Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Also, the suspension is meant to be a punishment for the player, not the team (unless said team reaches the postseason, then the player is not eligible).

    I think it makes sense for him to get to serve his time while on the DL. the team loses him for 80 games and he loses 12 million bucks or so. if 40 games or so on the DL preceded his suspension, thats not fair for the team
    Sure it is. They signed him to his contract, let them deal with it. He's also ineligible for the postseason if they somehow make it. That's definitely a punishment to the team.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sure it is. They signed him to his contract, let them deal with it. He's also ineligible for the postseason if they somehow make it. That's definitely a punishment to the team.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I used to disagree with this, but now I side with your logic. They signed him after doing their due diligence I would assume. It's on the team as far as I'm concerned.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bloomington IL
    Posts
    9,836
    Well thank god mlb doesn’t agree

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,518
    Anyone think Mariners had an idea that Cano tested positive in the offseason hence their odd acquisition of Gordon, who is now moving to 2b with Cano out?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Anyone think Mariners had an idea that Cano tested positive in the offseason hence their odd acquisition of Gordon, who is now moving to 2b with Cano out?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Usually this stuff is found out a few weeks prior, not a few months, unless Cano appealed all this time.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    7,312
    They call it PEDs. I get it. But once again it isn't an actual PED they found, it's a diuretic that 'can be used as a masking agent'. OK, he has no reason to be taking a diuretic.

    But the main thing that strikes me here is that it seems (at least to me) that an inordinately large percentage of these suspensions involve guys from the Dominican 'unknowingly' getting something from a doctor down there
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Also, the suspension is meant to be a punishment for the player, not the team (unless said team reaches the postseason, then the player is not eligible).

    I think it makes sense for him to get to serve his time while on the DL. the team loses him for 80 games and he loses 12 million bucks or so. if 40 games or so on the DL preceded his suspension, thats not fair for the team
    I completely disagree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    7,312
    You could also look at it another way and say if they had suspended him the day before he wouldn't have taken the pitch to his hand in the first place.

    On the DL he gets paid. On suspension he doesn't. I could see it either way re when his suspension starts.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    616
    so he tested positive before season? dam thats months ago...now once he got injured he just drops the appeal since hes missing a chunk of that 80 games anyways lol

    how convenient lol

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,907
    oh man if there was even an ember left in the fire of Cano's HOF chances Teixeira sure took a piss on it didn't he
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    oh man if there was even an ember left in the fire of Cano's HOF chances Teixeira sure took a piss on it didn't he
    Yeah really threw his former teammate under the bus with being "not surprised" that he got busted for PEDs.

    Makes you wonder how long Cano has been using.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah really threw his former teammate under the bus with being "not surprised" that he got busted for PEDs.

    Makes you wonder how long Cano has been using.
    I've always suspected that he's been juicing.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    41,504
    You suspect just about everybody is juicing
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I've always suspected that he's been juicing.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    You suspect just about everybody is juicing
    Hahaha.....

    Not everybody, but I would say more than most people

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    113
    After watching Icarus, I have came to the conclusion that every athlete does it. I'm not surprised nor do I care (beyond the fact that now Cano is gonna miss a lot of time, including the playoffs possibly).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •