Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    I think it wonít work and the blame will go everywhere else.

Why it wonít work? I question fit. I also donít believe his body holds up for 20 years playing at that level. Sure Iíd love to have a (insert high end car of your choice here) and Iíd be will to pay a premium for it. Just not with 350,000 miles.
    If someone wants to sell me the nicest, fastest Lamborghini ever assembled for basically the same price as a slightly newer Mustang, I'm taking the Lambo every single time. I don't care if it's a 2003 when the Lamborghini drives better than ever. Thing looks brand new. This thing has never even needed a tire patched.

"Sixers fans... get excited!" - Drew Hanlen

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    KL and PG are nowhere near as ball dominant as LeBron. Im not even sure I call either ball dominant at this point in terms of needing to be effective like LeBron and Ben. All I saw Ben say was that he thinks he could make it work or something along those lines. not like he has a say anyway.
    That Ben quote is a direct quote to TMZ when asked what it would look like to play with LeBron. And itís one of the few quotes on that.

PROCESSING

Sorry Myles/Dish. I heard weíre gonna hire Lebron as player/GM this summer after Colangelo is let go

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Sorry Myles/Dish. I heard weíre gonna hire Lebron as player/GM this summer after Colangelo is let go
    Heís probably smart enough to not sign himself. Lol

PROCESSING

On a POSITIVE note WOJ tweeted out that Brett Brown is in talks with Monty Williams about replacing LLoyd Peirce as the top assistant..I think it would be a great move he is beloved around the league as a coach and I think he could help bring in Lebron James during free agency and I personally think he is a great coach deserving of a head coaching position.

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    If someone wants to sell me the nicest, fastest Lamborghini ever assembled for basically the same price as a slightly newer Mustang, I'm taking the Lambo every single time. I don't care if it's a 2003 when the Lamborghini drives better than ever. Thing looks brand new. This thing has never even needed a tire patched.

And if he truly wants to play off the ball, you're going from that car being driven 50,000 miles a year to maybe 20,000. It's still a lot, because it's the best thing out there and you want to put it to good use, but you're not driving it into the ground anymore.

The best players in the world are the best in the world for a reason. They make EVERYONE around them better. LeBron and Wade weren't a natural fit either and I think that worked out pretty well. I don't think Curry and Durant are struggling to make it work as guys who generally dominate the ball. I mean ****, GSW has 4 guys on the court that any team would feel comfortable having the ball in their hands most of the game. Do you really think that's a problem? Having multiple guys who can play on-ball is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

"On the ball" gets so overblown it's ridiculous. Unless you run a system like D'Antoni where it's just Paul or Harden dribbling the air out of the ball for 18 seconds, "on the ball" just means you want the ball in the hands of your best players and that's true of any team anyway.

LeBron and Simmons would be unreal. It would be unprecedented. Two guys 6'8" and 6'10" who can handle the ball like point guards running your offense, along with a 7'2" beast down low who has elite rim protection skills and can also stretch the floor. Add a player like Fultz who has elite cutting and slashing ability, can create off the dribble for himself and others, and is coming off of a season in which he is dying to prove people wrong....

Yeah go ahead and try to tell me you don't want that. You'll be wrong, because once you see it gel on the court it will be the most exciting thing you've seen in the history of the franchise.

2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    And if he truly wants to play off the ball, you're going from that car being driven 50,000 miles a year to maybe 20,000. It's still a lot, because it's the best thing out there and you want to put it to good use, but you're not driving it into the ground anymore.

The best players in the world are the best in the world for a reason. They make EVERYONE around them better. LeBron and Wade weren't a natural fit either and I think that worked out pretty well. I don't think Curry and Durant are struggling to make it work as guys who generally dominate the ball. I mean ****, GSW has 4 guys on the court that any team would feel comfortable having the ball in their hands most of the game. Do you really think that's a problem? Having multiple guys who can play on-ball is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

"On the ball" gets so overblown it's ridiculous. Unless you run a system like D'Antoni where it's just Paul or Harden dribbling the air out of the ball for 18 seconds, "on the ball" just means you want the ball in the hands of your best players and that's true of any team anyway.

LeBron and Simmons would be unreal. It would be unprecedented. Two guys 6'8" and 6'10" who can handle the ball like point guards running your offense, along with a 7'2" beast down low who has elite rim protection skills and can also stretch the floor. Add a player like Fultz who has elite cutting and slashing ability, can create off the dribble for himself and others, and is coming off of a season in which he is dying to prove people wrong....

Yeah go ahead and try to tell me you don't want that. You'll be wrong, because once you see it gel on the court it will be the most exciting thing you've seen in the history of the franchise.
    I donít see it. Lebron doesnít make players better. Thatís a myth. So me the stats. Ben is no a shooter and barely a scorer. Both need to be surrounded by shooters.

If Iím wrong, I eat crow and root on my team. If yíall wrong, we are screwed.

I donít see it. Lebron doesnít make players better. Thatís a myth. So me the stats. Ben is no a shooter and barely a scorer. Both need to be surrounded by shooters.

If Iím wrong, I eat crow and root on my team. If yíall wrong, we are screwed.
    Itís ok. Itís hard to see when your eyes are always closed

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Itís ok. Itís hard to see when your eyes are always closed
    Father Time is undefeated. Iím not betting against him. Lebron is 20th in all-time minutes played. A dusty statue of Dirk is only player still standing ahead of him.

Father Time is undefeated. Iím not betting against him. Lebron is 20th in all-time minutes played. A dusty statue of Dirk is only player still standing ahead of him.
    Father Time is undefeated, but itís not a hard and fast rule. Every player ages differently and if LeBron is serious about playing off the ball more, that will help extend his career.

There are exceptions to every rule and the great ones are usually those exceptions.

Iím looking for 3 years out of LeBron and I donít even need them to be Ď17-18 level good. Three years to get this team to the top of the East and show young guys like Ben, Joel and Markelle how to win at this level, lay the groundwork for their future. Iím using LeBron to help develop the youth of this team and win a championship or two in the next 3 years.

After that, itís on Ben, Joel and Markelle to carry the torch.
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 05-31-2018 at 12:28 PM.

i have never heard him say a word about wanting to move off the ball, i dont buy it until it comes right from his mouth. hes never done it in his entire career that led him to 8 finals appearances and 3 titles.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

I know this isn't from Lebron's mouth, but I seriously doubt he'd say he wants to play off the ball when he knows he has to play on the ball where he currently is. It's all going to be hearsay at this point until he's a FA.

ďIíve been told by somebody that would know that LeBron wants to play off the ball.Ē [Ö]

ďIím talking about LeBron going to Philly and playing more of a true small forward [role].Ē [Ö]

ďWhat I was told is that LeBron has [played on the ball] because heís never really had a teammate who was a playmaker for other guys. [Ö] Ben Simmons is that [playmaker].Ē
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/lebro...-off-the-ball/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i have never heard him say a word about wanting to move off the ball, i dont buy it until it comes right from his mouth. hes never done it in his entire career that led him to 8 finals appearances and 3 titles.
    So you're saying a guy getting later in his career wouldn't change up the way he plays to prolong it since he never had to when he was........ younger?? Get outta here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

you think hes just gonna stop doing what makes him an all time great so he can pass the ball less?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast