Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 111 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Gotta do due diligence, to see if he's worth trading up for or if they even like him at all.

I don't think Young gets past Orlando but even if he does I definitely don't see him getting past Cleveland. Please go to Orlando, Trae, the 1 spot difference is too much hahahaha.
    I'm thinking this also because of Hammond's draft history. He almost always goes with length and athleticism. He took Thon Maker at 10 when most didn't even have him in the lottery. I think they'd have a tough time passing on Bamba or JJJ because of that. That also makes me think that Orlando could be a spot for Knox if he is truly rising and DX recently mocked Carter to them.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm thinking this also because of Hammond's draft history. He almost always goes with length and athleticism. He took Thon Maker at 10 when most didn't even have him in the lottery. I think they'd have a tough time passing on Bamba or JJJ because of that. That also makes me think that Orlando could be a spot for Knox if he is truly rising and DX recently mocked Carter to them.
    Yeah Young would definitely be outside the mold for him, it just seems like such an obvious fit though. Scoring, shooting and playmaking and a PG are things that team desperately needs and Young checks all of those off with flying colors. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Young has a legitimate chance to be one of the best offensive players of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Yeah Young would definitely be outside the mold for him, it just seems like such an obvious fit though. Scoring, shooting and playmaking and a PG are things that team desperately needs and Young checks all of those off with flying colors. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Young has a legitimate chance to be one of the best offensive players of all time.
    I agree.

How are we feeling about Porter this morning - Dude couldn't get out of bed with a hip injury? Muscle Spasms?
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

my take is he got a guarantee of an early draft and cancelled his workout, and used the back spasm as an excuse.

USA Today reported Wednesday that the Kings are now looking at Porter at No. 2 in the draft, along with Luka Doncic and Marvin Bagley III, assuming the Suns take Deandre Ayton at No. 1. Not longer after that, though, Porterís camp informed teams that he was canceling his showcase workout Friday in Chicago due to back spasms, according to Yahoo Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    my take is he got a guarantee of an early draft and cancelled his workout, and used the back spasm as an excuse.
    delete

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    delete
    Agreed, A guy scheduling a workout to prove his health, doesn't use another injury as an excuse to not prove his health imo. If he just canceled and didn't give a reason then I would suspect a promise made by some team, or he's trying to go to a certain city and scaring others away. Who knows, but at this point, Im not feeling very confident in this draft anymore. It really is starting to look like we'll choose between Trae, Wendell, or Miles. All 3 worry me. although I have more confidence in Miles.

nah, I think he just hurt his hip but I don't think it's related to the surgery he had. I don't see him making it past the Cavs, thus another year in which the Knicks miss out on a star by 1or 2 picks

Teams have been informed that Michael Porter Jr. is feeling better and MRI returned clean, with "positive review" league sources told Yahoo. Workout assessment could be rescheduled on Friday sources said, but decision likely comes later today....Shams Charania

Whos in the mood for crow for lunch???

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Agreed, A guy scheduling a workout to prove his health, doesn't use another injury as an excuse to not prove his health imo. If he just canceled and didn't give a reason then I would suspect a promise made by some team, or he's trying to go to a certain city and scaring others away. Who knows, but at this point, Im not feeling very confident in this draft anymore. It really is starting to look like we'll choose between Trae, Wendell, or Miles. All 3 worry me. although I have more confidence in Miles.

you just cancel when folks all paid for airline tickets, hotel rooms etc to see him.

You need an excuse and he said back spasms which is not related to any injury. everyone gets back spasms, I mean everyone lol............

It's the safest way to say I'm set don't bother me, so if he goes #2 that may change the pecking order a bit but knicks are still in the same place as we were when the lottery happened.

We do not know anything more or less about anything relating to pick other than the same usual suspects.

One does have to wonder who those multiple teams were than were interesting in trading with the Knicks for the Knicks to move up? Could also be all BS as well.

Wait till Monday when the predraft coverage will be aired, wait and see all these experts and all the rumors Monday through the second the Knicks pick.

If nothing else I'm hoping the Knicks can be active and trade, buy a pick from Sixers etc........just don't want the same old pick at #9, wait for #36 and then we wait for summer league.

I don't think he would be rescheduling the workout if that were the case, but you're right about his stock rising again...at least that's what's being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    How are we feeling about Porter this morning - Dude couldn't get out of bed with a hip injury? Muscle Spasms?
    Still too good to pass up. Could be an Embiid/Simmons situation, but no one cares if it works out in the end.

New ESPN mock has:

ORL: Carter
    CHI: Porter
    CLE: Trae
    NYK: Knox

If this happens, I hope the anti-tankers come to realize how truly devastating the late season wins really were.

If Kanter opts in, would anyone consider - Kanter, mudiaye #9 for kemba, MKG and #11

I think Kupchak is gonna realize they aren't gonna get a whole lot for Kemba since most teams have a steady point guard.

Kemba has one year left to open the door to signing or even trading for Kyrie. MGK expires same year as Noah and Lee for a combined $42 million coming off the books in summer 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    New ESPN mock has:

ORL: Carter
    CHI: Porter
    CLE: Trae
    NYK: Knox

If this happens, I hope the anti-tankers come to realize how truly devastating the late season wins really were.
    I was just about to talk about this, with this important caveat,

Our mock draft differs in two crucial ways from our recently updated top 100 prospect rankings. It uses the NBA's official draft order, and it's adjusted for NBA team needs. It also attempts to project which players will end up declaring and keeping their names in the draft.
    To be fair on the tank talk though, we won at a 16-66 pace in the games KP missed. It can't be helped that he dominated early on and led us to more wins than anyone expected. They won games at the end largely running young players out there, with guys like Lee and Kanter being more marginalized, so that also can't be helped.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 06-14-2018 at 01:35 PM.