Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperCover View Post
    Is there a way in which we can get Kawhi in a 3 team trade?

By keeping Fultz and Saric but offloading Cov, picks, TLC, Anderson etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is where the Fultz trade hurts us. We lose an asset (most likely the Kings pick) and still see a need in the same position after the trade. Having that pick back would help facilitate a trade for Kawhi easier without having to get rid of Fultz or saric. I don't see how the spurs take a deal from us without one of those guys included.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperCover View Post
    Is there a way in which we can get Kawhi in a 3 team trade?

By keeping Fultz and Saric but offloading Cov, picks, TLC, Anderson etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doubt it. Unless thereís a team that wants to rebuild and has something the Spurs really want and the plan is to just overload the third team with parts.

Iím thinking if SAS like Kemba, so you just want to lead them up with Saric, Covington, TLC, 26, 22nds; SAS get Kemba and 10; we get Kawhi and something from Char.

Or if they like Conley/MGasol and those teams want something similar. Overload Memphis with Covington, Korkmaz, Holmes, 10, 2 2nds; SAS get Conley/Gasol; we get Kawhi and future 1st from either team.

And this is why 3 team trades are hard to come by. Especially in this instance. You need the Spurs to want to get back a player that keeps them where they are, there needs to be a 3rd team with players that are good, but they want to move on from, and that team will also have to want to rebuild.

The other option is a team that wants to tweak and has a good player that they would be willing to move. Like:
    SAS Out: Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green
    SAS In: CJ McCullom, Justin Anderson, 26

Philly Out: Robert Covington, Furkan Korkmaz, Justin Anderson, Richaun Holmes, 10, 26
    Philly In: Kawhi Leonard, Al-Farouq Aminu

Portland out: CJ McCullom, Justin Anderson
    Portland in: Robert Covington, Furkan Korkmaz, Richaun Holmes, Danny Green, 10

I think salary wise that works out, teams get what they want in all of this. Rosters could look:
    SAS -
    PG Dejounte Murry - Patty Mills
    SG CJ McCullom - FA
    SF Rudy Gay - Justin Anderson
    PF LaMarcus Aldridge - Draft pick/FA
    C Pau Gasol - Draft pick/FA

Portland -
    PG Damian Lillard - ?
    SG Danny Green - Turner - Korkmaz
    SF Robert Covington - Mo Harkless - Turner
    PF Harkless - Holmes/Pick 10
    C Nurkic - Collins

Philly -
    PG Simmons - TJ
    SG Fultz - JJ (back from FA)
    SF Kawhi Leonard - Marco/Other FA
    PF Dario Saric - Al-Farouq Aminu
    C Joel Embiid - FA

But again, that hinges on Portland realizing that they need to breakup Lillard/CJ to work, and that they would rather have just a slew of long bodies and a pick to be what you need to build around Lillard. That would also hinge on Pops/RC wanting a guy like CJ, and that they could get even more out of him.
    Last edited by warfelg; 05-14-2018 at 08:22 AM.

PROCESSING

And to be honest here, I don't want to trade Fultz.

But when we want to talk about a situation where we trade for Kawhi, it's hard to imagine a situation where they don't try to make a run at asking for him in the trade. We can't talk about the hypothetical of making a move for Kawhi without discussing it.

And with that, I'm not going to let Fultz be the stopping force from a trade like that. Especially when it's something like Fultz/Cov/10. If this was pre-trade for Fultz, you would be laughing at the suggestion that 2017 pick, 2018 LAL pick, and 2019 Sac pick along with a player some call expendable could get you a top 5 NBA player. This is similar to a package a year or two ago people said couldn't get you Anthony Davis?

That and about 50 other things is why I wouldn't be eager to make the move, but if we whiff on LBJ/PG and Spurs wanna talk trade with us, I won't let it stop me from improving.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Iím gonna disagree just because I think Fultz can be a legit star, even with all he went through this year. So in my mind, you have a soon to be 20 year old potential star who you can keep AND still have the chance to add a Paul George or even LeBron James to play with Fultz, Simmons and Embiid.

In either George or LeBronís case but especially LeBron, youíd have a player with loads of experience and in LeBronís case loads of championship experience that he can use to help develop guys like Simmons, Fultz and Embiid.

I know people are worried about fit with LeBron and him wanting things a certain way. Broussard had an article about a week ago about LeBron wanting to play off the ball next year and that the only reason he hasnít wanted to until now, is because he has never played with anyone he trusted to play on the ball more than him. That would change with Ben Simmons.

Normally I donít put a lot of stock into intangibles, but LeBron is like a big brother to Simmons. Heís been giving him advice for a long time, theyíre represented by the same agent, they workout together in the off-season. How you could think theyíd clash on the court or that LeBron would do anything to harm Simmonsí development is beyond me. Heíd push Simmons, Embiid and Fultz to be the best they can possibly be, because he wants to win and maybe most importantly, he doesnít want to go through another season like this year. He doesnít want to have to carry a team for 82 games and a full post-season run. He wants to be able to trust his teammates to carry some responsibility. LeBronís a smart guy, maybe the smartest basketball player ever. He knows if he wants to continue to play at a high level he canít tax himself the way he has this year at his age.

If thereís a way to get LeBron to Philly, it needs to be done. If not, so be it. Look into PG or Kawhi or the next best thing.

But to me, you do what you need to do to keep the young core in tact and that includes Markelle Fultz. Iím not interested in Kawhi unless the other options are exhausted and even then, Iím doing what I can to not include any of Embiid, Simmons or Fultz in the deal.
    I'm not necessarily for trading Fultz as I'd rather see them get a PG or Lebron before trading for a star. Just saying that with such a limited sample on Fultz that if we were to treat him as a lottery ticket yet (which he is) he should hold similar value to if he was still just a first round selection and not the actual selection. If the Sixers just had the first overall and it wasn't attached to a name, I think we'd/you'd be less attached to who the selection actually was.

And since that selection hasn't played more than a handful of games at clearly sub-100%, it's hard to not count him as still valuable with the ability to part ways with him much easier.

He'd clearly be the focal point of a Kawhi trade no matter how you spin it.

On an aside, I actually really like the idea of just getting PG instead. Lebron number 1 but I'd back-up option be PG before a KL trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Was also kind of cool driving to the store and seeing this the other day.

I didn't take that picture but after I heard about it, I had to go see it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Wanted to bring up a new part of the conversation to the table. Letís say the Sixers are committed to adding a piece from the outside no matter what. And letís say we strike out on all 3 of the Plan A options - Lebron, George, Kawhi, but the Sixers still want to get another piece anyways.

What are the best Plan B options? I would start with star players from the teams that might be thinking of blowing things up.

- Portland: McCollum is a fit, possibly Lillard?
    - Washington: Beal first for sure
    - Toronto: Derozan is intriguing to play off Ben/Embiid, but Iím not a huge fan... Weíve been rumored for Lowry before as well
    - OKC: Iím not sure I would even want Westbrook, but if OKC would hear offers, do we make a call?

Thoughts on any of these options and what it would take to make a deal, or any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Wanted to bring up a new part of the conversation to the table. Letís say the Sixers are committed to adding a piece from the outside no matter what. And letís say we strike out on all 3 of the Plan A options - Lebron, George, Kawhi, but the Sixers still want to get another piece anyways.

What are the best Plan B options? I would start with star players from the teams that might be thinking of blowing things up.

- Toronto: Derozan is intriguing to play off Ben/Embiid, but Iím not a huge fan... Weíve been rumored for Lowry before as well
    - OKC: Iím not sure I would even want Westbrook, but if OKC would hear offers, do we make a call?

Thoughts on any of these options and what it would take to make a deal, or any other ideas?
    I would kick the tires on favors, and Wiggins if they giving something good to take him.

I think the way minny plays is bad. Thins ainít a good coach. I donít think brown could get 25 million out of Wiggins right away, but I think he could get him to buy in. A grow him there. Youíd be hoping for an oladipo jump. And victor credits Westbrook for his development. You didnít see it when he played beside him. Maybe butler will have similar impact on a removed Wiggins.

Send them cov and Bayless and another body for Wiggins and a first. I know itís risky. But thereís still high upside there. Wiggins and fultz in for cov and Redick really hikes level of athleticism.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 05-14-2018 at 11:08 PM.

If the sixers trade any of Simmons Embid saric Fultz they are stupid as hell, anybody who thinks Fultz or saric should be traded aint very bright either. Why get impatient just because we won 52 games? Had we won 35 game's there would be zero talk of trading our home grown talent and that's facts. Let these kids grow together they are clearly going to be special and breaking this up would be dumb. Get an actual free agent like paul George but do not break up this big 4 trying to expedite ****. Let it come naturally because itsw coming! Fultz game is very James harden like except he plays defense! He blocks shots az a guard too and he he's got everything we need on a 5 year rookie contract man. Just let the **** flow organically.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJoseph View Post
    If the sixers trade any of Simmons Embid saric Fultz they are stupid as hell, anybody who thinks Fultz or saric should be traded aint very bright either. Why get impatient just because we won 52 games? Had we won 35 game's there would be zero talk of trading our home grown talent and that's facts. Let these kids grow together they are clearly going to be special and breaking this up would be dumb. Get an actual free agent like paul George but do not break up this big 4 trying to expedite ****. Let it come naturally because itsw coming! Fultz game is very James harden like except he plays defense! He blocks shots az a guard too and he he's got everything we need on a 5 year rookie contract man. Just let the **** flow organically.
    Donít call people dumb for not agreeing with you.

SixerFan I said it before if we strike out on Lebron, PG13, and Kawhi( there are real possibilities that we will on all 3) I really like Devin Booker and CJ McCollum!

I believe PG13 WANTS to be in LA and that is where his heart is and that is fine. Lets face it NOT all players are about 'winning championships.'

I honestly don't even consider PG13 as an option for the Sixers.

Booker? No chance he becomes available

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post

I've been thinking about this a bit. What if we strike out on this offseason and don't get one of the big names available.

I'm going to start with I think if all 3 plan A options fall through, I think the target should be to build a really deep team. We have 2 possibly 3 stars. What could make us scarier outside of adding another star? Waves of players to throw at teams.

Looking at players likely to be traded:
    Kemba Walker - Don't want to because I think that they will want to unload a big contract with him, he wouldn't be a great fit with our players, and why want too much of a rebuild.

Nikola Vucevic - As long as it isn't an expensive deal in terms of what we have to send out, I would easily take him back for the 1 year left on his deal to play the bench 5 role. I know he's not a defender at the 5, but he's an offensive savant and can really keep us playing the same way when Embiid is out.

Jonas Valanciunas - Pass

Robin Lopez - I don't imagine it would take much and this is a very big yes from me. He's the perfect player to have as a backup to Embiid as he's a defense and rebounding center with offense coming second.

Hasaan Whiteside - Pass

Tyson Chandler - I hate that contract but he's a good target to have.

So according to articles we have $25mil in space (cap holds to fill out roster). So if we miss out on the Plan A guys I think my target this offseason would be to put out there on just getting a bunch of solid athletic players.

Bring back JJ Redick.
    Go after Derrick Favors as a bench 4/5 who's athletic. His offense isn't great but as a defender he can really bring some value.
    Try to get one of Jeff Green/Luc Richard Mbah a Moute/Jerami Grant as an athletic 3/4 player who can hit 3's and cut for you, along with some improved defense.
    Getting some athleticism and scoring on the bench, go for Will Barton/Tyreke Evans.
    I also wouldn't mind trying to screw with Ainge by offering Smart a 1+1 deal with big money in year 1.

So if we miss out on that Plan A group, I wouldn't mind seeing this shotgun approach, and see a depth chart with:
    Simmons - Fultz - TJ
    JJ - Evans - TLC
    Covington - Mbah a Moute - Pick #10
    Saric - Grant - Boldin
    Embiid - Favors - Holmes

---------------------------------------------------

I want to throw some of my own names out there:
    ~If Cleveland loses out on Bron, and he didn't come here, would you be willing to trade for KLove? Two years left on his contract at $24 mil and $25.5 mil. I don't imagine it would cost us much. His issue the last year and a half has been having to play center. He can play his more natural style with Simmons on ball and Embiid as the post big. He's also a good passer, good rebounder, and good spot up shooter.

~Part of me wonders with the Nuggets if they would move on from Wilson Chandler. I would really like him as a guy who's a close clone of RoCo. I think in this you would look at them as 'co-starters' and you ride with the one shooting better at the time, and let the other one come off the bench.

~I want to give you the ultimate "change of scenery" move as I think in this one we get the better offensive player and they get the better defensive player....Khris Middleton for Robert Covington. Here you just hope being with a better passer and rim protector just jumpstarts Khris Middleton and unlocks something new in him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't want to triple post, but there's growing rumors that KL is going to gut out one more year in San Antonio because his camp really wants him to have the super max. That's really beneficial to the Spurs too, because if he signs that, it means that his return value is much higher because you would have him under team control for longer and you know he'll be with you for a while.

PROCESSING

Mike Woodson is leaving LAC as their top defensive assistant coach. Considering thatís what Lloyd Pierce did for us, I hope thereís some interest in talking to him about the position.

PROCESSING

Before the offseason really heats up, I wanted to sneak a hypothetical in, using a time machine. Last draft it was rumored that we could have had Butler for the #3 pick. Looking at how the season transpired, would you rather:

A) Have Jimmy Butler, still have the Kings and Lakers picks, BUT no ability to go get Lebron, PG, etc. I'm pretty sure our cap situation wouldn't allow that, but for the sake of this hypothetical say that we cannot add another big name.
    OR
    B) Have Fultz, just the Lakers pick (most likely), BUT still have an ability to add Lebron, PG, etc.

I am leaning towards A, unfortunately, but they both have their positives and negatives.

A for sure. aint no one scoring on us with Butler and Embiid out there
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast