Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 110 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He was a big one. It happens in every sport. One year wonders and workout warriors are always guys to be worried about. I won't go that far with Knox though because he is pretty young and he was at least decent...he just wasn't as good as you'd expect is all. He was a guy that all of us wanted in the beginning, so there's no shock that he's moving back up now. Go back to the original draft thread and everything was about Bagley, Porter, and Doncic with Knox and Miles being backup plans. I give Biv credit for sticking with that though.

Still a few guys I'd prefer, but I wouldn't be upset and I could get excited about a Knox pick. The only two guys I don't want are Mikal and Sexton and Sexton is the only one I'd be close to upset at. I wouldn't agree with Mikal, but I'd get it and he isn't a bad pick...I just wouldn't be excited.
    I get the appeal of Knox and do think he's the most talented of the three, but yeah definitely some disappointing stuff from him throughout the year. The rubber band seems to be strongly in his favor right now though, but we'll see.

Sexton and Walker are the only ones who would upset me at #9.

This kid is going to get mauled playing PF in the NBA, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    This kid is going to get mauled playing PF in the NBA, isn't he?
    Lol people questioning his toughness weren't lying...but I think he'll be fine. Now that we know for sure he most likely won't be there at 9, I wonder if the Knicks still meeting with him means they are considering trading up.

Also, him jumping back up in the 2-7 range would mean JJJ, Bamba, or Doncic will be available when Orlando picks, which means it's likely they pass on Young.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-14-2018 at 11:38 AM.

You look at what Isiaah Thomas was able to do when he was healthy, and I just don't think Young is as risky as some are making him out to be. People always question size but you can't question his incredible skill level.

He's a MUCH better shooter than IT, MUCH better passer and playmaker, can't be any worse defensively, and is about 3-4 inches taller as well.

IT also goes to show you that you can get away with a poor defender at PG.

Lol people questioning his toughness weren't lying...but I think he'll be fine. Now that we know for sure he most likely won't be there at 9, I wonder if the Knicks still meeting with him means they are considering trading up.

Also, him jumping back up in the 2-7 range would mean JJJ, Bamba, or Doncic will be available when Orlando picks, which means it's likely they pass on Young.
    IMO I disagree. I think Magic take young 99%. If you\they truly believe that he is a carbon copy of Curry + you have a need there, its really a no brainier. On top of which, he will boost their attendance where they ranked 17th. Also, they drafted a big last year and they have a glut of them on the roster. Just not a big need to do that now.

It took Kemba a few years to figure it out and develop a jumper, but he is a terror now too. Young is coming in with an elite jumper, and elite from far beyond NBA range, let alone college range.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    I kinda think it does. Ive always thought Klays success is a product of his teammates and the system.

Id love to see him on another team as the go-to guyI think he would be exposed so quickly as nothing more than a role playing 3 & D guy. That reality probably has something to do with Klay being willing to take such a pay cut to stay on the Ws.

Thats not really what I want for this Knicks team in the draft. What if Mikal turns out to be Courtney Lee or Justin Holiday? The Knicks need more out of the their pick than a complementary piece.
    I would love for the Knicks pick to be anywhere near as good as Klay Thompson. The Knicks have guards who can create shots for others but to have a guy who can knock down shots like Klay and defend like him too would be a huge asset to this young Knicks team. I believe Mikal could be that.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    IMO I disagree. I think Magic take young 99%. If you\they truly believe that he is a carbon copy of Curry + you have a need there, its really a no brainier. On top of which, he will boost their attendance where they ranked 17th. Also, they drafted a big last year and they have a glut of them on the roster. Just not a big need to do that now.
    yea ORL seems like his landing spot, they need a PG and I doubt they take Sexton after going through years of Payton not being able to shoot. If Doncic somehow slipped to them though I think they'd take him.

It wouldn't be surprising if Porter does not have a long NBA career. That's a serious surgery he had on his back and now he's having more injury issues and canceling his pro day. Team are going to pass on him. This is a talented draft and there's no reason to take that big of a risk when there's still really good prospects on the board.

I bet he's the guy that falls in this draft and is available when we pick.

Jonathan Givony

@DraftExpress
    ESPN News Story: Michael Porter Jr. cancels second pro day because of strained hip. His draft stock appears to be rising nevertheless as medical info flows out among teams, but question marks persist.http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...y-strained-hip

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    But they don't have a need. Needs are for more established teams. They were just taken over by a new regime last year and right now all they have is AG and Isaac.

I don't think NBA teams factor in players that aren't apart of their future. It's much like the Knicks. They have a bunch of guards, but a bunch of guards that don't matter and the majority will be free agents after this season.

Assuming they re-sign AG, him, Biyombo, Isaac, and Fournier are the only ones with contracts beyond this upcoming season.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-14-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I get the appeal of Knox and do think he's the most talented of the three, but yeah definitely some disappointing stuff from him throughout the year. The rubber band seems to be strongly in his favor right now though, but we'll see.

Sexton and Walker are the only ones who would upset me at #9.
    Me too I agree

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    It wouldn't be surprising if Porter does not have a long NBA career. That's a serious surgery he had on his back and now he's having more injury issues and canceling his pro day. Team are going to pass on him. This is a talented draft and there's no reason to take that big of a risk when there's still really good prospects on the board.

I bet he's the guy that falls in this draft and is available when we pick.
    The article said NBA teams got the medical report and his back is fine, which is why he's now unlikely to fall past 7 and could be taken as early as 2.

Gotta do due diligence, to see if he's worth trading up for or if they even like him at all.

I don't think Young gets past Orlando but even if he does I definitely don't see him getting past Cleveland. Please go to Orlando, Trae, the 1 spot difference is too much hahahaha.