Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NBA Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by jimboslice15 View Post
    Just an observation, but does anyone notice that one team which openly spoke about tanking (Mavs), and another team which blatanlty rested healthy players (Grizzlies) both got shafted with the lottery results? I mean granted there are conspiracy theories for everything, but maybe this is the league sending a message to them? I don't know, just wondering if I am alone on this one.

The kings tried to compete all season. Went out and signed Zbo & Hill. Atlanta played tough all season & down the stretch, budenholzer made sure they brought effort every night. Both got rewarded....
    What's the excuse for PHO who ended up #1? They were/have been clearly tanking

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Its hard to say whether the Suns tanked. I don't think they did. Who do they have on that team? Booker missed nearly 30 games. Payton didn't get to the Suns until February. But they do have a nice thing going when they take Deandre Ayton. Payton, Booker, Jackson, Chriss and Ayton on paper looks pretty good.

I don't like Payton with that PHX group.

Broken shooting mechanics, and nowhere remotely close to the defender we thought he'd be coming out of college. I suspect instant buyer's remorse to whoever gives him a long term deal. If PHX is smart they will use their other picks to get a PG in this draft, and force Payton into the 1yr qualifying offer. If someone signs him to an offer sheet longer than 2 years let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I'll be honest, I think phoenix is just a bad team.

As referenced, they did miss booker for a good portion, but whether he was out/in they played their best lineups. They just didn't have a good team whatsoever, and even made moves to try to improve with trading for elfrid.

Mavericks could have easily won 5-10 more games if they wanted to, and so could the grizzlies

When a team tanks the GM moves the good older players for younger players or draft picks. A weak roster is a big part of tanking. The 2nd thing done is player injuries happen at a higher rate and last longer. Another tactic is to keep older players who play hard but play losing ball and you center the offense around them. That way coaches and players are protected because fans look at the active roster and can say "well how can THIS team win".

It's all planned.

If I am Phoenix Suns the logical choice is to take DeAndre Ayton over Luka Doncic. I mean we still do not even know what kind of star Doncic will be or even if his European game will translate well into the NBA. I guess I am skeptical about Doncic but Ayton is the safer bet at least for me anyway if I am Phoenix. Ayton looks the most ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I am Phoenix Suns the logical choice is to take DeAndre Ayton over Luka Doncic. I mean we still do not even know what kind of star Doncic will be or even if his European game will translate well into the NBA. I guess I am skeptical about Doncic but Ayton is the safer bet at least for me anyway if I am Phoenix. Ayton looks the most ready.
    More like, trade #1 for Karl Anthony Towns.

Towns/Len
    Chriss/Bender
    Jackson/Warren
    Booker
    Payton/Ulis

Ayton/Patton
    Gibson/Dieng
    Wiggins
    Butler
    Teague/Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    More like, trade #1 for Karl Anthony Towns.

Towns/Len
    Chriss/Bender
    Jackson/Warren
    Booker
    Payton/Ulis

Ayton/Patton
    Gibson/Dieng
    Wiggins
    Butler
    Teague/Jones
    Yeah I can't see the Wolves and Suns doing this

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011