first rounder to save OKC like 130 mill in luxury tax? You guys are not great negotiators lol, especially since we're like their only option to completely clear him. Their luxury tax bill is more than the actual salary cap for a team that's not winning it all in a small market
    I'm not negotiating last time I checked. Just trying to point out even a bare minimum of one first rounder in return would be a no brainer.

If anything, I want Diallo along with a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I'm not negotiating last time I checked. Just trying to point out even a bare minimum of one first rounder in return would be a no brainer.
    Somebody posted one first rounder and I'm in, wasn't talking to you. And definitely wasn't intended to take personally, don't think anybody in here is a NBA negotiator, but to save over $100 mill seems like worth more than 1 first rd pick years from now. I'm seeing reports they would save 122 mill just by stretching him, how much for clearing him completely and not paying him 9 mill for the next 3 yrs + tax?

Correction, you were one of the people who posted you would do it for only one first.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.

I just dont get how you could pay Kyrie a full max deal when hes showed an injury history going back to college. He misses time every year and last year missed the playoffs. There was talk about him never being the same when he sustained it his injury last year....but youd pay him 30+ mil a year and trade assets for him? Pass on that.
    And bad defense, I hope none of the people who wanted us to let Lavine go are on the Kyrie boat, older, much more expensive, extensive injury history
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-08-2018 at 06:24 PM.

If were going to bring Jimmy back and pay him absurd money, id rather not trade assets and pay Kyrie absurd money too. Hes too injured and while hes a very good player, I feel like hes become slightly overrated as well. Dunn and Butler would lock everything down defensively and Jimmy needs the ball in his hands anyways. Hes very much a ball stopper. Dunn/LaVine/Jimbo/Lauri/WCJ would contend with anyone in the East and actually matches up very well with GS.
    Yes the only assets we would be trading away are the Asik deal and maybe Felicio. In 2019 only 3 million guaranteed on Asiks deal
    Yes you obviously go for more for them to save that money, but the Bulls should at least be talking to the Thunder to see what they're willing to give up to save that money.

And bad defense, I hope none of the people who wanted us to let Lavine go are on the Kyrie boat, older, much more expensive, extensive injury history
    Kyrie and LaVine aren't even close. Kyrie is so much more of a complete offensive player than LaVine it shouldn't even be discussed.

If Lavine could be as good on offense as Kyrie I could live with the bad defense, but Lavine isn't the most efficient offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Kyrie and LaVine aren't even close. Kyrie is so much more of a complete offensive player than LaVine it shouldn't even be discussed.
    Kyrie will also cost WAY more, and very well may play less games. If we were talking about paying Zach 35 mill, then the comparison might not work, but how much do you actually expect Kyrie to score this year? And how much Lavine? Not to mention Lavine being far younger and more athletic, not trying to hear that Kyrie is some superior playmaker, there is no evidence of that. We could get a whole other 16 mill player with that. Is Kyrie better than Zach Lavine and say, Kris Middleton or Jabari Parker combined? On a long term contract with his age and injury history? Kyrie avgs about 22-24pt/gm with 5 asst AT PG!! Most of us expect Lavine to avg about 20 this year, 3 assts playing off ball.

You're acting like he's a top 10 scorer in this league, and with the minutes he plays (when he plays) his defense is a huge factor as well. Notice you said offensively complete, most of the knocks on Lavine have been defense, same as Kyrie.

Lavine is not as good offensively as Kyrie, but 16+ a mill more for a guy who has never played more than 75 games, only played more than 70 3yrs out of his 7.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 07-08-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast