Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    His best scoring season of his career (99-2000), he averaged 24.2 points per game on 20.3 shots with a super underwhelming 53.5% TS%. To put that into perspective, eight different guys topped that number in scoring this season, and all of them but Westbrook (who clearly had an off year) boasted far better efficiency numbers. I'm sorry, but the guy was a volume scorer with a career TS% of 52.8%.

And if he was a volume scorer putting up Kobe or Melo type scoring numbers, we could maybe talk about him being an elite scorer. But he wasn't, at least not historically. Within the context of a single year, you might call him elite, but historically he's not close. He was elite offensively as a creator for others, but not as a scorer.
    I don't know what part of Gary Payton had killer post moves that you missed but Gary Payton had killer post moves. They're around the same height and weight but GP would easily body Steph and be able to slip around him or just overpower him. Considering it's 1v1 he could just do it over and over again.

Numbers don't really matter in this regard, especially TS% considering there's no FTs in 1v1. It's all about game. Steph is one of, if not the best PG ever at getting his own shot off but GP is the best defensive PG ever. With nobody else on the floor I'll take the guy who can play top notch defence who can also get close to the basket whenever he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing:32347396
    IDK, No one is history has played to 32
    x2

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    This is how you play growing up with 2's and 3's. You must never have played basketball.
    You play with ones or ones and twos. Are you from America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is how you play growing up with 2's and 3's. You must never have played basketball.
    People that play 2ís and 3ís are just shooters who are afraid to be touched. I still donít know where you got the 32 from lol.

In every corner of the earth the games end at 11, 21, 31 etc... Sometimes may be with a round number liker 10 or 20. Never heard of 32 myself

Who wins these games if playing one on one going to 32.

Tim Duncan vs Kevin Garnett

Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson

Shaq vs Hakeem

P.Ewing vs D.Robinson

Charles Barkley vs Karl Malone

Dwyane Wade vs Dirk

Kobe vs Lebron

Kareem vs Wilt

Durant vs Dr J

Steph Curry vs Gary Payton
    Garnett (more athletic)
    Bird
    Shaq (too big lol)
    Robinson (more athletic)
    Malone
    Wade (better defender/more athletic)
    LeBron (too strong lol)
    Wilt
    Dr J
    Payton (better defender)
    "Train hard, play (matches) harder"

Whoever is in better shape?

Tim Duncan vs Kevin Garnett

Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson

Shaq vs Hakeem

P.Ewing vs D.Robinson

Charles Barkley vs Karl Malone

Dwyane Wade vs Dirk

Kobe vs Lebron

Kareem vs Wilt

Durant vs Dr J

Steph Curry vs Gary Payton

1) KG
    2) Larry
    3) Shaq
    4) D.Robinson
    5) Barkley
    6) Dirk
    7) LeBron
    8) Wilt
    9) Durant
    10) GP

I have never played a basketball game to 32. That's honestly the most ridiculous and random number. Depending on how tired/lopsided a game would be, it was usually 11, 16, or 21. If the game was going great, we'd go straight 25 but that was if it was a really really great game. I've never heard of playing with 2's and 3's. Always 1's or 2's (2's if we played to 21).

Anyways..

1) KG: I like KG's athleticism here. I know Tim Duncan clearly destroys KG in career but at their peak, I'd like to have KG because he was more versatile offensively and defensively. Since it's a 1-on-1, I gotta give it to the more athletic guy who was also more talented.
    2) Larry: Larry was built for this.
    3) Shaq: Size might be too much for Hakeem. What many people fail to mention about Hakeem's Rockets were during their championship run, Houston were taking the most threes to spread the floor for Hakeem. That simply was something the other elite centers didn't have. In a way, it benefitted Hakeem to a larger extent than it will ever get mentioned. I really want to pick Hakeem here but in my lifetime, I have never seen a player Shaq couldn't move out of the post when he wanted to.
    4) D.Robinson. Ewing was tougher as a player but D.Robinson just brings more to the table offensively. Scoring champion/DPOY - something not many players have achieved.
    5) Barkley. He's more of a brutish type player. Reminds me of mini-Shaq. Barkley's peak was just better. He's more mobile, has a higher motor, and was more skilled offensively. There was no one better than Barkley at getting to the FT line and he got there because he was simply unstoppable once he had the ball down in the low post. If Barkley doesn't shoot threes like Josh Smith, I think Barkley would simply be too much for Malone.
    6) Dirk: Size is too much. Wade might have every other advantage in terms of speed and athleticism but there is zero chance Wade guards Dirk at the elbow and just about anywhere Dirk wants. Dirk can just zone Wade and force him to take a jumper. No ability to pass and ask for the ball again so Wade likely takes many forced shots when he's shut out from dribbling.
    7) LeBron. Quite an easy answer but Lakers fans will be upset here.
    8) Wilt. We saw an old Wilt doing fairly well vs KAJ so I would assume prime Wilt does far better.
    9) Durant. Just more talented offensively and a bigger player. Though Dr.J was very strong, no chance he stops KD's length.
    10) GP. For handchecking purposes, GP was the master at it. If we let handchecking, no chance in hell Steph wins this. People don't realize how masterful GP was with handchecking. He's the only PG to win DPOY for a reason. If he could bother MJ, he'd definitely give Steph a world of trouble. But the best part of GP's defense was not handchecking but his ability to always have his hands in the pocket. GP was my favorite player until Ray Allen came along. There was no one better at violating your dribbling space than GP. Steph would not be able to get a clean shot and a three pointer is simply ineffective in a 1-on-1 game. Couple that with his trashtalking? Man.. I know Steph is unstoppable but most of that mystique is based off a team game. In a 1-on-1, there is no Draymond setting high picks and no Klay to secure the other side of the court for a wide open three opportunity. It's you, the ball, the basket, and GP in front of you. Yes, GP was limited offensively but he was a problem in the low post for many defenders. Curry is not physical enough to stop GP from backing him down and GP was an absolute nightmare with his spin move in the low post. I don't see how Curry can handle that physicality, trashtalk, defense, and pressure from GP. IMO, if we are talking strictly 6'4 and below PG's, no one would beat CP3 IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123