Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers0305 View Post
    What about Sexton. He would be a nice scoring guard that looks like he would be available at 10
    He's definitely a good fit and i like his game. Personally i prefer guys with some length otherwise he's really nice.

IF Michael Porter is available at 5 or 6 I would try to trade up for him. Neither the Mavs at 5 or the Magic at 6 have and extra 1st this year. Maybe 10, 26, 38,39 and a player for 5 or 6?

IF Mikal Bridges is available at 10 you draft him with no hesitation but I definitely see him gone before our pick. Unlike Strikerc I'm just not high on Miles Bridges or Lonnie Walker. I personally prefer Kevin Knox or Wendel Carter as alternates.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We keep 10, Sacramento is in the top 3. And someone wanted this pick to go to Boston.

I'm willing to bet now if Sac keeps their pick they finish in the 7-13 range next year. Especially if they get Ayton.
    ill glady take that bet that Sac is in the bottom 6. Ayton is going 1 he fits in perfectly with what the Suns have and they have no useful bigs.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

I dunno if any of you were at the lotto party, but met RoCo in the VIP section. Dude is a ****ing beast. Much bigger than he looks. Cool guy too. Friendly but kinda shy about it. Like didnít really get why everyone there loves him.
    a bunch of process nerds love Cov, no way? i met him at a bowling outing a few years back the night the Eagles signed Murray, he is a nice, humble guy.

as for our pick im still on either Bridges or Carter Jr.

Ok so my early mock draft:
    1 - Suns - Luka Doncic - I don't think they got what they thought they were getting in Jackson and he wasn't really an on ball playmaker. Peyton isn't a long term solution at PG for them. And I think with Criss and Bender in house that they would be less tempted by the center.

2 - Kings - DeAndre Ayton - This is going to be an easy no brainer for them. They'll have the PG/SG/SF in place so getting a two way stud center like Ayton is going to set them up long term.

3 - Hawks - Marvin Bagley - This kid is going to be a beast. I see him as very Horford like, so it wouldn't be a shock to see him taken by the Hawks.

4 - Grizzlies - Jaren Jackson Jr - I see them as really hoping Bagley would be here, but at this point he's a good consolation prize to get as he's a stud athlete, will fill out, and has the ability to grow into his body.

5 - Mavericks - Trae Young - They need shooting in the worst way possible. Trae Young is able to provide that help and would make a nice backcourt partner to Smith.

6 - Magic - Collin Sexton - I know this seems really high for Sexton but he's really underrated as a PG prospect. For a team set up so well with 4's and 5's, bringing in real PG can be huge.

7 - Bulls - Michael Porter Jr - Between Dunn, LeVine, Markeneen what they need is a versatile 3-4 playmaker on the wing. Porter can bring that for them in a big way.

8 - Cavs - Mohamed Bamba - If they want to convince LeBron to come back, getting a rim protecting rebounding big who will thrive in the PnR would be a great start. And if Bron does leave, Bamba would still be a nice part to have.

9 - Knicks - Miles Bridges - I think they will go to versatility over most else, as with Porzingas out for half to the whole year then Miles will get the chance to come in and show what he can do early on.

Ok so that leaves us options at 10:
    ~ Wendell Carter Jr - 6'11" PF, who can play inside to out, and is very versatile. Can create his own shots. Not a great athlete and wasn't great in pick and roll defense.

~Mikal Bridges - Great spot up shooter, has a nice wingspan, can guard the 1-4 spots on the floor. The downside is that he's not much of a shot creator for himself or others. He's strickly a spot up shooter and defender.

~Zhaire Smith - He's going to be a 6th man for a long time who's a great athlete and can get his shot off anywhere. Will need to work on his defense at this level.

~Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - I really just see him as a bigger quicker TJ McConnell.

At pick 26:
    ~Jacob Evans - 3 position defender who can hit his shots. He's a RoCo who will be more steady on offense and slightly worse on defense.

~Grayson Allen - I personally hate him, but if theres one guy that could grow to be a JJ Redick clone in the NBA it's Allen.

~Bruno Fernando - the 6'11" center from Maryland he can really be a long term backup to Embiid. Physically he has the ability to be like Holmes, but defensively and rebounding he's already better.

Second round prospects:
    ~Elie Okobo, PG, Pau-Orthez - Eurostash
    ~Tyus Bettle, SG, Syracuse - SG may be a weak point
    ~Rodions Jurucs, SF, FC Barcelona - Eurostash
    ~Tony Carr, G, PSU - Buckets in a bottle

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    IF Mikal Bridges is available at 10 you draft him with no hesitation but I definitely see him gone before our pick. Unlike Strikerc I'm just not high on Miles Bridges or Lonnie Walker. I personally prefer Kevin Knox or Wendel Carter as alternates.
    I wonder if the Kings will made Wiilie Cauley Stein available if they land Ayton. He could be that backup Center we want. I saw lots of improvement from him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    ill glady take that bet that Sac is in the bottom 6. Ayton is going 1 he fits in perfectly with what the Suns have and they have no useful bigs.
    We could go through the exact same process as last year when people guaranteed that the Lakers pick would be top 5.

There's going to be teams that decide to tank (Charlotte, Orlando, Dallas). There's going to be teams that get injured and decide to mail it in (Like Memphis did this year). Then there's the possibility that Sacramento signs players, Fox progresses, their pick ends up as ROY and they play really well, guys like Hield/Bogdonovich progress.

I still really have it as more likely that they finish outside the top 6 than inside the top 6.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    I wonder if the Kings will made Wiilie Cauley Stein available if they land Ayton. He could be that backup Center we want. I saw lots of improvement from him.
    I hope so. I wonder if they would anyways because they have so many bigs, and WCS hasn't really progressed.

PROCESSING

I don't post here much, but I read along regularly. Haven't had time to read today, so I'm just going to ask.

Have seen a few places where Porter falls to 8-12. If this is the case the Sixers absolutely have to move to grab him, don't they?

I'll admit I'm not too informed on the college game/draft prospects, but if my memory serves me correctly Porter has a legitimate chance to be the best player in this class. If he's available at ten, or a trade up is available you have to jump on this, right?

I hope so. I wonder if they would anyways because they have so many bigs, and WCS hasn't really progressed.
    He hasn't?
    I saw a lot of progression from him. He's no Ayton but he'll be a solid back up in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    He hasn't?
    I saw a lot of progression from him. He's no Ayton but he'll be a solid back up in this league.
    He has but he hasn't in the way they wanted him to. He's become better at rebounding and putbacks. But he's not a guy you count on.

Like you said he's a solid backup. But remember he was the 6th pick.

PROCESSING

my top 10 looks different:

1. Suns- Ayton. Has the highest ceiling in this class to me with massive Embiid like 2 way potential, just needs to show more of a motor i think but this kid showed steady progression on offense all season and fits too perfectly with that they have in Booker and Jackson.

2. Kings: Who knows what they will do but Id expect Vlade to take Donic here and play him at SF en route to ruining the kids career bcuz he will get torched on D.

3. Hawks: Porter. If not for the back injury he could be going 1 and the Hawks basically have nothing and this kid has at least all star, top scorer potential.

4. Grizz: Jaren Jackson. Fits next to Gasol and could stand to learn a lot from the Grizz traditional style of hard nosed play.

5. Mavs: Wouldnt be shocked to see Cuban going for a potential draw in Trae Young but I like Bagley here while they have Barnes and Smith on the perimeter. He can wreak havoc on the glass on both ends and be double double machine.

6. Magic: I like Sexton here too. They dont have much either and probably have a roster overhaul coming but they have a glaring hole at PG and Sexton gives them everything Payton couldnt.

7. Bulls: Bamba. They need a rim protecting big to compliment Markannen who had a very nice season, should be a really good duo to allow Bamba to focus on defense and rebounding.

8. Cavs: Trae Young. If James stays they add a shooter with serious potential who is also good at creating for others. If James leaves they have an exciting young player to be the focal point and still draw fans.

9. Knicks: Kevin Knox. Good 2 way player who can play with Porz and be a force on the perimter on the defensive end.

10. SIXERS. I think I lean toward Miles Bridges right now since he has the most all around game of the guys I like and can play the 3 and 4. Wont be mad with Carter or Mikal.

26 Im open to guys like Grayson Allen, Gary Trent, Bates-Diop so far

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I don't post here much, but I read along regularly. Haven't had time to read today, so I'm just going to ask.

Have seen a few places where Porter falls to 8-12. If this is the case the Sixers absolutely have to move to grab him, don't they?

I'll admit I'm not too informed on the college game/draft prospects, but if my memory serves me correctly Porter has a legitimate chance to be the best player in this class. If he's available at ten, or a trade up is available you have to jump on this, right?
    i havent seen Porter going that low anywhere but yes you are right was the top prospect entering college but back surgery set him back. As long as the back checks out hes likely going top 5

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast