Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    564

    Rank the current head coaches in the NBA

    1. Greg Popovich- spurs
    2. Brad Stevens- Celtics
    3. Steve Kerr - GSW
    4. Mike D'antoni- Rockets
    5. Quin Snyder- Jazz
    6. Doc Rivers- LAC
    7. Nate Mcmillan- Pacers
    8. Erik Spoelstra- Heat
    9. Buldenhozer- Hawks
    10. Terry Stotts- Portland
    11. Tom thib- Twolves
    12. Rick Carslie- mavs
    13. Dave Joerger- Kings
    14. Stan Van Gundy- Pistons
    15. Tyronne Lue- Cavs
    16. Dwane Casey- Raptors
    17. Luke Walton- Lakers
    18. Alvin Gentry- Pelicans
    19. Michael Malone- Nuggets
    20. Brett Brown- 76ers
    21. Billy Donovan- Thunder
    22. Fred Hoiberg- Bulls
    23. Kenny Atkinsons- Nets
    24. Scott Brooks- Wizards
    25. Frank Vogel- Orlando
    26. Jeff Hornacek- NY Knicks
    27. J Bickerstaff - Memphis
    28. Steve Cliffort Hornets
    29. Joe Prunty- Bucks
    30. Jay Triano- PHX

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    16,573
    Doc River is among the worst, not the best

    The elite group imo
    1) Greg Popovich
    2) Brad Stevens
    3) Steve Kerr
    4) Quin Snyder
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,177
    Are we certain thibs is still up there

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Are we certain thibs is still up there
    Inability to develop Wiggins, KAT into a defensive beast in the same way Noah was for the Bulls, and overplaying his players to where they have to sit ASG's to rest is a huge negative on his coaching career. I honestly think Thibs is ruining his players later on their career.

    Rose fell quick out of his prime.
    Noah was still young and got injured.
    Deng was a very good player and got injured.
    Jimmy Butler's been getting injured lately.

    It's only a matter of time for KAT. Wiggins just stands so he doesn't do anything anyways.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Are we certain thibs is still up there
    Not in the top half of the league

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,683
    I feel like Brett Brown should be higher, he deserves some credit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,261
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles:32341601
    I feel like Brett Brown should be higher, he deserves some credit.
    He's so underappreciated and fans feel that he's the reason they lost when their leading ball handler can't shoot at all.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,209
    Lol at Brett Brown being 20. This is terrible.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I feel like Brett Brown should be higher, he deserves some credit.
    Agreed. I think Carlisle is probably top 10 as well and as mentioned Thibs should drop way more.

    It's really tough to make a list of coaches though imo, moreso than judging players

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Agreed. I think Carlisle is probably top 10 as well and as mentioned Thibs should drop way more.

    It's really tough to make a list of coaches though imo, moreso than judging players
    I put Brown lower on the list and he could come up next season. To me coaches that have a established winning record are prioritized over potential single one and done coaches. If you disagree feel free to try making a list yourself. It's really not easy at all.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Agreed. I think Carlisle is probably top 10 as well and as mentioned Thibs should drop way more.

    It's really tough to make a list of coaches though imo, moreso than judging players
    I put Brown lower on the list and he could come up next season. To me coaches that have a established winning record are prioritized over potential single one and done coaches. If you disagree feel free to try making a list yourself. It's really not easy at all.
    I agree, like I said judging coaches is harder IMO

    I feel like Walton over him goes against that reasoning though when it comes to Browns ranking. Overall him higher and thibs lower stood out as a couple guys I would have different for sure but thought the list was solid.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,202
    This season:
    1. Greg Popovich
    2. Brad Stevens
    3. Quinn Snyder
    4. Erik Spoelstra
    5. Steve Kerr

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,308
    Brad Stevens is the best in the league right now. Pop has the hardware, but the past few years have been all Stevens, the guy is as brilliant a coach as I've ever seen.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    1. Greg Popovich- spurs
    2. Brad Stevens- Celtics
    I have to say they're about 1a and 1b right now. The only thing putting Pop ahead of Stevens right now is his hardware. BUT what exactly is Pop without a top 5 NBA player? We don't know because he's never had that situation until this season when he had Kawhi for only 9 games. What product did he put out? A 7th ranked team in the West and a quick round 1 exit. I would say Stevens had a worse roster in 2015 and yielded the same results (8th seed and swept by CLE round 1). They're on even ground right now as far as I'm concerned with Stevens ready to leap Pop in the very near future.

    3. Steve Kerr - GSW
    4. Mike D'antoni- Rockets
    Obvious next 2. I agree here.

    5. Quin Snyder- Jazz
    6. Doc Rivers- LAC
    7. Nate Mcmillan- Pacers
    8. Erik Spoelstra- Heat
    9. Buldenhozer- Hawks
    10. Terry Stotts- Portland
    Here's where I start to disagree. Snyder definitely at #5. He's done an amazing job out there in Utah. Doc can't be this high. He has 1 championship in BOS with 3 HOF players on his roster. His teams underperformed until the big 3 fell apart to old age. He then goes to LAC where he lands in a fantastic spot, and once again underperforms. Oddly enough this season has been his best coaching job post Griffin trade. Keeping a roster full of average to slightly above average NBA player in competition for a playoff spot - only to once again fall short. I have him at #10. Spoelstra jumps up to #6. McMillen 7 (good), Buldenhozer 8, Stotts 10.


    11. Tom thib- Twolves
    12. Rick Carslie- mavs
    13. Dave Joerger- Kings
    14. Stan Van Gundy- Pistons
    15. Tyronne Lue- Cavs
    Dwane Casey has to be in this grouping. I have him at #11. Brett Brown #12. SVG #13. Gentry #14. Thibs #15. I can't put Thibs any higher than this. He just abuses his players. He gets results because he's defense focused and generally has good rosters - until they fall apart because he worked them to death and their careers start falling apart early. He does get results though so I can't drop him too low.

    16. Dwane Casey- Raptors
    17. Luke Walton- Lakers
    18. Alvin Gentry- Pelicans
    19. Michael Malone- Nuggets
    20. Brett Brown- 76ers
    Here I'm going Walton #16 (on the rise). Malone #17. Carslie #18. Joerger #19. Lue #20. Lue's numbers are great but let's face it, anyones would be with LeBron James on their roster. Lue is nothing more than a face and a place holder (because player coaches aren't a thing).


    21. Billy Donovan- Thunder
    22. Fred Hoiberg- Bulls
    23. Kenny Atkinsons- Nets
    24. Scott Brooks- Wizards
    25. Frank Vogel- Orlando
    26. Jeff Hornacek- NY Knicks
    27. J Bickerstaff - Memphis
    28. Steve Cliffort Hornets
    29. Joe Prunty- Bucks
    30. Jay Triano- PHX
    Atkinson I like but still needs to prove himself. The rest just flat out aren't great. Rank them however you want.

    For the record. I would have J Kidd ranked top 20. The Bucks screwed the pooch with that one.

    City of Champions

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I have to say they're about 1a and 1b right now. The only thing putting Pop ahead of Stevens right now is his hardware. BUT what exactly is Pop without a top 5 NBA player? We don't know because he's never had that situation until this season when he had Kawhi for only 9 games. What product did he put out? A 7th ranked team in the West and a quick round 1 exit. I would say Stevens had a worse roster in 2015 and yielded the same results (8th seed and swept by CLE round 1). They're on even ground right now as far as I'm concerned with Stevens ready to leap Pop in the very near future.
    He won a ring past TD/Parker/Manu's prime, before Kawhi was a top 5 player.

    PROCESSING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •