Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 358
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,103
    I'd try to package Rozier, #27, lowest of our 2019 1sts and Yabusele for a pick to land Wendell Carter.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'd try to package Rozier, #27, lowest of our 2019 1sts and Yabusele for a pick to land Wendell Carter.
    He looks like a stud, they'd need a buyer in the top ten to get him.

    I don't know about trading Rozier with Irving coming back from that knee injury and infection. They don't expect any problems with it but you never know and Rozier's arrow is still pointing up.

    Do you think they could they hold on to Smart after making that trade?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,103
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    He looks like a stud, they'd need a buyer in the top ten to get him.

    I don't know about trading Rozier with Irving coming back from that knee injury and infection. They don't expect any problems with it but you never know and Rozier's arrow is still pointing up.

    Do you think they could they hold on to Smart after making that trade?
    Iím thinking Rozier to LAC for #12 then #12, #27, Yabu, a pick next year for #9. I think those teams would go for that.

    I think we can live without Rozier. Yeah, itíd suck to not have him if Kyrie has issues but itís not like Rozier is irreplaceable and Iíd rather put our resources into maximizing our chances with Kyrie. Contingency plans are great but you donít want to go crazy tying up assets in them.

    And yes I would bring back Smart (and Larkin) after this.

    Kyrie / Larkin
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward / Morris
    Tatum / Theis
    Horford / Carter


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'd try to package Rozier, #27, lowest of our 2019 1sts and Yabusele for a pick to land Wendell Carter.
    If weíre moving up that far, Iíd prefer to just snag Michael Porter Jr since it seems like some people have him dropping past Carter. Porter is the 2nd best player in the draft for my money and a lot of people are treating him like damaged goods. Weíll see where these NBA GMs evaluate him though...

    That said, I do really like Wendell Carter. I think heís going to be a solid NBA player. I have him ahead of the Jaren Jackson and Bagley for sure and Id actually take him over Luka Doncic as well.

    I think he goes well before #9. I think youíd have to buy into the top 7.

    If I were a GM, my personal draft board right now would go:

    1) Ayton (potential multiple time all-star)
    2) Porter (potential multiple time all-star)
    3) Bamba (still the highest ceiling in class)
    4) Carter (very solid starting C)
    5) Doncic (solid role player)
    6) Jackson (never reaches potential)
    7) Bagley (never reaches potential)
    8) Knox (Tobias Harris-lite)
    9) Young (going to put up big numbers on a bad team but I donít think heíll ever be a championship caliber PG)
    10) Sexton (too ball dominant/selfish, would be a good 6th man off the bench a la Crawford)

    Iím not as high on this draft as most people. Just like most drafts, I think thereís a clear top 2 in Ayton and Porter and then massive upside in Bamba (who I would love to get with Brad coaching him). Wendell is really, really solid and then I think thereís a steep drop off. I donít get the Doncic obsession. Great basketball IQ and great vision but heís super slow and I donít think heís all that good of a shooter. Normally those types of guys arenít stars in the nba unless theyíre Manu Ginobli or 6í10Ē+.

    If Bamba is still there at #6 for some reason and Porter is gone, I ask the Magic if they want Rozier, #27, Yabu, and the Memphis 1st for #6. His offensive game really grew by the end of the season with some decent post moves and some ability to take his man off the dribble. I also think his shot will develop, the mechanics arenít terrible. His defense is otherworldly, the amount of shots he alters is ridiculous.
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 05-21-2018 at 12:56 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    You're impressed but not overly impressed with Azubuike but you say Ayton is the clear #1 overall pick??? Did you happen to watch Arizona get destroyed by Buffalo in the first round of March Madness? Ayton ended up with 14 pts in 38 minutes playing against a team that had exactly one center on the roster who was only a freshman and played one total minute.

    The number of top offers Azubuike received before signing with Kansas tells me he has enough talent to go with his size and power, and would be worth rolling the dice on at 27 IMO...IF...he actually enters the draft:

    CAL, Auburn, Duke, Florida, FL State, Kentucky, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Texas, UConn, Wake Forest.
    DeAndre Ayton - 7'1 250lb athletic FREAK who averaged 20ppg 11reb and 2 blocks and actually showed some range

    Udoka Azubuike - 7'0 280lb tank with strength but not much athleticism. Averaged 13ppg 7 reb with no range and as far as I can tell can only score from about 2ft from the hoop.

    There's a massive difference. If you can't see it, well IDK what to tell you but I'm not alone in ranking Ayton light-years ahead of Udoka.

    Udoka doesn't fit Stevens system. Doesn't bring much value to us. He can't handle the ball, he can't run in transition, he can't shoot or provide floor spacing. He'll get eaten alive in the NBA with more athletic players. Ayton won't. He's a legit athletic freak. He has more skill than just dunking a basketball. He has a much better body frame and more upside.

    I wouldn't touch Udoka at #27.

    City of Champions

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    DeAndre Ayton - 7'1 250lb athletic FREAK who averaged 20ppg 11reb and 2 blocks and actually showed some range

    Udoka Azubuike - 7'0 280lb tank with strength but not much athleticism. Averaged 13ppg 7 reb with no range and as far as I can tell can only score from about 2ft from the hoop.


    I wouldn't touch Udoka at #27.

    Ayton's 14 pts in 38 minutes vs Buffalo, a team with only one center on their roster who played a total of one minute, tells me he wasn't "light years" ahead of Azubuike when his team needed him to be.

    CAN YOU SEE THAT? No?

    Well read this then:

    ESPN: Aytonís brief NCAA Tournament appearance showed red flags


    Ayton played embarrassingly poor defense all night, giving up 23 points to Buffalo JUCO transfer power forward Jeremy Harris, and looking lost in pick-and roll and help defense. Numerous times, Ayton was caught spinning around aimlessly, unaware of where he was relative to the ball, his man or his place in the defensive scheme, showing that same lack of awareness and overall instincts that makes it difficult for many scouts to see him ever emerging as a plus defender at the pro level. The NBA game is about being able to defend in space, and Aytonís well-documented struggles here are something the team that drafts him will simply have to live with.
    He surprisingly elected to pop out on screens rather than roll to the basket and try to overpower a physically inferior opponent. He missed some good looks around the rim that he normally makes, as well as free throws.




    He may turn out to be an offensive stud in the NBA but he wasn't vs Buffalo and he'll be a project on the defensive end.

    That RED FLAG tells me he's not light years ahead of Azubuike who's a project worth taking a shot at with #27, IMO of course...he may not even be in the draft so we'll see.
    Last edited by TKO; 05-21-2018 at 09:15 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post

    Udoka doesn't fit Stevens system. Doesn't bring much value to us. He can't handle the ball, he can't run in transition, he can't shoot or provide floor spacing.

    Is that the same system that made Fultz a "generational" player in your estimation and a lock for the Celts last year?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Is that the same system that made Fultz a "generational" player in your estimation and a lock for the Celts last year?

    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    My top 2 are easily Tatum and Isaac. I keep flipping back and forth. I can see Tatum's defensive limitations, but man do I see a lot of Paul Pierce in him. Nothing flashy, but technically solid. Not athletic, but he can work you, the effort is there. He's not a show stopper defensively, but I think he's solid enough. Like I said, his game reminds me of PP.

    Isaac I think has more risk attached to him, but the upside is immense. I think Danny sees it, but is also a little shy because he's a little bit of a project. I think he can play right away, but as far as making a true impact on a season, he's a couple years away. I see a lot of Rashard Lewis (body/athletically) and Shawn Marion (skills) in him, that's my realistic expectation for him. But he could very well become more like a Paul George.

    I would be extremely happy walking away with either of these 2 in the draft. I think they're both going to be great NBA players. May very well be the top 2 players from this draft in 4-5 years.

    Dennis Smith Jr. has also caught my eye. He's dynamic. Explosive. Plays with fire. I love how he attacks the rim. I think if IT and Marcus Smart had a baby, it would be Dennis Smith Jr. He has all the skills of IT, with a better frame, but he also has that bulldog in him you see in a Marcus Smart. I just love the dynamic he would bring to our guard play. On the high side, this kid could be the next John Wall.

    All 3 are tantalizing prospects with high upsides. I really have fallen in love with each of their games. If only we could draft all 3!
    One of my last posts before last years draft...I'm still high on Fultz. He'll be fine.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 05-21-2018 at 09:44 AM.

    City of Champions

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Ayton's 14 pts in 38 minutes vs Buffalo, a team with only one center on their roster who played a total of one minute, tells me he wasn't "light years" ahead of Azubuike when his team needed him to be.

    CAN YOU SEE THAT? No?

    Well read this then:

    ESPN: Aytonís brief NCAA Tournament appearance showed red flags


    Ayton played embarrassingly poor defense all night, giving up 23 points to Buffalo JUCO transfer power forward Jeremy Harris, and looking lost in pick-and roll and help defense. Numerous times, Ayton was caught spinning around aimlessly, unaware of where he was relative to the ball, his man or his place in the defensive scheme, showing that same lack of awareness and overall instincts that makes it difficult for many scouts to see him ever emerging as a plus defender at the pro level. The NBA game is about being able to defend in space, and Aytonís well-documented struggles here are something the team that drafts him will simply have to live with.
    He surprisingly elected to pop out on screens rather than roll to the basket and try to overpower a physically inferior opponent. He missed some good looks around the rim that he normally makes, as well as free throws.




    He may turn out to be an offensive stud in the NBA but he wasn't vs Buffalo and he'll be a project on the defensive end.

    That RED FLAG tells me he's not light years ahead of Azubuike who's a project worth taking a shot at with #27, IMO of course...he may not even be in the draft so we'll see.
    1 game vs. an entire season...Hmmm

    In his last game at Duke Tatum only posted 15 points in a L to SC in the tournament. Means nothing...

    City of Champions

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,957
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    ESPN: Aytonís brief NCAA Tournament appearance showed red flags

    Let's not forget all the green flags James Young had during the NCAA Tourney...

    IMO, the tournament has little effect on a players season long production... It may help some, but the better players going into the Tourney usually are the better players being drafted...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    My top 2 are easily Tatum and Isaac. I keep flipping back and forth. I can see Tatum's defensive limitations, but man do I see a lot of Paul Pierce in him. Nothing flashy, but technically solid. Not athletic, but he can work you, the effort is there. He's not a show stopper defensively, but I think he's solid enough. Like I said, his game reminds me of PP.

    Isaac I think has more risk attached to him, but the upside is immense. I think Danny sees it, but is also a little shy because he's a little bit of a project. I think he can play right away, but as far as making a true impact on a season, he's a couple years away. I see a lot of Rashard Lewis (body/athletically) and Shawn Marion (skills) in him, that's my realistic expectation for him. But he could very well become more like a Paul George.

    I would be extremely happy walking away with either of these 2 in the draft. I think they're both going to be great NBA players. May very well be the top 2 players from this draft in 4-5 years.

    Dennis Smith Jr. has also caught my eye. He's dynamic. Explosive. Plays with fire. I love how he attacks the rim. I think if IT and Marcus Smart had a baby, it would be Dennis Smith Jr. He has all the skills of IT, with a better frame, but he also has that bulldog in him you see in a Marcus Smart. I just love the dynamic he would bring to our guard play. On the high side, this kid could be the next John Wall.

    All 3 are tantalizing prospects with high upsides. I really have fallen in love with each of their games. If only we could draft all 3!

    Nice post if you're into revisionist history...that post is clearly POST-PHILLY-TRADE. Fultz was your generational player at #1 overall.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    1 game vs. an entire season...Hmmm

    In his last game at Duke Tatum only posted 15 points in a L to SC in the tournament. Means nothing...
    Was Tatum playing against a team of all guards? Ayton stunk against a team without a center and a PF torched him.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Ayton's 14 pts in 38 minutes vs Buffalo, a team with only one center on their roster who played a total of one minute, tells me he wasn't "light years" ahead of Azubuike when his team needed him to be.

    CAN YOU SEE THAT? No?

    Well read this then:

    ESPN: Aytonís brief NCAA Tournament appearance showed red flags


    Ayton played embarrassingly poor defense all night, giving up 23 points to Buffalo JUCO transfer power forward Jeremy Harris, and looking lost in pick-and roll and help defense. Numerous times, Ayton was caught spinning around aimlessly, unaware of where he was relative to the ball, his man or his place in the defensive scheme, showing that same lack of awareness and overall instincts that makes it difficult for many scouts to see him ever emerging as a plus defender at the pro level. The NBA game is about being able to defend in space, and Aytonís well-documented struggles here are something the team that drafts him will simply have to live with.
    He surprisingly elected to pop out on screens rather than roll to the basket and try to overpower a physically inferior opponent. He missed some good looks around the rim that he normally makes, as well as free throws.




    He may turn out to be an offensive stud in the NBA but he wasn't vs Buffalo and he'll be a project on the defensive end.

    That RED FLAG tells me he's not light years ahead of Azubuike who's a project worth taking a shot at with #27, IMO of course...he may not even be in the draft so we'll see.
    So what did you think about Ben Simmons going into the draft? He couldnít even lead his team to the NCAA tournament and posted a complete dud prior to selection Sunday. He went #1 overall and looks to be a pretty good player (arguably the best in his class so far) despite red flags. Same thing likely happens to Ayton.

    Azubuike isnít a good fit for this team. Iíd much prefer Ayton (will never happen), Bamba, Carter, or Jontay Porter. Hell, I would even take Mitchell Robinson over Azubuike since Robinson is way more athletic (fit is still bad there as well).
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 05-21-2018 at 12:29 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    So what did you think about Ben Simmons going into the draft? He couldnít even lead his team to the NCAA tournament and posted a complete dud prior to selection Sunday. He went #1 overall and looks to be a pretty good player (arguably the best in his class so far) despite red flags. Same thing likely happens to Ayton.

    Azubuike isnít a good fit for this team. Iíd much prefer Ayton (will never happen), Bamba, Carter, or Jontay Porter. Hell, I would even take Mitchell Robinson over Azubuike since Robinson is way more athletic (fit is still bad there as well).

    Is a player with rare size and power that can rebound a fit for this current Celtics team? I think so.

    I'm talking #27, not moving up into the top five for Bamba.

    If Azubuike needs more time, and no teams tell him he'll be taken by them in the first round...he's staying at Kansas. That being said...#27 is only four slots away from the 2nd round so stay tuned. It's not far fetched.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    So what did you think about Ben Simmons going into the draft? He couldnít even lead his team to the NCAA tournament and posted a complete dud prior to selection Sunday. He went #1 overall and looks to be a pretty good player (arguably the best in his class so far) despite red flags. Same thing likely happens to Ayton.

    Simmons is a case of apples and oranges, IMO, no pun intended. Ayton has had the same D-red flag since high school and Buffalo's HC took advantage of it:

    The matchup between Harris and Ayton was a microcosm of the entire game. Buffalo knew something the rest of the country didnít. Nate Oats, the head coach, spent the past few days insisting that his team wasnít an underdog. Nor did he act surprised when he had a 40-38 lead at halftime, telling the sideline reporter the Bulls were the better team. Oats told her before the game that ďit wasnít what Ayton could do to us. It was what we could do to him.Ē He created a game plan under the assumption that Ayton would be a defensive liability.

    The Bulls attacked him off the dribble and challenged him at the rim. Buffalo exploited what has been Aytonís biggest issue since high school, the one NBA scouts and executives will have to grapple with over the next three months: The 19-year-old doesnít defend as well as a center with his athletic ability should.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •