Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks take if available?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mikal Bridges

13 24.53%
  • Miles Bridges

12 22.64%
  • Collin Sexton/Trae Young

8 15.09%
  • Kevin Knox

10 18.87%
  • Wendell Carter

7 13.21%
  • Zhaire Smith

3 5.66%
Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    With the naked eye and not a ton of evaluation, I can't see how a guy like Carter will guard a guy like Robert Williams. Although Carter looks skilled on the offensive end, defensively, he may have issues vs these stronger NBA players.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    For what it's worth, the local Chicago media seems to think it's between Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter. Also, apparently Paxson has a Phil Jackson love for older proven players.
    yes this makes sense if Lebron is there.

I guy who can shoot the 3 and be a lock down defender and play in a defined system.

I would say of any destination for Mikal, Cleveland is a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think the perception of the Knicks have changed since Jackson was fired. Mills and Perry also seem well connected and Fizdale seems to have players on his side as well.
    I dont think so... we still have the same owner... lol

If Dallas' interest in Frank was legitimate last year and not a smokescreen, I wonder if they would entertain Frank + #9 for the #5.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    If Dallas' interest in Frank was legitimate last year and not a smokescreen, I wonder if they would entertain Frank + #9 for the #5.
    There was a NY Times report earlier this year that it was a smokescreen to get DSJ to fall to them.

Even before LeBron James publicly chided the Knicks this fall for not drafting Smith at No. 8, Ntilikina and Smith were unavoidably linked. It all started back in May, when the Mavericks made a public show of their interest in Ntilikina, a French teenager, and were thus widely expected to select him at No. 9.

The team did little to mask the troop of scouts it sent in to see Ntilikina play for his French club (SIG Strasbourg) in May. The delegation featured Donnie Nelson, the president of basketball operations, and his top aide, Tony Ronzone. Cuban then traveled to Italy to have breakfast with Ntilikina in June at a pre-draft camp in Treviso and posed with the lanky guard for a photograph that quickly circulated.

When it subsequently emerged that the Mavericks had arranged for Vincent Collet, Ntilikina’s club coach at Strasbourg and the coach of the France national team, to become the head coach of their summer-league squad in Las Vegas in July, Dallas appeared to be going to extremes to welcome Ntilikina to North Texas.

Yet it was all something of a ruse. That whole time Dallas was growing infatuated with Smith, a 6-foot-3 North Carolina State freshman, despite well-publicized concerns about a knee injury he had suffered in high school and whispers of selfishness and moodiness when the Wolfpack struggled. With Nowitzki, the future Hall of Fame big man, heading into his 20th season and the Mavericks openly desperate for new players to build around, Smith became the preference because of a perceived higher ceiling.

So when Jackson, in the last major move of his rocky three-year tenure as the Knicks’ president, leaned on his long-held fondness for big guards and took Ntilikina with the eighth pick, Cuban and his staff celebrated in the Dallas draft room at a pitch unrivaled since the Mavericks’ championship season of 2010-11.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/s...avericks-.html

If Porter is on the board at 7,8,9,. I'm hopping likes the idea of playing in a Knicks uniform and he withholds all medical records, doessn't go to the draft combines and chooses not to work out for anyone esle but the Kncks. In my dream world he wants to play here and build his brand.

Things to hope for:

Bulls go with Carter, Sexton, or Miles, Bulls need a shot bloker and a Point Guard badly. They have enough scoring so therefor Carter or Bamba can go here as rebounders and shot blockeres.

Cavs go with Mikal, Bamba, Young, If Lebron bolts, they may go with Young or Porter, but if he stays they need better shooting and that comes down to Mikal Bridges who also plays defense. The caviott here is if Lebron is there he is gonna lobby for Trea Young who Lebrons knows personallly and who plays in Lebron's youth basketball camps. Porter with health issues a Championship teams doesn't need that player right now. They need someone who can step right in.

Knicks go with Porter, Miles, Young, Porter lands here because of his health scare and they fact that the Knicks are rebuilding and can wait for him to get healthy and be that complete player he will eventually be. Then you have Miles who is only 19 with hops and game that fits the New York media. Perry has Michigan ties. He can be our next Draymond Green. If we get him Magig Johnson and all the Spartans Alumni will at our games and they have a strong fan base everywhere.

Cleveland doesn't let Porter pass IMO. The whole world knows LeBron is leaving.

If Chicago takes Porter I think Cleveland takes Young.

If Chicago takes Bridges or Carter I think Cleveland takes Porter.

Cleveland is gonna swing for the fences, not take Mikal with this pick IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Cleveland doesn't let Porter pass IMO. The whole world knows LeBron is leaving.

If Chicago takes Porter I think Cleveland takes Young.

If Chicago takes Bridges or Carter I think Cleveland takes Porter.

Cleveland is gonna swing for the fences, not take Mikal with this pick IMO.

You never know what Lebron is going to do, but he could leave then I think they go the Trae route and have a repeat of Kyrie.
    If Lebron stays then Mikal makes sense.

Listening to Perry I think he blows smoke screens and tipping we need a wing they may just be going for Sexton, who is probably the best all around guard in the draft.

I'd be really happy getting him but would love to trade down for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    You never know what Lebron is going to do, but he could leave then I think they go the Trae route and have a repeat of Kyrie.
    If Lebron stays then Mikal makes sense.

Listening to Perry I think he blows smoke screens and tipping we need a wing they may just be going for Sexton, who is probably the best all around guard in the draft.

I'd be really happy getting him but would love to trade down for that to happen.
    LeBron is actually very predictable in what he is going to do. He leaves when his team starts to decline. It's the surest bet in sports that LeBron is leaving this offseason.

Cleveland also would look like fools if they draft someone to play with LeBron, just to have him leave again. Miami looked dumb drafting Shabazz Napier because LeBron loved him, and that was with a late pick. IMO, Gilbert gets in front of LeBron this time by drafting Porter who would be hyped as his replacement before he leaves them high and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    LeBron is actually very predictable in what he is going to do. He leaves when his team starts to decline. It's the surest bet in sports that LeBron is leaving this offseason.

Cleveland also would look like fools if they draft someone to play with LeBron, just to have him leave again. Miami looked dumb drafting Shabazz Napier because LeBron loved him, and that was with a late pick. IMO, Gilbert gets in front of LeBron this time by drafting Porter who would be hyped as his replacement before he leaves them high and dry.
    I'm not sure you need to build and you have some nice talent there they received in trades last year but really don't have that true PG since they trade IT and traded Kyrie.

Trae for that team with Love and company is very intriguing, Trae will if nothing else get points and get guys wide open looks which Love, Korver, Hood, etc all would love.

Now's the time to trade KP and Here's why:

1. Injury history and bad work ethic
    2. His camp has been lobbying for an extention this year
    3. Unbalanced roster with him insisting to play the 4 inspite being injury prone due to having to guard much smaller players.
    4. He's gonna probably not play this year anyhow

Here's where the Spurs and Kwahi Leonrad's comes in at:
    1. Injury history and great work ethics and an established All-Star with a Championship pedigree
    2. His camp is lobbying for a bigger stage/market, not looking to give Spurs the hometown discount like other Spurs have in the past. He's under contract until 2020 which is good for the Knicks!
    3. He plays a postion of need for the Knicks and is a world class 3D player one who would gives the Knicks an idenity, he's not soft at all the best defender behind King James.
    4. He'll healty and will be ready to go come opening season for the Knicks.

Trade:

Knicks get: SF Leonard, PG Murray, 2nd rd pick...other pieces
    Spurs get: PF KP, SG Lee, and maybe Frank or a 2019 unprotected 1st rd pick...other pieces

I think I've laid it out for all the right reason to trade for arguably one of the best 2 way players to ever have played the game. He is a quite assasin but the opposing teams will feel the heat and get the business every night. Their star player including Lebron will not sleep well the night before his game against Kwahi. During his post game warm ups he will be thinking strategically of how can he challenge Kwai and if he can win that hard faught battle. He's what the new brass said they want a hard nosed player built Ford Tuff not a soft Unicorn.

Trading for Kwai helps us in so many ways and angles and here are a few. He's a pereineal all star with the Spurs and coach Pop ways instilled in him. He becomes that solid team roll model with great work ethics to build your young team around. He's an elite athlete on both ends of the floor. He plays a a position of need at the SF spot. He uneuivocally becomes the face of the franchise one who multiple players around the league will want to come and join him because he is the corner stone every star wants to have on his team. This includes the 2019 free agents that will available to the Knick who will then have a ton of cap space to spread around just in time.

If the Knicks make this trde they also will free up more cap space especially if they can include Lee. If Kanter and O'Quinn opt out as expected then the Knicks can siqn a player like Randle, AG or maybe even Clint Cappella.

If they could somehome come away with Porter that would be an amazing turn of events.

Dream land lineup:

PG Murray/Mudiay/Burke
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Porter
    C Capella

Or

PG Murray
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Gordon or Randle
    C Austin Wiley 2nd rd draft pick out of Auburn Tigers
    Last edited by trueknickfan; 05-16-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: nunya

Trae vs Sexton:

We know Trae is probably the most intriguing offensive player in the draft but if you watched Sexton play he is not far behind.

for me however is Sexton is going to be a very good defensive player to the extent like a Frank, he has all the tools and more importantly takes pride on that side of the court.

I also feel Sexton will be available 9-12 and I would trade down or make my pick and if Sexton drops to Clips say then do a trade.

I'm going to be of the opinion that everyone not named KP is available for a trade, including Frank.

Let me go this far if we can keep our 9th pick and trade Frank for Sexton, I'm in 100%, its not even a thought.

That is not saying Frank won't be a very good NBA player, I'm that high on Sexton's future in the NBA and Frank still has questions.

Sexton is the pure combo guard that can excel at both spots, again another advantage over Trae, who like our Trae will have trouble with switch's guarding the bigger off guards or small forwards.

If you would like a more refined Westbrook then Sexton is the guy.

Sexton to me seems like a guy who people slept on a bit but plays with a super chip and ends up outclassing most of the guys in front of him. Seem to catch that vibe from him. If that is who he is - NY is the right place for him.

Draft Porter
    Trade KP for Leonard
    Sign Clint Cappela

Capella, Leonard, and Porter will give the Knicks a nice fresh front court and a nice balance of offense, defense, scoring, and athelitisim

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Now's the time to trade KP and Here's why:

1. Injury history and bad work ethic
    2. His camp has been lobbying for an extention this year
    3. Unbalanced roster with him insisting to play the 4 inspite being injury prone due to having to guard much smaller players.
    4. He's gonna probably not play this year anyhow

Here's where the Spurs and Kwahi Leonrad's comes in at:
    1. Injury history and great work ethics and an established All-Star with a Championship pedigree
    2. His camp is lobbying for a bigger stage/market, not looking to give Spurs the hometown discount like other Spurs have in the past. He's under contract until 2020 which is good for the Knicks!
    3. He plays a postion of need for the Knicks and is a world class 3D player one who would gives the Knicks an idenity, he's not soft at all the best defender behind King James.
    4. He'll healty and will be ready to go come opening season for the Knicks.

Trade:

Knicks get: SF Leonard, PG Murray, 2nd rd pick...other pieces
    Spurs get: PF KP, SG Lee, and maybe Frank or a 2019 unprotected 1st rd pick...other pieces

I think I've laid it out for all the right reason to trade for arguably one of the best 2 way players to ever have played the game. He is a quite assasin but the opposing teams will feel the heat and get the business every night. Their star player including Lebron will not sleep well the night before his game against Kwahi. During his post game warm ups he will be thinking strategically of how can he challenge Kwai and if he can win that hard faught battle. He's what the new brass said they want a hard nosed player built Ford Tuff not a soft Unicorn.

Trading for Kwai helps us in so many ways and angles and here are a few. He's a pereineal all star with the Spurs and coach Pop ways instilled in him. He becomes that solid teams roll model with great work ethics to builkd your young team around. He's an elite athelete on both ends of the floor. He plays a a position of need at the SF spot. He uneuivocally becomes the face of the franchise who multiple players around the league will weant to come and join him because he is the corner stone every star wants to have on his team. This includes the 2019 free agents that will available to the Knick who will then have a ton of cap space to spread around just in time.

If the Knicks make this trde they also will free up more cap space especially if they can include Lee. If Kanter and O'Quinn opt out as expected then the Knicks can siqn a player like Randle, AG or maybe even Clint Cappella.

If they could somehome come away with Porter that would be an amazing turn of events.

Dream land lineup:

PG Murray/Mudiay/Burke
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Porter
    C Capella

Or

PG Murray
    SG THJ
    SF Kwahi
    PF Gordon or Randle
    C Austin Wiley 2nd rd draft pick out of Auburn Tigers

While I would take Leonard for KP, the problem is we have KP on the books on his rookie contract and can go get a 2019 Fa,

In order to make the trade we would only get Leonard for one year then he has early termination to go where he wants. Will he really stay without KP here?

Why wouldn't he join a real contender?

It makes sense if he had a contract with a min of 3 years remaining, having him for one year and still not making the playoffs possibly is a waste of KP, Frank, and whatever we can get for Lee.

We would need SA to put the Franchise super contract on him then Knicks would have to sign KP to the extension then make the trade.

Again the problem is cap for 2019 if he gets that super contract vs having KP at 7.5mil on his QO then sign him the next year after we get the FA.

So it really comes down to in your trade KP and a 2019 FA and Frank and what ever we get for Lee

Vs getting Leonard and Murray?

Nothing is a guarantee but i'll have to stick with KP and company in this scenario, and must stick if Leonard can early terminate.

Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast