Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What Could BOS Get for Kyrie In a Trade?

A lot of the Celtics conversations have turned to this and it's an interesting topic so thought I'd make a thread. I'll start by saying I don't think Ainge does it but if he did explore moving Kyrie in anticipation of not wanting to pay him after next season, what could BOS get for him?

People have talked about the SA/Kawhi situation but would they go for it?

PHX, DEN, MIN, NYK, MIA, LAC all had varying degrees of rumored interest last year... would they still have interest this year with only one year left on his deal now?

Could Kyrie be a guy that draws PG13 to LAL and set up a FA pursuit of Leonard next year to complete the rebuild?

Could MIL want him as the long-term partner for Giannis atop the roster?

Does IND like the fit next to Oladipo for a dynamic backcourt pairing?

Ainge has always liked Drummond in DET and he's been in trade talks before.

I know Kyrie is a guy a lot of people would like to see in NO as the outside scorer to compliment AD thought they lack tradable pieces unless Ainge likes Cousins (reports were that he didn't think he's a winning player at the time of the SAC/NO trade).

IDK. Like I said, I don't think BOS will trade KI and I think he's going to be a huge addition to get him back. But it seems like an interesting enough discussion to hold.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Or trade Rozier.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Or trade Rozier.
    Definitely a possibility. If they do keep Kyrie with intention I wonder if they'd trade Rozier to cash in or keep him as an insurance for a year in case of Kyrie injury or bad fit issues. It's not like Rozier can't play off guard too so keeping them both could be a possibility, though that'd be a big payroll strain.

Regardless, I just think Kyrie trade proposals will make for a fun discussion here.

The Celtics are living that blessed EC playoff life right now, but trust me when the real post-season begins (IE When you play a Western Conference Team), you WILL understand the worth of Kyrie. A fearless/efficient/dominant ISO scorer is invaluable late in a tight series when everything grinds to a halt. He won Lebron a ring in Cleveland because of it.

would john wall be a more ideal fit? Washington needs to do something and wall is a better defender/passer but he is a far worse shooter/chucker.

KL is the prize.

Cavs honestly should have offered Kyrie up for porz when they had the chance. It would probably have taken more but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    A lot of the Celtics conversations have turned to this and it's an interesting topic so thought I'd make a thread. I'll start by saying I don't think Ainge does it but if he did explore moving Kyrie in anticipation of not wanting to pay him after next season, what could BOS get for him?

People have talked about the SA/Kawhi situation but would they go for it?

PHX, DEN, MIN, NYK, MIA, LAC all had varying degrees of rumored interest last year... would they still have interest this year with only one year left on his deal now?

Could Kyrie be a guy that draws PG13 to LAL and set up a FA pursuit of Leonard next year to complete the rebuild?

Could MIL want him as the long-term partner for Giannis atop the roster?

Does IND like the fit next to Oladipo for a dynamic backcourt pairing?

Ainge has always liked Drummond in DET and he's been in trade talks before.

I know Kyrie is a guy a lot of people would like to see in NO as the outside scorer to compliment AD thought they lack tradable pieces unless Ainge likes Cousins (reports were that he didn't think he's a winning player at the time of the SAC/NO trade).

IDK. Like I said, I don't think BOS will trade KI and I think he's going to be a huge addition to get him back. But it seems like an interesting enough discussion to hold.
    cousins/washington/celtics 3 team trade : )

Some type of package of Kyrie going to the pelicans and cousins going to washing and the celtics getting either Wall or BB... Thinking about this honestly hurts my head

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    would john wall be a more ideal fit? Washington needs to do something and wall is a better defender/passer but he is a far worse shooter/chucker.

KL is the prize.

Cavs honestly should have offered Kyrie up for porz when they had the chance. It would probably have taken more but who knows.
    Wall is a loser and basically anti everything the C's stand for.

Irving isn't getting traded. And barring his knee really falling off, he's going to get an extension and be on Boston through his prime years.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    The Celtics are living that blessed EC playoff life right now, but trust me when the real post-season begins (IE When you play a Western Conference Team), you WILL understand the worth of Kyrie. A fearless/efficient/dominant ISO scorer is invaluable late in a tight series when everything grinds to a halt. He won Lebron a ring in Cleveland because of it.
    Agreed he carried the Cavs and outplayed Steph in that series in 2016. It was the reason they won including the Draymond suspension.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

If you have a player like Irving and he wants to be there you don't trade him period.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Agreed he carried the Cavs and outplayed Steph in that series in 2016. It was the reason they won including the Draymond suspension.
    Sadly this is (somewhat shortsighted but...) correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    It's kind of incredible that the Finals MVP who posted a 29.7 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 8.9 APG with 2.6 steals and 2.3 blocks is ignored in your post. All in your continued attempts to protect Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's kind of incredible that the Finals MVP who posted a 29.7 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 8.9 APG with 2.6 steals and 2.3 blocks is ignored in your post. All in your continued attempts to protect Jordan.
    Oh so now the individual award matters to you. So now you recogize winning bronze medal in the olympics is a big deal with peak Tim Duncan on the team. Or how about joining forces with Shaq the allstar game mvp winner the year before they joined forces. Or Ben Wallace the only allstar on a team that won the title. Or Deron Williams. Also had Derrick Rose as well. Cavs getting Derrick Rose was like the Warriors getting Kevin Durant, both teams getting a league mvp winner under 30 years of age.

BTW I don't have to protect Jordan. He chose his own number, Lebron copied numbers of other greats because he didn't have a mind of his own.

Why didn't he pick number 27 for instance?
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 05-13-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Indiana has one of the best value starting PGs in Darren Collison who doesn't detract from Oladipo. We also have MANY other areas we need to shore up before we start thinking about replacing good players.

I doubt Ainge will make the same mistake as Cleveland, and I don't see a trade in which Boston can get better.
    Theoretically, if Boston thought they could go with Rozier at point guard, I could see Kyrie for Butler being OK for both sides. Butler's not the scorer Kyrie is, but he's way better on defense. Put him out there with Horford, Smart, Tatum and Brown, and the Celtics have the most wicked defensive lineup in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Indiana has one of the best value starting PGs in Darren Collison who doesn't detract from Oladipo. We also have MANY other areas we need to shore up before we start thinking about replacing good players.
    If IND wants to seriously push for a title their big picture need is more all stars. If you’re talking about which position to use their $10M or so of cap space on than yeah, they should have other priorities. But if an all star like Kyrie is available that goes out the window because at the end of the day you need multiple of those players. Even if it isn’t an ideal fit for the current roster you just get the star and make the supporting pieces work with other moves.

The Oladipo/Irving potential clash of styles is a legit reason to pass because your multiple stars have to mesh. But “we have a cost effective Darren Collison” should NEVER be a reason you’d pass on an all star.

That’s why Ainge won’t deal Kyrie unless another all star is coming back IMO. But enough people brought it up that I thought it’d be a fun discussion.
    Last edited by hugepatsfan; 05-13-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast