29. Joe Prunty- Bucks
    30. Jay Triano- PHX

Doc River is among the worst, not the best

The elite group imo
    1) Greg Popovich
    2) Brad Stevens
    3) Steve Kerr
    4) Quin Snyder
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Are we certain thibs is still up there

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Inability to develop Wiggins, KAT into a defensive beast in the same way Noah was for the Bulls, and overplaying his players to where they have to sit ASG's to rest is a huge negative on his coaching career. I honestly think Thibs is ruining his players later on their career.

Rose fell quick out of his prime.
    Noah was still young and got injured.
    Deng was a very good player and got injured.
    Jimmy Butler's been getting injured lately.

It's only a matter of time for KAT. Wiggins just stands so he doesn't do anything anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Not in the top half of the league

I feel like Brett Brown should be higher, he deserves some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles:32341601
    He's so underappreciated and fans feel that he's the reason they lost when their leading ball handler can't shoot at all.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Lol at Brett Brown being 20. This is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Agreed. I think Carlisle is probably top 10 as well and as mentioned Thibs should drop way more.

It's really tough to make a list of coaches though imo, moreso than judging players

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Agreed. I think Carlisle is probably top 10 as well and as mentioned Thibs should drop way more.

It's really tough to make a list of coaches though imo, moreso than judging players
    I put Brown lower on the list and he could come up next season. To me coaches that have a established winning record are prioritized over potential single one and done coaches. If you disagree feel free to try making a list yourself. It's really not easy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

I put Brown lower on the list and he could come up next season. To me coaches that have a established winning record are prioritized over potential single one and done coaches. If you disagree feel free to try making a list yourself. It's really not easy at all.
    I agree, like I said judging coaches is harder IMO

I feel like Walton over him goes against that reasoning though when it comes to Browns ranking. Overall him higher and thibs lower stood out as a couple guys I would have different for sure but thought the list was solid.

This season:
    1. Greg Popovich
    2. Brad Stevens
    3. Quinn Snyder
    4. Erik Spoelstra
    5. Steve Kerr

Brad Stevens is the best in the league right now. Pop has the hardware, but the past few years have been all Stevens, the guy is as brilliant a coach as I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    1. Greg Popovich- spurs
    2. Brad Stevens- Celtics
    I have to say they're about 1a and 1b right now. The only thing putting Pop ahead of Stevens right now is his hardware. BUT what exactly is Pop without a top 5 NBA player? We don't know because he's never had that situation until this season when he had Kawhi for only 9 games. What product did he put out? A 7th ranked team in the West and a quick round 1 exit. I would say Stevens had a worse roster in 2015 and yielded the same results (8th seed and swept by CLE round 1). They're on even ground right now as far as I'm concerned with Stevens ready to leap Pop in the very near future.

3. Steve Kerr - GSW
    4. Mike D'antoni- Rockets
    Obvious next 2. I agree here.

5. Quin Snyder- Jazz
    6. Doc Rivers- LAC
    7. Nate Mcmillan- Pacers
    8. Erik Spoelstra- Heat
    9. Buldenhozer- Hawks
    10. Terry Stotts- Portland
    Here's where I start to disagree. Snyder definitely at #5. He's done an amazing job out there in Utah. Doc can't be this high. He has 1 championship in BOS with 3 HOF players on his roster. His teams underperformed until the big 3 fell apart to old age. He then goes to LAC where he lands in a fantastic spot, and once again underperforms. Oddly enough this season has been his best coaching job post Griffin trade. Keeping a roster full of average to slightly above average NBA player in competition for a playoff spot - only to once again fall short. I have him at #10. Spoelstra jumps up to #6. McMillen 7 (good), Buldenhozer 8, Stotts 10.

11. Tom thib- Twolves
    12. Rick Carslie- mavs
    13. Dave Joerger- Kings
    14. Stan Van Gundy- Pistons
    15. Tyronne Lue- Cavs
    Dwane Casey has to be in this grouping. I have him at #11. Brett Brown #12. SVG #13. Gentry #14. Thibs #15. I can't put Thibs any higher than this. He just abuses his players. He gets results because he's defense focused and generally has good rosters - until they fall apart because he worked them to death and their careers start falling apart early. He does get results though so I can't drop him too low.

16. Dwane Casey- Raptors
    17. Luke Walton- Lakers
    18. Alvin Gentry- Pelicans
    19. Michael Malone- Nuggets
    20. Brett Brown- 76ers
    Here I'm going Walton #16 (on the rise). Malone #17. Carslie #18. Joerger #19. Lue #20. Lue's numbers are great but let's face it, anyones would be with LeBron James on their roster. Lue is nothing more than a face and a place holder (because player coaches aren't a thing).

21. Billy Donovan- Thunder
    22. Fred Hoiberg- Bulls
    23. Kenny Atkinsons- Nets
    24. Scott Brooks- Wizards
    25. Frank Vogel- Orlando
    26. Jeff Hornacek- NY Knicks
    27. J Bickerstaff - Memphis
    28. Steve Cliffort Hornets
    29. Joe Prunty- Bucks
    30. Jay Triano- PHX
    Atkinson I like but still needs to prove himself. The rest just flat out aren't great. Rank them however you want.

For the record. I would have J Kidd ranked top 20. The Bucks screwed the pooch with that one.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I have to say they're about 1a and 1b right now. The only thing putting Pop ahead of Stevens right now is his hardware. BUT what exactly is Pop without a top 5 NBA player? We don't know because he's never had that situation until this season when he had Kawhi for only 9 games. What product did he put out? A 7th ranked team in the West and a quick round 1 exit. I would say Stevens had a worse roster in 2015 and yielded the same results (8th seed and swept by CLE round 1). They're on even ground right now as far as I'm concerned with Stevens ready to leap Pop in the very near future.
    He won a ring past TD/Parker/Manu's prime, before Kawhi was a top 5 player.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast