Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

    13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

    12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

    8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

    10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

    7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

    3 5.66%
Page 104 of 209 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3125
  1. #1546
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,726


    Some notes: Unfortunately they are missing two games for each, with Mikal's being pedestrian ones and Miles' being good ones - especially vs Illinois. Can't be helped.

    Let's add Knox and, because I don't know who else to put with him, Young for how fun the range on his shot chart is.



    For a look at how Mikal and Miles shot this year compared to last year (2017-18 on left)





    Loving what The Stepien has on their site, but for the love of Clyde please add a search function for the names or at least place them in alphabetical order hahaha.

  2. #1547
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,726
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I get the appeal of Mikal and I agree with your stance on Miles vs. others who may be available as well. I just don't prefer Mikal mainly because of the state of the team and because of the two long term pieces they already have. KP isn't the greatest passer and may never be and until Frank becomes more aggressive, he's not the guy that will unlock a player like Mikal either. From a team building standpoint, that's an issue to me. On top of that, I think it's possible that he just may not be as good as the guys he's constantly compared to. We will see though. You and I have been at it enough regarding him lol.
    Lol aye we have, and I definitely see your point on it too. We're just outside of a week out! Let the anxiety continue hahaha.
    Last edited by FOXHOUND; 06-13-2018 at 11:52 AM.

  3. #1548
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Ok, so you didnít really read what I wrote. IF your top scout, the one who suggested drafting Porzingis and Willy, watched MPJ workouts and says his skill level and IQ projects to be that of a Scottie Pippen, trading frank and #9 would most definitely be a no brainer
    Nah I read what you wrote. Scouts first off get **** wrong all the time. So you take what they say with a grain of salt. If MPJ didnít have back issues, then sure Frank/#9 is probably a great trade for us.

    BUT he has serious back issues. Weíre living in reality, yes? Iíve literally read if his disc slips into his nerves/touches spinal nerves or whatever he could be done. This is a 19 year old and thereís talk of him being DONE if one thing goes wrong. Does that not worry you?

  4. #1549
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    This is very true, you're right. And the jury is still out regarding Frank. I've already been on record for not being high on Frank. But MJP is someone everyone has seen stateside...Frank and KP aree Euros and thus we as fans aren't as invested or as well informed when it comes to their league. But everyone and their mama knows MJP was all american, rated as #1 prospect, all american game MVP, high IQ, high character player. If his back is 100%, and for all intents and purposes it is, then he would be and should be considered the best player in this draft.

    People scared from his back issue is a legit concern, don't get me wrong but he's cleared and is 100% for the first time since he was a Sophomore in High school. Let that sink in for a sec, he got all his accolades AFTER his initial back injury...
    Isnít most of the ďstatesideĒ stuff weve seen from MPJ high school ball?

  5. #1550
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,684
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Nah I read what you wrote. Scouts first off get **** wrong all the time. So you take what they say with a grain of salt. If MPJ didnít have back issues, then sure Frank/#9 is probably a great trade for us.

    BUT he has serious back issues. Weíre living in reality, yes? Iíve literally read if his disc slips into his nerves/touches spinal nerves or whatever he could be done. This is a 19 year old and thereís talk of him being DONE if one thing goes wrong. Does that not worry you?
    Not when other athletes have had similar procedures done and are fine...they widened the hole the nerve goes thru so it's no longer pinching the nerve. Read what the surgeon said below. If NFL players can play football after surgery then MPJ can play basketball.

    "When people have lombar discarnations it will irritate individual nerves, but not the whole spinal cord and it doesn't usually injure the nerves in a permanent way," Choma said. "It irritates them and the pain can be really, pretty bad."

    Choma said most people are able to get back to all of the activities they were doing before.

    "We have some studies of high-level athletes like NFL players that have shown, more often than not, those players have been able to get back to their professional sport after having a discectomy."

  6. #1551
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,684
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Isnít most of the ďstatesideĒ stuff weve seen from MPJ high school ball?
    yes, just like we did Lebron, D HOward, Amare etc....

  7. #1552
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,789
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Not when other athletes have had similar procedures done and are fine...they widened the hole the nerve goes thru so it's no longer pinching the nerve. Read what the surgeon said below. If NFL players can play football after surgery then MPJ can play basketball.

    "When people have lombar discarnations it will irritate individual nerves, but not the whole spinal cord and it doesn't usually injure the nerves in a permanent way," Choma said. "It irritates them and the pain can be really, pretty bad."

    Choma said most people are able to get back to all of the activities they were doing before.

    "We have some studies of high-level athletes like NFL players that have shown, more often than not, those players have been able to get back to their professional sport after having a discectomy."
    Heard that Vlade Divac had the exact same injury before coming to the NBA as well. I think this is more for basketball reasons than anything else. He couldn't answer questions that others were able to by playing in college. That automatically makes him more of a risk in comparison to the top guys.

  8. #1553
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Dude, that would be legendary status.
    Indeed it would.

  9. #1554
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Not when other athletes have had similar procedures done and are fine...they widened the hole the nerve goes thru so it's no longer pinching the nerve. Read what the surgeon said below. If NFL players can play football after surgery then MPJ can play basketball.

    "When people have lombar discarnations it will irritate individual nerves, but not the whole spinal cord and it doesn't usually injure the nerves in a permanent way," Choma said. "It irritates them and the pain can be really, pretty bad."

    Choma said most people are able to get back to all of the activities they were doing before.

    "We have some studies of high-level athletes like NFL players that have shown, more often than not, those players have been able to get back to their professional sport after having a discectomy."
    Good post, and potentially encouraging. Do not get me wrong, Iíd LOVE to walk away from this draft with Porter. He was my top choice less than a year ago. But injuries just make me nervous in general when youíre committing to these guys. Ideally he falls to us and we donít have to give up anything. Sign Aaron Gordon, Noel at MLE, flip Noah/Mudiay/2nd for Ryno...

    Frank-THJ-Porter-AG-KP
    Burke-Lee-TWill-Ryno-Noel
    Baker-Dotson-Lance-Hicks-Kornet

    Iíd be pumped to go into next season with that personally.

  10. #1555
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Good post, and potentially encouraging. Do not get me wrong, Iíd LOVE to walk away from this draft with Porter. He was my top choice less than a year ago. But injuries just make me nervous in general when youíre committing to these guys. Ideally he falls to us and we donít have to give up anything. Sign Aaron Gordon, Noel at MLE, flip Noah/Mudiay/2nd for Ryno...

    Frank-THJ-Porter-AG-KP
    Burke-Lee-TWill-Ryno-Noel
    Baker-Dotson-Lance-Hicks-Kornet

    Iíd be pumped to go into next season with that personally.
    If you have Porter, Iím not sure you want to put Aaron Gordon next to him. Ideally Porter is the 4 who can play 3 against bigger lineups which are becoming more rare.

  11. #1556
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Good post, and potentially encouraging. Do not get me wrong, Iíd LOVE to walk away from this draft with Porter. He was my top choice less than a year ago. But injuries just make me nervous in general when youíre committing to these guys. Ideally he falls to us and we donít have to give up anything. Sign Aaron Gordon, Noel at MLE, flip Noah/Mudiay/2nd for Ryno...

    Frank-THJ-Porter-AG-KP
    Burke-Lee-TWill-Ryno-Noel
    Baker-Dotson-Lance-Hicks-Kornet

    Iíd be pumped to go into next season with that personally.
    So would I that's a nice long lineup whew KP, AG, and MPJ all 6-9 and above.

  12. #1557
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    Porter is younger and should play the 3, KP must move to the 4, so that AG can play his natural position and KP starts to play his natural position.

  13. #1558
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,684
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Good post, and potentially encouraging. Do not get me wrong, Iíd LOVE to walk away from this draft with Porter. He was my top choice less than a year ago. But injuries just make me nervous in general when youíre committing to these guys. Ideally he falls to us and we donít have to give up anything. Sign Aaron Gordon, Noel at MLE, flip Noah/Mudiay/2nd for Ryno...

    Frank-THJ-Porter-AG-KP
    Burke-Lee-TWill-Ryno-Noel
    Baker-Dotson-Lance-Hicks-Kornet

    Iíd be pumped to go into next season with that personally.
    Absolutely and have Kyrie on deck for 2019....

  14. #1559
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Absolutely and have Kyrie on deck for 2019....
    That would be great. Move THJ to 6th man & bye bye Lee, weíd be in great shape.

  15. #1560
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    If you have Porter, Iím not sure you want to put Aaron Gordon next to him. Ideally Porter is the 4 who can play 3 against bigger lineups which are becoming more rare.
    True - he looks sort of skinny though (I realize heís a kid and could very well fill out). But he seems fluid enough with the ball, sort of a poor manís KD maybe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •