Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I still think that LeBron team is better.



    Every Bron team is going to be better, even with great floor spacers with Curry, and a legit big. Bron is too much to handle.
    "Bron" is what his family and friends call him.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,763
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Team Curry:
    PG Steph Curry
    SG Andre Roberson (Non-Allstar)
    SF Kawhi Leonard (Former Allstar)
    PF Anthony Davis (Current Allstar)
    C Rudi Gobert (Non-Allstar)

    6th Man Eric Gordon

    Team James:
    PG Patrick Beverly (Non-Allstar)
    SG Marco Belinelli (Non-Allstar)
    SF LeBron James
    PF Al Horford (Current Allstar)
    C DeMarcus Cousins (Former Allstar)

    6th Man Lou Williams

    2 extremely even teams that it comes down to which team could mesh better.
    replace belli with cj mccollum. mccollum can play the kyrie role as the bail out guy.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    replace belli with cj mccollum. mccollum can play the kyrie role as the bail out guy.
    I honestly really considered it. I almost went JJ too. I basically favored a SG that can go unconscious from three.

    I guess to explain my thought process of developing that is I started with Curry as the backcourt player. What would be best for him, well that would be a lock down defender. I can sacrifice offense with that. So I went to an elite SG defensive player and ARob was the first one to mind. With Brons backcourt I didn’t need a dominating ball PG, and Beverly fits that with the added bonus of being a good defender and solid shooter. Since Roberson is terrible offensively, I don’t need a good defender at the SG, just someone who can defend. That gave me Beli/Redick.

    To stop LeBron at the 3, I needed an elite player. Enter Lawhi.

    For team LeBron I wanted his PF/C to be two interchangeable guys. Two guys that can defend and play offense from both spots. Both can be in the pick and roll, both can be in paint, both can shoot. That means with team Curry, I needed some defense at those two spots. Enter AD and The Stifle Tower. The added benefit from Gobert it attempting to make LeBron a jump shooter at the cost of having an offensive big. But Goberts offense is going to come from rebounding those 3’s and getting outbacks.

    The 6th man was honestly flip a coin but those were the two I was gonna go with.

    PROCESSING

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,141
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    For giggles-

    Rules: Must only pick ONE current Allstar, and can pick one former allstar. And the other 2 guys must be non-allstars.

    Can pick one bench player/6th man (must actually be a bench player)

    The current allstar CANNOT be James Harden or Kevin Durant

    And you CANNOT use the same players on the two respective rosters

    After you make your team, who do you think wins in a 7 game series?
    Team Steph

    Curry
    Booker
    Leonard
    Marc Gasol
    Davis

    Curry would require enough attention and get enough pick and rolls that his offensive spacing is insane. Leonard and Davis can lock up on defense, and this would be a lethal team. But it's totally loaded.

    Middelton
    Klay Thompson
    LeBron
    Tatum
    Gobert

    LeBron with floor spacers and a lockdown in the paint


    Curry's team is better, but I could probably swap the teams equally, and then Bron's team is better. Either way, one of my two teams is better than the other, regardless of the main player.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    66,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I still think that LeBron team is better.



    Every Bron team is going to be better, even with great floor spacers with Curry, and a legit big. Bron is too much to handle.
    Not really, he has been down in a series every year of his career at least 3-2. This has not been the case of any other top 10 player all time. That is not too much to handle and he also had peak Tim Duncan and led America to bronze medal. He is good for sure, but let's overrate him anymore.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    26,804
    If Curry is healthy, the answer is Curry. He's the dominant force that will allow other dominant forces beside him. He is the one that you can create the best team of all time around. You can't do that around LeBron. That is the truth.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,141
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Not really, he has been down in a series every year of his career at least 3-2. This has not been the case of any other top 10 player all time. That is not too much to handle and he also had peak Tim Duncan and led America to bronze medal. He is good for sure, but let's overrate him anymore.
    Probably because the playoffs are team successes, and not individual success.



