Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

2018 Offseason Roster/Transaction Thread

Use this thread for any discussions on the roster, individual players, depth chart, trade rumors, transactions, etc. throughout the offseason.

There's reports that options 1 and 2 are Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. However the team is still highly interested in LeBron, but I've heard that a pitch for him is just as much about learning how he's willing to fit in as it will be about us bringing him in.

PROCESSING

Iíd just be pretty pissed about trading Markelle before we even know what he is, even if itís for a player like Kawhi.

Iíd eventually get over it but I just hate the idea of trading a player after 18 NBA games.

I agree with this.

I want to see what he has. I saw enough flashes of pretty good play to want to see more.

I think with some more experience he might be something special

Even though I partially agree, if giving them Markelle means pairing Embiid, Simmons, and Kawhi, I'm not hesitating to do it. Especially if I get to keep Saric as a result.

PROCESSING

Getting Kawhi and not trading ben or jojo in 100% awesomeness. We overvalue guys that wear sixers uniforms way to quickly. People were in an uproar when we traded the rookie of the year and look how that turned out. People wanted to hold on to noel and okafor and look how that hurt us. Once you wait and see you lose leverage.

You all might laugh but I wouldnít mind bringing Noel back at the lowest price possible to be a rim protector off the bench.

Aside from that, though, Iíd rather ďoverrateĒ a young player who has less than 20 games of NBA experience than trade him away and watch him flourish elsewhere.

Trading Fultz this early has mistake written all over it. MCW was a rookie of the year but Markelle blows him out of the water in terms of talent and potential.

Iím not against trading for Kawhi but I donít like the idea of trading Fultz to get him. Kawhi would be number 3 on my wish list behind LeBron and George, because you need to trade for him to get him on top of signing him to a max extension. And if youth is your reason behind wanting Kawhi over the others, LeBron is significantly older, but heís friggin LeBron, and George is only a year older. Itís not like Kawhi is some 23 or 24 year old. Kawhi is the best defensively of the three, but the others are still really really good in that area.

For me Kawhi is last resort if you canít get one of LeBron or PG.

I like fultz. I donít want move him. But Kawhi is instant mvp candidate that developed under our coach. I prefer George but I think Kawhi would very much hit the ground running. I think there will be a lot more unplanned adjustments needed to get the most out of lebron.

My feelings on Fultz is no different than itíd be if this the Sixers traded the pick before they even made Fultz. Sans the extra year of control, Iím sure the Sixers couldíve offered the #1 overall last year plus extra for Kawhi if he was available. 18 games of Fultz and his potential still donít stop me from thinking heís expendable in a trade for a legit star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    My feelings on Fultz is no different than itíd be if this the Sixers traded the pick before they even made Fultz. Sans the extra year of control, Iím sure the Sixers couldíve offered the #1 overall last year plus extra for Kawhi if he was available. 18 games of Fultz and his potential still donít stop me from thinking heís expendable in a trade for a legit star.

Iím gonna disagree just because I think Fultz can be a legit star, even with all he went through this year. So in my mind, you have a soon to be 20 year old potential star who you can keep AND still have the chance to add a Paul George or even LeBron James to play with Fultz, Simmons and Embiid.

In either George or LeBronís case but especially LeBron, youíd have a player with loads of experience and in LeBronís case loads of championship experience that he can use to help develop guys like Simmons, Fultz and Embiid.

I know people are worried about fit with LeBron and him wanting things a certain way. Broussard had an article about a week ago about LeBron wanting to play off the ball next year and that the only reason he hasnít wanted to until now, is because he has never played with anyone he trusted to play on the ball more than him. That would change with Ben Simmons.

Normally I donít put a lot of stock into intangibles, but LeBron is like a big brother to Simmons. Heís been giving him advice for a long time, theyíre represented by the same agent, they workout together in the off-season. How you could think theyíd clash on the court or that LeBron would do anything to harm Simmonsí development is beyond me. Heíd push Simmons, Embiid and Fultz to be the best they can possibly be, because he wants to win and maybe most importantly, he doesnít want to go through another season like this year. He doesnít want to have to carry a team for 82 games and a full post-season run. He wants to be able to trust his teammates to carry some responsibility. LeBronís a smart guy, maybe the smartest basketball player ever. He knows if he wants to continue to play at a high level he canít tax himself the way he has this year at his age.

If thereís a way to get LeBron to Philly, it needs to be done. If not, so be it. Look into PG or Kawhi or the next best thing.

But to me, you do what you need to do to keep the young core in tact and that includes Markelle Fultz. Iím not interested in Kawhi unless the other options are exhausted and even then, Iím doing what I can to not include any of Embiid, Simmons or Fultz in the deal.

I really donít want to trade Fultz at all. 1) Youíre clearly selling Iow, 2) Itís Markelle Fultz!

But to entertain the idea of it - No one here has any idea what Fultzís trade value would even be right now. I have to imagine itís lower than any of us think. Thatís the tricky part. Coming up with trade ideas for him is shooting in the dark.

As for trading for Kawhi - Iím mostly for it. Trading valuable assets for him instead of signing a FA might not be ideal, but you still need to take a shot if thatís the best option on the table. Players like Kawhi Leonard, at his age, do not become available hardly ever.

From what Iíve read, we basically have a 2 year window to acquire a superstar from the outside to add to this core (if we want to go that route), because we wonít be able to afford one after Benís rookie deal is up. Itís this offseason or next offseason, and then things would get really tough financially. So in terms of top tier available superstars - Go out and try to get Lebron, George, or Kawhi this year while you can. If that fails - Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler in 2019. But who knows what happens between now and then. Maybe they sign extensions before they ever hit the open market. Beyond those guys, youíre likely looking at a big drop-off.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I really donít want to trade Fultz at all. 1) Youíre clearly selling Iow, 2) Itís Markelle Fultz!

But to entertain the idea of it - No one here has any idea what Fultzís trade value would even be right now. I have to imagine itís lower than any of us think. Thatís the tricky part. Coming up with trade ideas for him is shooting in the dark.

As for trading for Kawhi - Iím mostly for it. Trading valuable assets for him instead of signing a FA might not be ideal, but you still need to take a shot if thatís the best option on the table. Players like Kawhi Leonard, at his age, do not become available hardly ever.

From what Iíve read, we basically have a 2 year window to acquire a superstar from the outside to add to this core (if we want to go that route), because we wonít be able to afford one after Benís rookie deal is up. Itís this offseason or next offseason, and then things would get really tough financially. So in terms of top tier available superstars - Go out and try to get Lebron, George, or Kawhi this year while you can. If that fails - Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler in 2019. But who knows what happens between now and then. Maybe they sign extensions before they ever hit the open market. Beyond those guys, youíre likely looking at a big drop-off.
    Fultz could also be one of those guys youíre looking to add in a few years once heís developed a bit. We donít know.

IMO there are very few worse things than trading a young player well before heís developed and watching him develop and succeed elsewhere. Thatís a cheap asset you had in your possession and traded away.

Like you said, trading him now is selling low. So not only are you trading him, youíre likely adding assets to him you wouldnít have to otherwise. Thereís just not a lot of intelligence in a move like that IMO.

It's going to be a really interesting off season. In a way it really mirrors what BC sees as our window. I am really hesitant to deal either saric or fultz to get Kawhi. For one, I see some D Rose in Kawhi, but the main reason is that I see Dario as the selfless Kukoc of this team that needs no plays drawn up, and I see dealing fultz looking a lot like dealing a young harden to the rockets because it could haunt us. I hope we can address the glaring wing issue through PG or Lebron, otherwise be patient. Btw, I am a total hypocrite because no matter what my Sixers heart says, if we get Kawhi I will be all in on it. This really is the off-season of the "progress" after years of the process.

Need to be able to rival what Boston is doing, they are a legit problem for the. Next 5+ years

Agree with everyone else in that I don't want to trade either Fultz or Saric. If that is the case the easiest solution is to sign Lebron or PG. I know PG seems to be 3rd in order of want from most of us behind Lebron and Kawhi but he must be the best option in keeping the young core together. PG just scares me a little because I want to see so much more from him that I don't know if he capable of.

Is there a way in which we can get Kawhi in a 3 team trade?

By keeping Fultz and Saric but offloading Cov, picks, TLC, Anderson etc?

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast