Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Shut up Wheeler, please just shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Shut up Wheeler, please just shut up
    When he started speaking I shut off the TV.

Been without power for 26 hrs or so due to the storm. The bright side is that I couldn't get suckered into watching the Mets. And I must say it was actually nice..veeery nice. I have discovered there is life outside of that clown organization.

Great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Mickey is hysterical! Asked about the problems with the offense and what can be done he said, “the players are locked in. They’re all working real hard....” I laughed my butt off.
    Rather than assume he's a moron, I'm going to go ahead and say he's just not interested in the media-interaction part of the job. He's quasi-Belichicking us. Just meaningless platitudes, no real insight.

I like Terry Collins better than Mickey Callaway.

Callaway comes off as a know it all stooge for Sandy and Ricco.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Oh no, please don't bring up TC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I'm With You Mr. Met - Terrible Ownership

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Rather than assume he's a moron, I'm going to go ahead and say he's just not interested in the media-interaction part of the job. He's quasi-Belichicking us. Just meaningless platitudes, no real insight.
    He’s not a moron. But he has no idea how to right this ship other than to sit around and hope the players play better

Managers aren't to blame when a predictably shaky roster produces predictably shaky results. This is not the same as saying Callaway is a good or great manager - it's just saying that his full ability as manager is impossible to judge with the roster the GM has given him.

By the same token, I cannot blame Callaway any more than I blame Zack Wheeler, who is coming off major surgery and hasn't pitched consistently well since 2014, for not being a consistent and reliable starter all of a sudden. I cannot blame him any more than I blame Adrian Gonzalez, who is 36 and hasn't been productive since 2015, for looking old and being unproductive now. I cannot blame him any more than I blame Darno, who has not remained healthy and productive since the 2nd half of 2015, for not remaining healthy. Or for Kevin Plawecki, who has never produced in the majors, for not producing in the majors.

The roster is always poorly constructed with more hopes and prayers than talent and depth. The minor league system, despite 8 years of his reign, is a bottom half system. And there's no hope in sight for him to help either the major league team or the minor league system.

Sandy is not a mediocre GM. He's a bad GM. He gets graded on a major curve because of how awful the Wilpons are, and he still doesn't look good.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Sandy is a mediocre GM. To be fair he did get us to the 2015 World Series and a 2016 Wild Card. But that is all he has done and for that, he needs to go. We need a new front office. Our team as constructed, is awful. That’s on SA.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Managers aren't to blame when a predictably shaky roster produces predictably shaky results. This is not the same as saying Callaway is a good or great manager - it's just saying that his full ability as manager is impossible to judge with the roster the GM has given him.

By the same token, I cannot blame Callaway any more than I blame Zack Wheeler, who is coming off major surgery and hasn't pitched consistently well since 2014, for not being a consistent and reliable starter all of a sudden. I cannot blame him any more than I blame Adrian Gonzalez, who is 36 and hasn't been productive since 2015, for looking old and being unproductive now. I cannot blame him any more than I blame Darno, who has not remained healthy and productive since the 2nd half of 2015, for not remaining healthy. Or for Kevin Plawecki, who has never produced in the majors, for not producing in the majors.

The roster is always poorly constructed with more hopes and prayers than talent and depth. The minor league system, despite 8 years of his reign, is a bottom half system. And there's no hope in sight for him to help either the major league team or the minor league system.

Sandy is not a mediocre GM. He's a bad GM. He gets graded on a major curve because of how awful the Wilpons are, and he still doesn't look good.
    Similarly, managers don’t get a pass for odd lineup and substitution choices just because the GM and owners are bad.

Manager still has to do his job and should be held accountable for headscratching moves even though his GM sucks.

Sorry I meant wheeler. I was reading something about DeGrom and was still thinking about him. Regardless the long wait, the cold and playing in those conditions was not right. With the METS it was the kind of conditions where someone would end up on the DL. Luckily that did not happen.

Sandy needed to go after last year. However, this ownership just does not have a clue. They take what might have been a good pitching roster and surround it with garbage. Yes nimrod, conforto and Rosario solid. I will even take Cabrera. However, Frazier, the catchers, Bruce and Gonzalez are nit getting it done. Cespedes can be great but another guy who can be streaky and we see now injuries keep coming.
    Many teams retool and play solid ball The Braves just have the magic touch because they seem to find these young exciting guys and plug them in. The Mets seem to take one step forward and one step back.

My question to the board is when do they pull the trigger on Cespedes, Gonzalez etc. who shoukd they keep and who shoukd they trade?

What’s sad is that we could’ve not signed Bruce, Vargas, or Reyes and have signed Arrieta instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He’s not a moron. But he has no idea how to right this ship other than to sit around and hope the players play better
    He's got no choice. This is the **** Sandy, Freddy and Baby Huey has dealt him. There is not a single manager in the history of baseball that has won with garbage players. It can't be done. Unfortunately for MC is he works for one of the single worst organizations in all of sports. He doesn't have a single quality starting pitcher behind Noah and deGrom, he has no quality catcher, 1B, SS, and not much in the bullpen. This mess is hardly Mickey's to blame.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast