Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    B, because I still believe in Fultz a great deal and if the Sixers add PG or LBJ on top of it, no one is scoring on this team either AND we still have Fultz.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    B, because I still believe in Fultz a great deal and if the Sixers add PG or LBJ on top of it, no one is scoring on this team either AND we still have Fultz.
    Totally agree.

Jimmy Butler and Paul George are very similar in my opinion. I wouldn't trade a top 3 for one when I can keep the top 3 and just sign the other potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Don’t call people dumb for not agreeing with you.
    It's dumb, type of.non sense that makes me wish we won 30 game's.

lol so you wish we won 30 games bcuz you disagree with a poster? wow

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Yup yup yup.

Some reiteration of some rumors but since we're getting much closer:

~Paul George is pretty much locked into the Lakers unless he's really blown away or they blow it.
    ~If the Spurs trade Kawhi it won't be to a WC team.
    ~Sounds like Boogie is wanting a fresh start, and is willing to take a sign and trade to make it happen.
    ~It sounds more like in his next stop Bron really wants to play as a traditional SF, be off ball more, and wants to be with someone else who makes the plays.

where did you see the PG rumor? havent heard anything new one way or the other. Same with Cousins, he seemed to like it NO and playing with AD as they were starting to gel.

I got someone I trust sharing stuff with me that I chose not to divulge who it is.

He said that the Paul George thing is just about the worst kept secret in the NBA. Wouldn’t doubt if it ends up like the KD thing where he takes a bunch of meetings to see if someone convinced him otherwise, but the interest is real on both sides.

As for the Boogie one there was apparently frustration over the fact that they played better without him, and there were hints that he’s the one that held them back. It’s not that Boogie won’t return to NO, but there is a desire to get a fresh start.

Last I checked the Vegas odds for Paul George going to the Lakers was 1/2, which is insane. They’re basically calling it a done deal. I haven’t seen anything in the news/media this year that makes it look so certain, but I guess there’s a lot more momentum for him leaving OKC and going to LA than I realized.

I’m guessing it stems back from last year when the rumors were flying that he wanted to force a trade to the Lakers or that he’d leave and sign with them no matter what the next year. Remember when all that was happening?

As for Boogie, that is surprising. I know Boston has constantly been floated as a rumored destination for him for years. Wonder if they’re still interested. They can definitely come up with a way to trade for him.

But if George goes to LA, maybe Boogie would want to go there. They have cap space for 2 max players, even more than us. That puts them in the Lebron sweepstakes if George goes there. But I still believe Lebron would much more likely choose Philly or Houston.

Also, I heard the same thing about Lebron. I think his camp is putting that out there ahead of the offseason because he’d love to play with Simmons. But it also makes Chris Paul is a good match too. Lebron’s played with other ball handlers/play makers before like Wade and Kyrie, but never an elite pass first type primary ball handler. If he wants that in his next stage, I’m intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Last I checked the Vegas odds for Paul George going to the Lakers was 1/2, which is insane. They’re basically calling it a done deal. I haven’t seen anything in the news/media this year that makes it look so certain, but I guess there’s a lot more momentum for him leaving OKC and going to LA than I realized.

I’m guessing it stems back from last year when the rumors were flying that he wanted to force a trade to the Lakers or that he’d leave and sign with them no matter what the next year. Remember when all that was happening?

As for Boogie, that is surprising. I know Boston has constantly been floated as a rumored destination for him for years. Wonder if they’re still interested. They can definitely come up with a way to trade for him.

But if George goes to LA, maybe Boogie would want to go there. They have cap space for 2 max players, even more than us. That puts them in the Lebron sweepstakes if George goes there. But I still believe Lebron would much more likely choose Philly or Houston.
    That's the one I heard. That he would be interested in LAL if PG was there. He still has interest in playing in DC with Wall.

If he goes to LA:
    Ball
    Ingram
    George
    Kuzma
    Boogie

If he goes to Was it would take a Sign and Trade, I would bet something like Porter, Gortat, Pick for Boogie and Filler. But you could be looking at:
    Washington:
    Wall
    Beal
    Oubre
    Morris
    Boogie

New Orleans
    Rondo
    Holiday
    Porter
    AD/Moore
    Gortat/AD

As for the media not saying a lot....right now that isn't a great story so they aren't really talking about it. Only so many times you can print "Paul's top landing spot is LA, wouldn't mind staying in OKC, Philly a longshot." But with Lebron you can come up with so many articles over why going to LAL, Philly, Houston, Staying in Cleveland, or a darkhorse team could sign him.

Also, I heard the same thing about Lebron. I think his camp is putting that out there ahead of the offseason because he’d love to play with Simmons. But it also makes Chris Paul is a good match too. Lebron’s played with other ball handlers/play makers before like Wade and Kyrie, but never an elite pass first type primary ball handler. If he wants that in his next stage, I’m intrigued.
    I think for him, that's how he extends his career. Would it be so absurd to say that he wants to play 20+ years? And if he does the best way would be to find a place and a team where they wouldn't need you to be such the dominating player on every single play.

Forgot about Washington. They’ve always been lurking in the background of Boogie rumors too

Forgot about Washington. They’ve always been lurking in the background of Boogie rumors too
    If I had to make my guesses right now:

Paul George signs with the Lakers and doesn't wait.
    LeBron takes meetings with Cleveland, Houston, Lakers, Sixers in that order. Tries to see if a S&T to Houston can work, and when it can't he comes to Philly.
    Boogie gets a S&T to Washington.
    Kawhi gets talked about, but ends up agreeing to come back to San Antonio and signs the supermax.
    Avery Bradley returns to Boston.
    Orlando lets Aaron Gordon walk.

HOT TAKE MOVES:
    Demar DeRozen gets traded to the Lakers for Ingram and Hart.
    Chicago signs Marcus Smart to a huge offer sheet.
    Brooklyn makes a splash move in trading for Hasaan Whiteside.
    Carmelo Anthony opts in with OKC....to be bought out late summer. Joins the Nets or Knicks on a cheap deal.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast