Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Of course its torture...

buts you gots ta do it for the ***** and giggles

Well, here are the facts that some of you clearly don't understand. The waterboarding happened to only 3 people. And during that waterboarding there was a third party physician overseeing the procedure. It would've never gotten to the point of death vs life.

My God, how can we scare the **** out of 3 people that was involved with a terrorist attack that killed thousands of Americans and could give up the Intel to stop the next one.

You guys defend the outcome of a trial where an illegal purposely killed an innocent young woman while villanizing the waterboarding of 3 people that took part in killing thousands of Americans.

Your priorities are as ****ed as it gets.

After WWII the US tried, and sentenced to death, Japanese soldiers for torturing (specifically via waterboarding) US POWs.

The action doesnít suddenly become moral and just because you like which team is committing the act.

Welcome back.

I don't recall supporting the US government for executing them. I wasn't alive when that happened, and the landscape of the world has dramatically changed in the last 77 years. Just look at the middle East.

Pearl Harbor will never happen again. Absolutely not possible.

I might be an outlier here, but waterboarding 3 people under a physicians watch, seems fair based on the potential consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Welcome back.

I don't recall supporting the US government for executing them. I wasn't alive when that happened, and the landscape of the world has dramatically changed in the last 77 years. Just look at the middle East.

I might be an outlier here, but waterboarding 3 people under a physicians watch, seems fair based on the potential consequences.
    Thanks. Think Iíve adjusted to a multiple kid household and found a few seconds to rant on this forum again lol.

To be clear, that was just my general opinion on the topic, not directed at you. Times changed, sure. But torture is torture, and itís not ok for anyone to do it in my opinion. Either itís right or itís wrong and...well itís torture so thereís not much right to do there and I donít think the presence of a physician changes that anymore than Mengeleís presence justifiesd what was experimented on Jewish prisoners. At some point morality has a sticking point regardless of whose side youíre on. But thatís a difference in personal moral philosophy so I wouldnít expect it to be suddenly settled now after centuries of debate.

I just find it fascinating how people on both sides can so easily flip on a topic and mince words until their complete 180 is justified. Especially these days...liberals coming out against diplomacy in NK, GOPers suddenly for it...except in Iran where each side flips because of who did the deal. 50 years of bashing the FBI and CIA and now liberals stand blindly with them because they have a trail on trump, while conservatives (the ďlaw and orderĒ group) suddenly start bashing the intelligence groups that they stood by blindly through Reagan and then the Iraq invasion.

This is all just some tribal team sport now and I really donít have the energy to keep up anymore. ...so I guess thatís another reason Iíve taken a break from here. Ha

Well, here are the facts that some of you clearly don't understand. The waterboarding happened to only 3 people. And during that waterboarding there was a third party physician overseeing the procedure. It would've never gotten to the point of death vs life.

My God, how can we scare the **** out of 3 people that was involved with a terrorist attack that killed thousands of Americans and could give up the Intel to stop the next one.

You guys defend the outcome of a trial where an illegal purposely killed an innocent young woman while villanizing the waterboarding of 3 people that took part in killing thousands of Americans.

Your priorities are as ****ed as it gets.
    You could have just said yes, torturing IS ok

Itís nothing to be ashamed about, these are some very tough and intense situations

Welcome back.

Google goes back to WWII now. If it is torture when your enemies do it, itís torture when you or your allies do it.

No youíre not an outlier. Plenty of people believe that we are allowed to do things that our enemies arenít allowed to do. That particular hypocrisy is nothing new.

Waterboarding doesnít work

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Waterboarding doesnít work
    Only one way to be sure. We will get a professional to waterboard me and Dbroncs. If the pro can get me to say Trump is the best president and Dbroncs to say Obama was, then it works.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Only one way to be sure. We will get a professional to waterboard me and Dbroncs. If the pro can get me to say Trump is the best president and Dbroncs to say Obama was, then it works.
    Two days, four sessions. Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Weíll waterboard dbroncs 183 times. Then afterwards, weíll say whoops wrong guy!

I don't really give a **** what anyone here says. If you want to say it isn't, have someone waterboard you. The only way you can own the libs!
    this my sig

What is the big objection to waterboarding? So we're roughing up a prisoner a little and we're all upset over that? Like I said before, it's not like we're cutting fingers off. It's a step above pushing and shoving and no one has died fro it.

I asked someone before if he would go along with this if his family was threatened and he responded, as most of us would, that he would pretty much go along with anything to save his family. Isn't it possible that information gained from waterboarding might save someones family?

Are all these politicians that are against waterboarding really against waterboarding or is it just another arguing point used to oppose the opposite party and make them look heartless.

There's a lot of bad people in the world. Not every part of the world is hiuggy-feely. Some Indonesian woman just strapped bombs onto her kids. It would have been nice to know about this wacko ahead of time.

Sometimes the end justifies the means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What is the big objection to waterboarding? So we're roughing up a prisoner a little and we're all upset over that? Like I said before, it's not like we're cutting fingers off. It's a step above pushing and shoving and no one has died fro it.

I asked someone before if he would go along with this if his family was threatened and he responded, as most of us would, that he would pretty much go along with anything to save his family. Isn't it possible that information gained from waterboarding might save someones family?

Are all these politicians that are against waterboarding really against waterboarding or is it just another arguing point used to oppose the opposite party and make them look heartless.

There's a lot of bad people in the world. Not every part of the world is hiuggy-feely. Some Indonesian woman just strapped bombs onto her kids. It would have been nice to know about this wacko ahead of time.

Sometimes the end justifies the means.
    Except that it doesnít work. Itís the equivalent of beating the **** out of your car because it wonít start.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't really give a **** what anyone here says. If you want to say it isn't, have someone waterboard you. The only way you can own the libs!
    I'm considering it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast