Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 90 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    I'm starting to come around on the idea of drafting Trae. I've been adamantly against it up until now, but thinking about his shooting ability and usage numbers in college makes me think he could really make an impact in the NBA.

What do y'all think about a Trae/Frank back court? Their shooting would be incredible, and perhaps Frank's D awareness could make up for Trae's deficiencies.

Also, I'm souring on Michael Porter a bit. His back really scares me.
    If MIchael POrter is available you draft him and don't look back. Even if he doesn't pan out Knicks cannot be faulted if his back is cleared, he does well in workouts...His IQ is there and has all around game. He says he feels better than he did in high school when he was regarded as a future #1 pick playing with a bad back. Could immediately have Ben Simmons like results....I've always been high on Trae but Porter he is not.

I do wonder if Philly would consider trading Fultz though and what it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Miles was my first/gut instinct going into this draft (at 9). Honestly I think Iím still going with that. Personally I would likely take Trae at 9 if he was there, pair him in the backcourt with Frank, and maybe flip Hardaway/Lee for Wiggins so we have an actual (overpaid) SF. I donít think Trae gets past Orlando though. Iíd honestly be shocked if he did.
    This really makes sense for the Twolves in all honesty. I read the other day that they're likely losing Crawford who wants to be a true 6th man again, so you replace him with Lee, move Butler to the SF and put Hardaway at the 2.

Teague
    Hardaway
    Butler
    Gibson
    KAT

I don't love Wiggins but he's still a better option going forward for us considering the trade would thin out the glut of guards we have.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    If MIchael POrter is available you draft him and don't look back. Even if he doesn't pan out Knicks cannot be faulted if his back is cleared, he does well in workouts...His IQ is there and has all around game. He says he feels better than he did in high school when he was regarded as a future #1 pick playing with a bad back. Could immediately have Ben Simmons like results....I've always been high on Trae but Porter he is not.

I do wonder if Philly would consider trading Fultz though and what it would take.
    If Trae and Porter are still available at 9 (which I doubt happens), then that's a tough choice. It really all depends on how Porter's back is healing and what his physical says. I think I would prefer Porter between those two, as well, but there's 0% chance the Knicks find themselves in that position.

I would be down to trade both Lee and T HJ for SF Wiggins. He fills a position of need, even though his contract is weird and expensive. It's better for the Knicks to have one bad contract than 2 of them. We can move Mikal or Lonnie Walker to the SG position. We would still need a reliable PG. Maybe a trade with the Hornets for K emba Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm higher on Young than Porter, tbh.

Sure, I think every fan of every team wants a player who can do it all, but guess what ... there aren't very many players who CAN do it all. And especially not within one draft.

I think the one certainty about Trae on the NBA level is that he'll be able to get buckets. So looking at it that way, it's hard to say that he'll be a complete bust. Yes, his D is a major concern, but your KP analogy is off base because there are other backcourt duos where one guy is more defensive oriented than the other and yet they are still able to be successful.

Plus, you're intimating KP is a minus in all aspects of D when we know that simply isn't true. He needs to be in the paint protecting the rim, not chasing shooters out to the 3 point line as a 7'3" big man. Yes, in today's switch happy NBA he will find himself outside the paint from time to time, but hopefully not as much as we saw from him last year. That's why he needs to play alongside a more mobile big man who can take on those responsibilities, while also not being a sieve in the paint.

I think the Curry comparison is a very fair one. More so on the defensive end than offensive. But even if he's half of what Curry is on offensive I think that's still pretty damn good.

The one take I heard about Trae's defense at Okla that resonated is that he wasn't asked to guard the ball handler or concentrate on steals because he was THE ONLY option on offense and couldn't risk getting too many fouls. But apparently on the high school level he was a good pick pocketer.

If you analyze Curry's defense, he, too, isn't a good on ball defender but is pretty capable at getting steals. We all know that good defense takes more than one aspect into account, so if Trae can get steals than at least he's better than say a Calderon on D. Yes, I realize that's not a glowing recommendation, but I think that skill set paired with Frank's defense could make for an above average back court.
    +1 to both.

Young was also a good thief in college too though, grabbing 1.7 steals a game. He has a ton of similarities to Curry on both ends of the court and physically, both good and bad. It's just weird to make comparisons to Curry so soon because he's been otherworldly. By the same token, isn't being the first player in NCAA Division I history to lead the nation in points and assists, and as a true freshman no less, otherworldly?

I think for some people Young seems too good to be true. I say believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    People get so into trying to immulate the warriors n Houston. Going overboard about small-ball and jacking threes. What makes the warriors so good is their players compete on both ends, they run their system & are unselfish offensively, and most importantly...THEY ARE HELLA EFFICIENT. As a team they actually shoot more midrange than 3's. Finding EFFICIENT players who compete in defense is what I want us to shoot for.
    And this is exactly why I like Mikal so much.

This may be true, but aren't they still shooting more 3's than any other team in the league / any other teams in history?

I agree that no player should be locked into taking only 3's, but there's no denying that the 3 ball is an integral part to succeeding in today's league.
    Believe it or not, the Warriors were just t-16th in 3PA this season at 28.9 per game. Houston is the team you're thinking of... they chucked 42.3 a game.

Slugger is 100% right, they focus on efficiency more than anything. They also lead the NBA in post touches per game (the "dead" post thing).

Don't hear many people talking about Youngs PASSING ability. Led the nation in scoring & and assist. His play making out of pick and roll sets and & hitting the roll man were absolutely ridiculous. His passing is better than Curry coming out and could be like Steve Nash's on the next level. Young seems like the kind of player that will def get the ball to KP in his spots and get the other players involved.

FYI... the best PG's in the league don't play defense with the exception on CP3. Dose'nt mean they are not effective but its in team defense not individual.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    I'm higher on Young than Porter, tbh.
    I don't agree with that, but I don't think you're crazy for thinking that at all. That's how good Young is IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    DiVincenzo probably won't be there at 36 so no point...

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    Believe it or not, the Warriors were just t-16th in 3PA this season at 28.9 per game. Houston is the team you're thinking of... they chucked 42.3 a game.

Slugger is 100% right, they focus on efficiency more than anything. They also lead the NBA in post touches per game (the "dead" post thing).
    Thanks for the numbers ... I certainly was thinking of HOU in regards to 3's taken. I was prob thinking of Curry, who I believe shattered the number of 3's taken in a season.

For better or worse, I've always disregarded the argument that the mid range shot is the worst shot in the game. I always believed that you should take the open shot if it's there to be taken.

Still, it can't be denied that being an efficient 3 point shooting team opens up the paint for other shots.

Yes, I would definitely bet my career on Knox instead of Trae if I'm running the Knicks and Im picking 9th. Not only do I already have a handful of pg's, I would be choosing a guy that just dropped a bunch of spots in a draft where he outscored everyone and it would be because of the risks his pick represents. I don't think the Knicks can afford that risk which is why I would go with Knox.

The sixers are high on mikal bridges. If trae or porter jr don't fall i would definitely explore a trade. For ex:
    9 + future 2nd for 10 & 26
    or
    9 + mudiay + future 2nd for fultz & 26