    The rest of this is non-sense, and has been repeatedly pointed out to you. Like the bronze medal, gtfo here with that. You know he barely played and that was because AI chucked them out.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,203
    This process seems a bit subjective. To give it a little structure, I mock-drafted as Curry and LeBron who I thought would fit well following the rules. Curry won my coin toss:

    Team Curry
    • PG: Stephen Curry
    • SG: Donovan Mitchell (7)
    • SF: Gordon Hayward (3)
    • PF: Anthony Davis (1)
    • C: Rudy Gobert (5)

    Team LeBron
    • PG: C.J. McCollum (6)
    • SG: Klay Thompson (4)
    • SF: Kawhi Leonard (2)
    • PF: LeBron James
    • C: Clint Capela (8)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    66,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Probably because the playoffs are team successes, and not individual success.



    The rest of this is non-sense, and has been repeatedly pointed out to you. Like the bronze medal, gtfo here with that. You know he barely played and that was because AI chucked them out.
    Can't embarrass the U.S.A in the Olympics in Basketball and not get called out for it. Also got bronze medal in FIBA as well. Still doesn't change him being down 3-2 every year of his career in a series including 5 years in a row with HCA including 3 years in a row with HCA.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,141
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Can't embarrass the U.S.A in the Olympics in Basketball and not get called out for it. Also got bronze medal in FIBA as well. Still doesn't change him being down 3-2 every year of his career in a series including 5 years in a row with HCA including 3 years in a row with HCA.
    What on earth does being down 3-2 matter if you pull out the win?


    You reach more than anyone I've ever seen to dismiss LeBron

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,141
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    This process seems a bit subjective. To give it a little structure, I mock-drafted as Curry and LeBron who I thought would fit well following the rules. Curry won my coin toss:

    Team Curry
    • PG: Stephen Curry
    • SG: Donovan Mitchell (7)
    • SF: Gordon Hayward (3)
    • PF: Anthony Davis (1)
    • C: Rudy Gobert (5)

    Team LeBron
    • PG: C.J. McCollum (6)
    • SG: Klay Thompson (4)
    • SF: Kawhi Leonard (2)
    • PF: LeBron James
    • C: Clint Capela (8)
    That's a much better idea!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    66,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    What on earth does being down 3-2 matter if you pull out the win?


    You reach more than anyone I've ever seen to dismiss LeBron
    He doesn't that is the point. That just he has been down every year of his career in a series at least 3-2 and 5 years in a row with HCA including losing 3 years in a row with HCA. MJ for example was 24-0 in series with HCA, Kobe only lost twice with it, Russell once with it, Hakeem twice with it.
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 05-13-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    53,141
    lol

    Counting the Finals

    Michael Jordan is 119-60 in his playoff career (team total of course) - .665 career winning percentage
    LeBron James is 152-77 in his playoff career - .664 career winning percentage (this includes tonights loss), he was a .667% winning percentage prior to tonight's loss.


    In the other thread, you compared LeBron getting D Rose this year to Curry getting Durant.

    You just scream nonsense, for no reason.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,252
    Team LeBron

    PG: Mike Conley (non All-Star)
    SG: Khris Middleton (non All-Star)
    SF: Kawhi Leonard (former All-Star)
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Anthony Davis (current All-Star)

    6th Man: Manu Ginobili

    Team Curry

    PG: Stephen Curry
    SG: Donovan Mitchell (non All-Star)
    SF: Gordon Hayward (former All-Star)
    PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo (current All-Star)
    C: Rudy Gobert (non All-Star)

    6th man: Lou Williams

    Team LeBron destroys team Curry in 4 games.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-14-2018 at 03:14 AM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Team Curry

    PG Stephen Curry
    SG Marcus Smart (Non All Star)
    SF Kawhi Leonard (Former All Star)
    PF Anthony Davis (Current All Star)
    C Rudy Gobert (Non All Star)

    6th Man: Eric Gordon

    I put Smart next to Curry solely for the defensive purposes. Teams loaded with D to surround Curry. Leonard and Davis can also help carry the offensive load with Gordon off the bench.

    Team LeBron
    PG LeBron James
    SG JJ Redick (Non All Star)
    SF Jayson Tatum (Non All Star)
    PF DeMarcus Cousins (former All Star)
    C Joel Embiid (Current All Star)

    6th Man: Lou Williams

    LeBron runs the offense. He has 2 knock down 3 point shooters on the wing. He has a ton of size to match up with Curry's team. Embiid can also shoot from outside which opens up the middle for LBJ to drive.

    I'd pick Curry's team to win.

    City of Champions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •