Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 346 to 358 of 358
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    ^ Hah. It was said DA and crew locked onto him on draft night 20 minutes before he was drafted. Good bet that they did NOT know about this, and they are just covering up to avoid looking stupid.


    It was said by who...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Minutes like Embiid or Simmons? In what world would this jamoke deserve such minutes?
    Bags, I was not talking about minutes... I was talking about how they kept Simmons and Embiid out for whole seasons...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    ^ Hah. It was said DA and crew locked onto him on draft night 20 minutes before he was drafted. Good bet that they did NOT know about this, and they are just covering up to avoid looking stupid.

    Minutes like Embiid or Simmons? In what world would this jamoke deserve such minutes?

    He's got zero awareness of what he looks like to others. Hopefully Barlow will teach him to speak as Crash Davis advises.
    Even before the draft there were reports the Celtics were one of the few teams that had his medicals.

    City of Champions

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Even before the draft there were reports the Celtics were one of the few teams that had his medicals.
    What about the emotional and psych profiles?

    Bust written all over this guy.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    What about the emotional and psych profiles?

    Bust written all over this guy.
    He's been in the league for 2 weeks. Personally, I can't write off a 19 year old kid after 2 weeks. Obviously not a good start. Obviously he's disappointing many people at this point but it's still wayyyy too early.

    City of Champions

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    He's been in the league for 2 weeks. Personally, I can't write off a 19 year old kid after 2 weeks. Obviously not a good start. Obviously he's disappointing many people at this point but it's still wayyyy too early.
    With just 1 pick in this draft and at #27, I'm thinking DA hit a HR... Stevens definitely had input into this pick, and that makes it more like a hit rather than a miss...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    He's been in the league for 2 weeks. Personally, I can't write off a 19 year old kid after 2 weeks. Obviously not a good start. Obviously he's disappointing many people at this point but it's still wayyyy too early.
    He's not written off, but, certainly is a valid target for darts and disappointment.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    With just 1 pick in this draft and at #27, I'm thinking DA hit a HR... Stevens definitely had input into this pick, and that makes it more like a hit rather than a miss...
    At this point in time I can't see anyone saying this is more hit than miss.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He's not written off, but, certainly is a valid target for darts and disappointment.
    He's definitely open to criticism at this point, that certainly has been earned.

    City of Champions

  10. #355
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    116
    There's something weird going on with the Williams "lost wallet" stuff. He claims he got through airport security without an ID?

    https://deadspin.com/get-robert-will...ain-1827556858

    “It was like almost morning, close to the flight, just getting everything ready, putting everything by the door, and I’m like ‘(Expletive), I ain’t got my ID,’” Williams said. “I’m like, ‘Cool, they’ll let me through.’ I kept telling myself that. And then a couple of my homeboys was like ‘Bro, like, that (expletive) is gonna be tough. They’re not gonna just let you through.’ But I got through.”
    Last edited by jphysics; 07-12-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo: with switched to without

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,134
    Let's face it the kid has two feet in the coffin already. I like this 2nd rounder on the Knicks - Mitchell Robinson.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WOOSTA
    Posts
    4,577
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Let's face it the kid has two feet in the coffin already. I like this 2nd rounder on the Knicks - Mitchell Robinson.
    Yeah he is the Big I liked at 27....but usually if a lotto talent fall you take him.

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,134
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Yeah he is the Big I liked at 27....but usually if a lotto talent fall you take him.
    Unless he looks like a charter member of Washburn/Bedford/Bias draft class.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •