• #6 pick

0 0%
  • TOP 5 PICK

6 37.50%
  • #9 PICK OR LATER

8 50.00%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    4-8 is out of play? I thought it was just an open lottery?
    Someone mentioned that we can either get 1-3 or 9 and later. I'm not sure how the formatting works.

There are only three balls drawn - As in the lottery is only for the top 3 picks. The rest falls in order with reverse standings. We have a 1.9% chance of getting the top pick or 6% chance of getting 1-3

Someone with less than 6% chance would need to win top 3 for us to drop 1 spot. This is highly unlikely, but for two teams to win top 3 with less than 6% chance each is a damn near statistical impossibility.

So realistically we are picking 9th, at worse 10th

Edit: % error fixed
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 05-15-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think teams would have a field day against Bamba and KP. It would be hard to score at the rim, but they'd be raining 3's all day.
    False, Bamba Guards 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think teams would have a field day against Bamba and KP. It would be hard to score at the rim, but they'd be raining 3's all day.
    Jackson has grown on me more and more but I have ayton, porter, bagley, doncic rated higher than him. However Jackson would be a nice fit as well. I'm really not sold on Carter at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    There are only three balls drawn - As in the lottery is only for the top 3 picks. The rest falls in order with reverse standings. We have a 1.9% chance of getting the top pick or 6% chance of getting 1-3

Someone with less than 6% chance would need to win top 3 for us to drop 1 spot. This is highly unlikely, but for two teams to win top 3 with less than 6% chance each is a damn near statistical impossibility.

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngOfNY View Post
    False, Bamba Guards 1-5
    Being able to switch is different than having to do it full time. Pairing him with KP would mean one of them would have to do it full time. It also means that you are taking one of them away from their biggest strength.

When it comes to picking players I'll leave that to the scouts. We were high on Monk and DSJ last year and Mitchel turned out to be the best player in the draft.

This draft to me is similar to last year's draft. I don't see a can't miss player in this draft, but a bunch of guys that could be Ok to Good players. I don't know which way our front office will lean towards. Do we take a chance on a high risk/ high reward player? or do we go with a safe pick and draft a guy that will at least be a rotational player?

To me Trey Young might be a sleeper in this draft. He's undersized, but very skilled. He'a a boom or bust though.

There is not a difference maker in this draft at 9. There are allot of decent roll players or guys thats a playoff teams could use to deepnen their bench.

With that being said the Knicks should present a trade to San Anotonio for Kwahi Leonard. With KP out Kwahi could be the player you build around especially not knowing the true status of KP moving forward. Also if KP wants and extension this year and not want to wait until 2019. We Kwahi is case KP decides to bolt.

If Kwahi comes other will consider us as well. As long as we keep out 2019 pick we'll be ok. Sign and Trade Kanter, Frank, and 9th pick for Kwahi and their 18th pick.

If the Knicks make the trade for Kwai, and get San Antonio's 18th pick. The Knicks can select Zhaire Smith with it, or Troy Brown, Gary Trent Jr, Anfernee Simmons. Kwahi and Zhaire Smith are 3D players and that would be a great start. Then in free agency sign Aaron Gordon.

PG Mudiay
    SG Zhaire Smith, with SanAntonio's 18th pick
    SF Kwahi Leonard
    PF Aaron Gordon
    C Austin Wiley with 37 pick

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    There is not a difference maker in this draft at 9. There are allot of decent roll players or guys thats a playoff teams could use to deepnen their bench.

With that being said the Knicks should present a trade to San Anotonio for Kwahi Leonard. With KP out Kwahi could be the player you build around especially not knowing the true status of KP moving forward. Also if KP wants and extension this year and not want to wait until 2019. We Kwahi is case KP decides to bolt.

If Kwahi comes other will consider us as well. As long as we keep out 2019 pick we'll be ok. Sign and Trade Kanter, Frank, and 9th pick for Kwahi and their 18th pick.
    If our front office thinks this is a weak draft then they should absolutely explore trading the pick and see whats out there. The pick has more value before it's used, so if you think these guys will all be role player then see what you can get for the pick. I wouldn't mind trading this years pick plus either Frank or a future 1st for Kawi. But I don't know if that will be enough honestly.

I rather keep the pick. But draft picks are overrated these days.

Since KP will be out most of next year, we're likely going to keep the pick because it will be another Tank year. Watch us end up with the worst record the first year they implement the new draft format.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post

Ahh. Thank you.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    If the Knicks make the trade for Kwai, and get San Antonio's 18th pick. The Knicks can select Zhaire Smith with it, or Troy Brown, Gary Trent Jr, Anfernee Simmons. Kwahi and Zhaire Smith are 3D players and that would be a great start. Then in free agency sign Aaron Gordon.

PG Mudiay
    SG Zhaire Smith, with SanAntonio's 18th pick
    SF Kwahi Leonard
    PF Aaron Gordon
    C Austin Wiley with 37 pick
    If we're making a trade for Kawhi, there won't be a swapping of picks lol

10. Keep the pick and draft Zhaire.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-15-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Silver needs to rig this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Silver needs to rig this thing.
    He did it for the Lakers, they got the #2 three years in a row instead of losing their picks. He did it for Cleveland when Lebron left, they got 3 #1 picks in 4 years. This would be the year to help the knicks. We've sucked for so long. Our only hope, KP, might be out for the year. It would really help the organization if we received a top 3 pick.

But it wont happen. The league hates Dolan. We'll probably fall back again. That's always their way of giving us a slap in the face. I expect us to fall back in this draft once again.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast