Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 109 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Question. Who are some players you would trade the 9th pick for? Sorta realistic players lol. My friends and I do dinner once a week and just discuss players and they asked me to make a list. So they said I couldn't include Greek, Westbrook and Davis. haha. Your thoughts?
    Some reporter had tweeted a similar question. He was like if you go by the numbers/statistics that #9 pick has way more value now than it would after you make that pick. This is true. Teams would give up a lot for a lottery pick. But once the pick is made it doesn't have as much value unless you drafted one of the handful of players that were actually good. Think of Frank, that #8 pick was worth way more than he's worth now.

So the question that was asked was would you use that pick to acquire someone or use it to move a bad contract and maybe trade down in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    He probably is if Knox, Porter, and the Boy wonder, Trae, are all gone. But what the hell are we gonna do with another SG? Knox must of put a beat down on Miles in that workout. So much for Knox being a project... All of these dinners and meetings with players will go a long way in changing this organizations image. It's about time.
    Doesn't make much sense...that was a private workout for the Knicks. It wasn't open. He's rising in general, meaning his pro day and individual workouts have been going well as a whole. No reports of the workout with the Knicks or the Knicks liking him.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Doesn't make much sense...that was a private workout for the Knicks. It wasn't open. He's rising in general, meaning his pro day and individual workouts have been going well as a whole. No reports of the workout with the Knicks or the Knicks liking him.
    Him? Who, Knox? Im sure other execs got wind of what happened in that workout due to their past relationships to Knicks new mgt. Reports in March were that they liked Knox and others but Im sure the Knicks walked away with a very good feel for these two guys after they matched them both up. As far as not hearing anything, I don't think we shouldn't hear anything. Thats the smart way to handle this imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Knicks had three hour dinner meeting with Lonnie Walker before his workout. Seems to be a strong candidate for #9.
    I believe they had dinner with everyone (Carter, Young, Mikal, etc.) The only workout that is a complete mystery, with zero reports out there is the Knox/Miles workout. Those guys weren't even made available to the media.

Him? Who, Knox? Reports in March were that they liked Knox and others but Im sure the Knicks walked away with a very good feel for these two guys after they matched them both up. As far as not hearing anything, I don't think we shouldn't hear anything. Thats the smart way to handle this imo.
    I'm not doubting that. I'm saying you're attributing a private workout to why he's rising in general. I don't think it's a Knicks specific thing.

I'm not doubting that. I'm saying you're attributing a private workout to why he's rising in general. I don't think it's a Knicks specific thing.
    Im sure ALL of these workouts, including what happened with the Knicks, have a lot to do with him rising. All of these so called experts had Knox at 15 until they saw all the teams picking 6 thru 10 wanted a workout now all of these scouts immediately change. They dont have a mind of their own and they're all reactionary, that's why I do my own research.

No Porter, and No Knox= Disaster. Get Divincenzo on the phone. We just had to win those couple of games at yrs end, didn't we...FFfkkkkkkkk
    Last edited by Bivory; 06-14-2018 at 10:16 AM.

I believe they had dinner with everyone (Carter, Young, Mikal, etc.) The only workout that is a complete mystery, with zero reports out there is the Knox/Miles workout. Those guys weren't even made available to the media.
    Yes, but the fact that the dinner is being reported as three hours long suggests it was not par for the course.

Im sure ALL of these workouts, including what happened with the Knicks, have a lot to do with him rising. All of these so called experts had Knox at 15 until they saw all the teams picking 6 thru 10 wanted a workout now all of these scouts immediately change. They dont have a mind of their own and they're all reactionary, that's why I do my own research.

No Porter, and No Knox= Disaster. Get Divincenzo on the phone. We just had to win those couple of games at yrs end, didn't we...FFfkkkkkkkk
    That's like saying NBA teams boards aren't fluid. What's the point of workouts and interviews if that's the case?

His ranking before the process was based on his production at Kentucky. He's rising now that people get to work him out. It has nothing to do with thinking for yourself. At the same time, there have been plenty of workout warrior types who fail miserably in the league. 1-0, 1-1, 3-3 is not 5-5. I don't necessarily think that will be the case for him, but rising doesn't equal success.

Listen, if you can trade back and get an asset, and Div, so be it. But when you see the right guy, you have to be ready to move and not get cute. Div contributes all over the court and I think he's the best all-around pg in this draft. Obviously, that would force the Knicks to make a move with a couple of their guards some how some way, but I think this kid is going to be a solid NBA contributor for yrs and a possible All-Star. He has something only a few guys have, take over ability combined with toughness and defense. Not sure of his mental but he looks the part. This is only if you can't get Knox at that 9 spot.
    I really like Div. But he is not a PG.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/donte-divincenzo
    TEAM Villanova
    YEAR Sophomore
    POSITION Shooting Guard
    HEIGHT 6'4.5" (6'6" wingspan)
    WEIGHT 200 lbs

That's like saying NBA teams boards aren't fluid. What's the point of workouts and interviews if that's the case?

His ranking before the process was based on his production at Kentucky. He's rising now that people get to work him out. It has nothing to do with thinking for yourself. At the same time, there have been plenty of workout warrior types who fail miserably in the league. 1-0, 1-1, 3-3 is not 5-5. I don't necessarily think that will be the case for him, but rising doesn't equal success.
    Yeah but Darko really made that chair look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Yes, but the fact that the dinner is being reported as three hours long suggests it was not par for the course.
    There definitely seems to be a difference in priority when you look at how only some have worked out privately, have been available to our lovely NY media, etc.

Some here are all in on Miles and Knox, but it's hard not to see the seemingly different level of interest they have shown in them vs others. Or maybe it's all a smokescreen and those two are secretly their favorite, who knows? lol

Side note: Miles and Knox were also part of a group workout and went at each other for the Clippers yesterday too.

Edit: Here's a response on the matter.

Last edited by FOXHOUND; 06-14-2018 at 11:14 AM.

There is something wrong with 100 scouts ALL saying he's a mid first rounder at best, and then they see him take a few jumps shots without Defense, and NOW they think he's a stud? Come on man. This is all about guys basically repeating what the other guy said until they hear another team exec say, we like Knox. Then they're all back on the band wagon. There's no way that I should say in March, that Knox should be picked 7th in this draft with limited resources, while all of those scouts, say something completely different, only to find out the I might be right. Not bragging but it's a little ridic that these "pro's" all said what I've been saying for 2 months. The only thing that has changed, is they heard a TEAM say they liked Knox, now they all do.

That's dead wrong. Good scouts should be better. Im just bitter cause my Knicks may miss out on another 2 or 3 stud SF's just because we had to beat Chi at the end of the yr. Its F'n painful.
    Last edited by Bivory; 06-14-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Yeah but Darko really made that chair look foolish.
    He was a big one. It happens in every sport. One year wonders and workout warriors are always guys to be worried about. I won't go that far with Knox though because he is pretty young and he was at least decent...he just wasn't as good as you'd expect is all. He was a guy that all of us wanted in the beginning, so there's no shock that he's moving back up now. Go back to the original draft thread and everything was about Bagley, Porter, and Doncic with Knox and Miles being backup plans. I give Biv credit for sticking with that though.

Still a few guys I'd prefer, but I wouldn't be upset and I could get excited about a Knox pick. The only two guys I don't want are Mikal and Sexton and Sexton is the only one I'd be close to upset at. I wouldn't agree with Mikal, but I'd get it and he isn't a bad pick...I just wouldn't be excited.

There is something wrong with 100 scouts ALL saying he's a mid first rounder at best, and then they see him take a few jumps shots without Defense, and NOW they think he's a stud? Come on man. This is all about guys basically repeating what the other guy said until they hear another team exec say, we like Knox. Then they're all back on the band wagon. There's no way that I should say in March, that Knox should be picked 7th in this draft with limited resources, while all of those scouts, say something completely different, only to find out the I might be right. Not bragging but it's a little ridic that these "pro's" all said what I've been saying for 2 months. The only thing that has changed, is they heard a TEAM say they liked Knox, now they all do.

That's dead wrong. Good scouts should be better. Im just bitter cause my Knicks may miss out on another 2 or 3 stud SF's just because we had to beat Chi at the end of the yr. Its F'n painful.
    Yes, but you don't factor in games and scouts do. I think that's where the disconnect is here. Also, not everyone is moving him up. DX/ESPN and The Ringer did. I don't see anywhere else moving him into their top-10, but DX/ESPN is the place that matters most in terms of their reputation.

Last edited by smood999; 06-14-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Michael Porter Jr. cancels second pro day because of strained hip

Former Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr. canceled his second pro day in Chicago on Friday because of a strained hip, sources told ESPN. Porter couldn't get out of bed because of muscle spasms, according to the sources.

NBA lottery teams were told Wednesday afternoon that the workout had been canceled.

Rescheduling appears to be a possibility depending on how he responds to treatment over the next few days, but there's no guarantee that occurs with the draft only a week away. The Ringer first reported that Friday's workout had been called off.

NBA teams had been invited to bring their own trainers and doctors to evaluate the former No. 2 high school recruit prior to the start of the now-canceled workout -- an unusual step to prove he is healthy.

Regardless, Porter's camp appears to feel comfortable with his stock. The Sacramento Kings (No. 2), Memphis Grizzlies (No. 4) and Dallas Mavericks (No. 5) are interested in Porter, and it's now unlikely he falls out of the top seven in the draft, sources tell ESPN.com. The Chicago Bulls hold the seventh pick.

Porter's draft stock appeared to be trending down after the college basketball season, as his refusal to participate in the NBA combine medical examinations and the postponement of his first pro day -- originally scheduled for June 1 and rescheduled to June 8 -- caused some teams picking in the late lottery to believe Porter might still be on the board for their pick. Questions about his ability to be a good teammate at Missouri and pre-draft interviews of Porter conducted by NBA teams attending the combine contributed to the concern.

Porter dropping to the late lottery would be a noteworthy turn of events for a player rated so highly in his high school class. For much of 2017, Porter was projected to be one of the top two picks in the 2018 NBA draft.

A back injury revealed in late November derailed Porter's freshman season, forcing him to have microdiscectomy surgery on his L3 and L4 spinal disks. Porter was cleared to play in March and participated in two games for Missouri, shooting 9-for-29 from the field.

Porter ceased all basketball activity after the season, focusing his efforts on rehab, sources told ESPN, after losing strength in his left leg in particular due to the injury. He was cleared to play just two weeks prior to his June 8 pro day. While he reportedly felt only about 50 percent physically, he had a very impressive showing, according to multiple teams in attendance, shooting the ball exceptionally well. His size, fluidity and shot-making ability off the dribble reminded teams of the player who had been highly touted before the season.

The results of Porter's full medical examination, conducted by the Bulls, were eventually released to all NBA teams. Representatives of multiple teams that reviewed the information with their medical staffs say those results are encouraging.

"There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him right now," one NBA executive told ESPN.com. "But a conservative doctor could still [be concerned about] what might happen down the road."

League sources say that NBA doctors appear optimistic about his long-term prognosis, and teams will weigh his talent against the inherent risks.

"Everyone is worried about missing out on a star," one NBA executive told ESPN. "No one wants to miss out on another Joel Embiid."
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...y-strained-hip