Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 98 of 209 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Let's not act like the Bulls are going to be contending for a playoff spot next year. They will be right there with us as a bottom feeder. The chances of us moving down more than a few spots are slim, and I think you take that calculated risk if it puts you in position to draft a guy who was seen as a potential top pick before the injury.
    Very true...then it would come down to whether or not you think Porter will be better than Barrett, Reddish, or Little. I say yes, but there's a long way to go. Idk...

I heard teams arenít in love with Porter Jr, they feel he might be another Michael Beasley

Facts. With his personality. and usually i aint one to judge - but i'd be leary about him and Trae, with that offensive potential too - to be real slack on their defense once they get into the league.

Think about this. I remember MPJ said before the season, that he wouldn't be one and done. Then had an INJURY filled yeah, and is STILL one and done. Plus, his personality. Plus, he not traveling...I think he's a hype baby. Maybe it will be justified but mmmmmmmmmmmmm....nah, I'll pass. Again, that's just me though.

When the Magic traded up for Elfrid Payton (12 to 10), they gave up a 1st rounder three years down the line and a 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Facts. With his personality. and usually i aint one to judge - but i'd be leary about him and Trae, with that offensive potential too - to be real slack on their defense once they get into the league.

Think about this. I remember MPJ said before the season, that he wouldn't be one and done. Then had an INJURY filled yeah, and is STILL one and done. Plus, his personality. Plus, he not traveling...I think he's a hype baby. Maybe it will be justified but mmmmmmmmmmmmm....nah, I'll pass. Again, that's just me though.
    He never said that. He just said it wasn't 100% certain. People took that and ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He never said that. He just said it wasn't 100% certain. People took that and ran with it.
    You're probably right. I thought i remember him saying something along those lines. But point still stands. I'd be leary of him and Trae.

Risk picks in any other city could work. But right now, i don't think Knicks can have potential busts or 1D players, when we are trying to attract FA in 19 and 20. You got make sure you get a good solid piece that has some potential. This is why Carter and Mikal are the two most slotted.

Dallas or Orlando seems like would be our best trading partners if the Knicks wanted to trade up for Porter.

Knicks get #5 and #54
    Mavs get #9, #36, and Burke or Mudiay, but they may want Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    You're probably right. I thought i remember him saying something along those lines. But point still stands. I'd be leary of him and Trae.

Risk picks in any other city could work. But right now, i don't think Knicks can have potential busts or 1D players, when we are trying to attract FA in 19 and 20. You got make sure you get a good solid piece that has some potential. This is why Carter and Mikal are the two most slotted.
    Mikal and Carter are also slotted there because Porter and Young are most likely going before.

They need to get their house in order before they worry about 2019 and 2020 free agency. Anything less than an absolute stud next to KP and they aren't significantly more attractive to free agents anyway. Good and solid players don't usually cut it. Can't look past the draft and focus on two years down the line when nothing is still guaranteed.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-12-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Let's not act like the Bulls are going to be contending for a playoff spot next year. They will be right there with us as a bottom feeder. The chances of us moving down more than a few spots are slim, and I think you take that calculated risk if it puts you in position to draft a guy who was seen as a potential top pick before the injury.
    I donít think anyone is suggesting the Bulls are going to be good.

But, imagine we end up in the same spots we are this year. And with the new lottery odds, we actually end up winning the lottery and the Bulls move back one pick.

So instead of having #9 this year and #1-4 next year, we get #7 this year (Porter) and #8 next year.

Iím not risking it. And thatís assuming weíll even be as good as we were this year, which i donít think we will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I donít think anyone is suggesting the Bulls are going to be good.

But, imagine we end up in the same spots we are this year. And with the new lottery odds, we actually end up winning the lottery and the Bulls move back one pick.

So instead of having #9 this year and #1-4 next year, we get #7 this year (Porter) and #8 next year.

Iím not risking it. And thatís assuming weíll even be as good as we were this year, which i donít think we will be.
    But that's the thing...it's basically a bet on Porter being better than Barrett, Reddish, or Little (top-3 as of now). I wouldn't want to trade 2019 either, but looking at it that way I can see why some would at least consider a swap. They are basically saying that Porter is equivalent to a top-3 pick in almost any year and are just moving that pick forward instead of relying on the lottery and the Knicks non-tanking ways to get one.

Before the injury, would it have been crazy to say Porter is probably the best prospect out of last year, this year, and next year?
    Last edited by smood999; 06-12-2018 at 05:05 PM.

But that's the thing...it's basically a bet on Porter being better than Barrett, Reddish, or Little (top-3 as of now). I wouldn't want to trade 2019 either, but looking at it that way I can see why some would at least consider a swap. They are basically saying that Porter is equivalent to a top-3 pick in almost any year and are just moving that pick forward instead of relying on the lottery.

Before the injury, would it have been crazy to say Porter is probably the best prospect out of last year, this year, and next year?
    First, I think youíre wrongly making an assumption about who will be at the top of the 2019 draft and what their skillset will be. Iím not going to blindly agree that Porter would be a top 3 pick next year for that reason.

Second, making a trade like this puts us out on a limb. Other teams are not taking the risk on Porter, but for some reason we believe in him so much we are willing to risk next yearsí pick?

First, I think youíre wrongly making an assumption about who will be at the top of the 2019 draft and what their skillset will be. Iím not going to blindly agree that Porter would be a top 3 pick next year for that reason.

Second, making a trade like this puts us out on a limb. Other teams are not taking the risk on Porter, but for some reason we believe in him so much we are willing to risk next yearsí pick?
    Again, I agree with you. I was just showing the other side to it.

I'm not saying he's definitely going to be better than those guys. It's more about there being a decent chance that it works out that way. It's a gamble, but not necessarily a bad one.

With that said, 2020 and beyond work for me. Like you are pointing out, 2019 is a very important pick.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-12-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Again, I agree with you. I was just showing the other side to it.

I'm not saying he's definitely going to be better than those guys. It's more about there being a decent chance that it works out that way. It's a gamble, but not necessarily a bad one.

With that said, 2020 and beyond work for me. Like you are pointing out, 2019 is a very important pick.
    Fair enough. 2019 is so critical with KP being out.

You could make the argument that 2020 is really important too because if we are capped out it might be the only way we can improve other than MLE. But weíd also be picking much later (hopefully).

Assuming that the standings from this year are similar to next year, you realize the probability of us jumping in the lottery while the Bulls don't is not that high. The probability is significantly higher that no swap occurs or if it did occur, the difference between where we pick before and after the swap is inconsequential.

Assuming that the standings from this year are similar to next year, you realize the probability of us jumping in the lottery while the Bulls don't is not that high. The probability is significantly higher that no swap occurs or if it did occur, the difference between where we pick before and after the swap is inconsequential.
    Every pick in the top 10 is consequential, as we are seeing right now w/ us probably missing out on Trae or Porter by one pick.

Next year, the 7th slot has a 32% chance of moving into the top 5 and the 9th slot has a 20% chance of moving into the top 5. Itís really not inconceivable to think that the 9th slot could move up and the 7th slot can move back.

Better yet, imagine the scenario where we both move up. We end up 1 and the Bulls get 3 or 4. How consequential would that swap be?

Id be pissed if we draft carter with kp coming bak from the injury he might not be as mobile and carter is a 5 who also isnt mobile we would have the slowest frontline in the nba smh