Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 94 of 209 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3125
    I wishing for Porter or Carter with #9

I'm hoping for a trade with Denver for their #14 to get either Knox or Lonnie Walker.

If Carter and Porter are off the board, trade down with Clippers for #12 and #13 to get Knox, Lonnie Walker, or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander or Zhaire Smith. In this caase scenario I would consider giving up Frank or a future lottery 1st rd pick. Getting Picks 12,13,and 14 would be sick.

I feel like free agency should come before the draft that way you know how to draft better especially if you who you signed and what positions you need to fill better.

Like the Knicks could make certain moves in the draft if they know what Kanter, O"Quinn are doing. They could also see who would be interested in Lee, THJ, and Noah.

I feel like this is a good draft class coming into the league this year that I would be down for a full reboot/rebuild for extra picks in this draft. I'd be willing to give up in trades THJ, Lee, Thomas, Mudiay, Burke, Baker. If the Knicks could attach these players for deals that might net us 2 or 3 1strd round picks or upper 2nd rd picks they should do it.

Let this draft be the 1st draft the new management builds through for the 1st time and begin a whole new culture. Yes we would loose a whole lot of games this year by default. Which would give us another few picks in 2019. Look what Boston did when they got rid of all their stars for future picks and look at them now. They did it the right way. Philly did it to but they tanked for years to get to this point and they just got lucky doing it that way.

Keep KP, Frank, Williams, Dotson and everyone else can go. Give those 2 way contracts to other guys not the 2 from this season they sucked bad. This draft has some guys that may not get drafted and we can sign them to 2 yr contracts and try and develop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Listen C, you're a little late to the game so you've missed alot these explanations.Not only do the Knicks have 5 PG's on the rooster but Trae is projected to be a one sided player that will struggle on D many nights. Knicks have played that game for a decade. Im not willing to risk the next decade by making that mistake again. Trae was the better college player but his pro projections are all over the map. Trae would be yet another 6ft pg on the Knicks when we have literally ZERO wings on the team. Not a good way to build a team. One second, you guys talk of how good Frank is going to be at PG and in the next sentence, many of you suggest going out and getting another pg. Which is it?
    Just because I'm not incessantly posting doesn't mean I'm not always reading posts on this board— and more often than not baffled by your baiting posts in particular.

You've already been called out on your exaggerations in this post in particular, but I'll hash it out again real quick: Trae Young is taller than 6'0" and the Knicks only have 4 PGs currently on their roster. Two of whom likely have no future with this team (Baker, Mudiay).

I think rican mentioned it, and I'll second it that Trae's range is out of control. Watch some highlights on him at OU and you'll see he's routinely shooting from 25-30 feet out. Not only that but his shot is so pure that it hardly every touches rim. That's a skill that will translate to the NBA immediately.

I also think Frank can still succeed as a ball handling guard, but I like his versatility a lot as well, and I think he can easily mesh with another dynamic guard.

Quote Originally Posted by knickshottic View Post
    Trey will not be there at 9. Again Knicks screw tanking.

Bulls shut Dunn down and played to lose the last month and half or so.

It's the same tune with Knicks over and over.

Let me guess next year KP will be back and win meaningless games to have us pick 9th again

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    If they pick 7 or lower again next year and it wasn't because the 9th pick this year was a stud, Hardaway became an All-Star, Frank became a stud, or any combination of the three, the Knicks will have screwed up big time.

Trae may be a damn good player but his risks are too high. You say the Knicks guards aren't NBA ready and that may be true but what makes you think Trae, especially at his size, is ready? Why not give last yrs lottery pick a chance to show us if he got any better at the position instead of looking to replace him the following yr. Ha...so good to finally use that 19yr old line to my advantage..lol I digress. anyway, Trae might be good and he looks like a great shooter but ignoring where the Knicks are and who they have on the roster, is a huge mistake.

How can you find playing time for these guys if you were to draft Trae... Honestly, I could see a lot of distractions and disgruntle players if you have Trae and Frank on the court more than guys who are better than them. You know the Knicks are going to find a real sf and not play TH or Lee at SF nearly as much as last yr so how do you find time and keep guys happy? You don't, not if Trae is an added player that needs time. If you draft Trae, you immediately push Frank to the bench or you are making him compete against Lee, THjr, and Dot for playing time. You have to see the issues with that. In this situation, Frank would have to be traded cause he would really make no sense on this team at that point.

Trae
    Dot
    Frank
    Burke
    THjr
    Lee

If teams believed Trae was the next Curry, there is no way he would be there at 9.
    This first bolded is really rich. You're kinda killing your ability to argue anything the way you go back on your own words when it's convenient. I'd love to see how you defend your take on why Frank is garbage in the other thread now that you've said this haha.

The second bolded is how I began this conversation yesterday. I don't believe Trae will be there at 9 because of his talent, but if for some reason he is then the Knicks would be foolish not to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    This first bolded is really rich. You're kinda killing your ability to argue anything the way you go back on your own words when it's convenient. I'd love to see how you defend your take on why Frank is garbage in the other thread now that you've said this haha.

The second bolded is how I began this conversation yesterday. I don't believe Trae will be there at 9 because of his talent, but if for some reason he is then the Knicks would be foolish not to draft him.
    Please find where I said Frank was garbage. Or did I say it would be nice to use Franks current value to get a potential starter and a guy we know will be able to insert into the starting line-up. If you're going to pipe up, at least be accurate. Or is that asking too much. You're such a hypocrite. You argue till you're blue in the face how much Frank needs to be given a chance, and then you advocate for drafting a guy that will OBVIOUSLY take time away from him.
    Last edited by Bivory; 06-12-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Bottom line is Knicks need at least 1 more pick in the top 20 and another in the mid 2nr rd to be a successful draft.

Please find where I said Frank was garbage. Or did I say it would be nice to use Franks current value to get a potential starter and a guy we know will be able to insert into the starting line-up. If you're going to pipe up, at least be accurate. Or is that asking too much. You're such a hypocrite. You argue till you're blue in the face how much Frank needs to be given a chance, and then you advocate for drafting a guy that will OBVIOUSLY take time away from him.
    how do YOU KNOW any rookie can be slotted into the starting lineup? the odds of finding a starter even at #9 are not that high, yet you say you can trade Frank for a 2nd rounder or late first and slot that guy into the starting lineup? that makes no sense... Frank is a much safer bet to insert into the starting lineup.

and Trae wouldnt take minutes from Frank, Frank is versatile and can easily play some backup PG and another 15-20mpg at SG and Point forward.

if we drafted Trae i'd envision THJR off the bench as 6th man and Frank starting at SG

Says the guy who just said the Knicks have 5 pgs on the roster and Trae is 6'0". And then goes on to say that we should see what Frank can do at the point after blasting him for not being a difference maker at that position. You're more of a troll than I thought.

I'm not going to thumb through pages of posts to find your shIIting on Frank, but you made it perfectly clear that you think he was a wasted pick and that Trey is better suited to run the team going forward.

“Knowing” who will be a starter through their career (or who you can insert right in/plug & play) is a bit of a crapshoot though no? I mean basically everyone would have predicted Jahlil Okafor would at least be a starter pre-draft... no one thought Draymond Green would be a career starter pre-draft... the prediction business is hard (which is part of what makes discussing this stuff fun.)

I think the big gripe we have is that you are basically saying that Frank is not a starting caliber player. Most of us want to wait and develop Frank and have this discussing after this coming season or even after year 3. Dude is too young for you to concretely evaluate him, just as its the same with ANY 18 or 19 year old.

Its hard to judge
    1. If they just had a good year (contract year) so they could get paid and they're really bums
    2. How their personality's match up with consistent effort (at 18-19) because many kids that age don't really know themselves yet (character\personality development). Are they high and mighty (MPJ) or are they even keeled (Frank).
    3. If they had a mediocre\bad year in 1 year of college - was it a bad fit, are the're talents more suited for NBA.
    4. Did they have health issues in the 1 year of college (MPJ) - How do you evaluate that?
    5. Are they more concerned about doing well for self or others?

It's not all cut and dry when you're talking about 18-19 year olds. This is why I HATE the 1 and done rule.

I'd love to somehow get Wendell and Knox. Maybe we could pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If they pick 7 or lower again next year and it wasn't because the 9th pick this year was a stud, Hardaway became an All-Star, Frank became a stud, or any combination of the three, the Knicks will have screwed up big time.
    Best hope

is Frank studs out

Draft Knox and give him playing time and he shows flashes

KP returns to form late February

We get top 5 pick

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk