Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    I wonder if the Kings will made Wiilie Cauley Stein available if they land Ayton. He could be that backup Center we want. I saw lots of improvement from him.
    That would be lovely. Doubtful though

Cavs will be imbeciles to trade back and not take porter at 8.

I know itís probably controversial but I would trade Dario for 6 and take porter. I think porter can be really really good. And Iíd really love to boost in athleticism, the only area where Dario is weak. And this to me is more about obtaining porter than losing Dario.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    my bad but TLC still stinks
    Disagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Cavs will be imbeciles to trade back and not take porter at 8.

I know itís probably controversial but I would trade Dario for 6 and take porter. I think porter can be really really good. And Iíd really love to boost in athleticism, the only area where Dario is weak. And this to me is more about obtaining porter than losing Dario.
    no way. id deal 10, 26 and Cov to move up for Porter though. Saric showed a lot of value to this team and fills a key stretch 4 role
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Disagree completely.
    you shouldnt.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

no way. id deal 10, 26 and Cov to move up for Porter though. Saric showed a lot of value to this team and fills a key stretch 4 role
    Porter is a stretch 4 thru and thru. Dario fills it because heís good at basketball.

But I need the athleticism and rim protection along with the shooting. That will complement embiid. You never notice that Dario is at his best when embiid is off the floor. Thatís because heís s more traditional post player with offensive guard skills. I love dario. But a championship wonít come cheap. And athletic shooter that blocks shots is the way of the new four man.

Are we assuming Porter is good at defense?
    I don't know if i agree with that notion.

ill glady take that bet that Sac is in the bottom 6. Ayton is going 1 he fits in perfectly with what the Suns have and they have no useful bigs.
    Suns definitely will draft luka

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But then when does it get to the point that moving that much becomes not worth it?

I think the Sixers are now at the point where they really need to grab need. Porter seems like a perfect fit/need and could be reasonably attainable.
    While Porter fills a need he's what i call a luxury at that need position. We could use him but i would not spend an extra draft pick to get him when there are tons of guys in this class who'll fit that need without a problem.

Michael Porter Weaknesses according to Draft Express

Weaknesses -Frame is improving, but he's still fairly thin for a combo forward. Shoulders aren't all that wide. Very thin legs. How much bigger will he get? -Doesn't have great length relative to his height (6' 10.5” wingspan) -Not a great ball handler at this stage. Can attack in a straight line or handle in transition, but he struggles a bit versus pressure. Doesn't change direction or speeds all that well. -Can improve his ability to finish through contact -Gets swallowed up in the paint at times on defense/the glass. -Fairly right-hand dominant around the rim -Still has to prove himself as a perimeter defender -A year old for his class - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Porter-83153/ ©DraftExpress

He's really good on offensive so i don't think it's necessary to post his strengths.

My theme for this draft is Length, Athleticism, shot creation, scoring and elite great defense.
    Our team is soft. We need a few rough riders in the mix not more finesse basketball players.

Stay put and draft one or two of the numerous 3nD guys in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok so my early mock draft:
    1 - Suns - Luka Doncic - I don't think they got what they thought they were getting in Jackson and he wasn't really an on ball playmaker. Peyton isn't a long term solution at PG for them. And I think with Criss and Bender in house that they would be less tempted by the center.

2 - Kings - DeAndre Ayton - This is going to be an easy no brainer for them. They'll have the PG/SG/SF in place so getting a two way stud center like Ayton is going to set them up long term.

3 - Hawks - Marvin Bagley - This kid is going to be a beast. I see him as very Horford like, so it wouldn't be a shock to see him taken by the Hawks.

4 - Grizzlies - Jaren Jackson Jr - I see them as really hoping Bagley would be here, but at this point he's a good consolation prize to get as he's a stud athlete, will fill out, and has the ability to grow into his body.

5 - Mavericks - Trae Young - They need shooting in the worst way possible. Trae Young is able to provide that help and would make a nice backcourt partner to Smith.

6 - Magic - Collin Sexton - I know this seems really high for Sexton but he's really underrated as a PG prospect. For a team set up so well with 4's and 5's, bringing in real PG can be huge.

7 - Bulls - Michael Porter Jr - Between Dunn, LeVine, Markeneen what they need is a versatile 3-4 playmaker on the wing. Porter can bring that for them in a big way.

8 - Cavs - Mohamed Bamba - If they want to convince LeBron to come back, getting a rim protecting rebounding big who will thrive in the PnR would be a great start. And if Bron does leave, Bamba would still be a nice part to have.

9 - Knicks - Miles Bridges - I think they will go to versatility over most else, as with Porzingas out for half to the whole year then Miles will get the chance to come in and show what he can do early on.

Ok so that leaves us options at 10:
    ~ Wendell Carter Jr - 6'11" PF, who can play inside to out, and is very versatile. Can create his own shots. Not a great athlete and wasn't great in pick and roll defense.

~Mikal Bridges - Great spot up shooter, has a nice wingspan, can guard the 1-4 spots on the floor. The downside is that he's not much of a shot creator for himself or others. He's strickly a spot up shooter and defender.

~Zhaire Smith - He's going to be a 6th man for a long time who's a great athlete and can get his shot off anywhere. Will need to work on his defense at this level.

~Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - I really just see him as a bigger quicker TJ McConnell.

At pick 26:
    ~Jacob Evans - 3 position defender who can hit his shots. He's a RoCo who will be more steady on offense and slightly worse on defense.

~Grayson Allen - I personally hate him, but if theres one guy that could grow to be a JJ Redick clone in the NBA it's Allen.

~Bruno Fernando - the 6'11" center from Maryland he can really be a long term backup to Embiid. Physically he has the ability to be like Holmes, but defensively and rebounding he's already better.

Second round prospects:
    ~Elie Okobo, PG, Pau-Orthez - Eurostash
    ~Tyus Bettle, SG, Syracuse - SG may be a weak point
    ~Rodions Jurucs, SF, FC Barcelona - Eurostash
    ~Tony Carr, G, PSU - Buckets in a bottle
    Chandler Hutchison deserves a look with the 26th pick.

Thatís an absurd overpay. Any team in the 5-8 range would laugh and take that deal if we include Cov.

PROCESSING

Everyone loves Porter. But I have a hard time seeing us move up in this draft. Feel like the mindset will generally be either use iThe pick in a bigger trade for an NBA player to help win now (like Kawhi), or stay put. Iíll just be surprised if Colangelo moves up to draft a player right now. Just a feeling. ďTrade up for PorterĒ just seems like pipe dream. Its too easy. Itís not like heís flying under the radar of other NBA teams
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 05-16-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast