Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Leaving 50 million on the table? Wtf. I wonder if they're going to try to get this done before the start of next FA to try and pressure KD into taking less again
    ding ding ding....

and el douche (Draymond) also

Klay is a different kind of dude.

I also wonder how much he's going to earn in those years investing in the owners venture capital suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    ding ding ding....

and el douche (Draymond) also
    Draymond took a discount on his current contract too. I have no doubt he'll make big money I bet he takes a similar discount ... if Klay signs at those numbers anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Klay is a different kind of dude.

I also wonder how much he's going to earn in those years investing in the owners venture capital suggestions?
    If he is like his dad then yes... that was always the rap on his dad that he was to laid back coming from the Bahamas and why he never lived up to his number one draft position.

As a Laker fan he was very frustrating at times especially against teams like the Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Draymond took a discount on his current contract too. I have no doubt he'll make big money I bet he takes a similar discount ... if Klay signs at those numbers anyhow.
    we will see... I expect them all to take discounts but to be honest if they do it without opt outs and NTC's they are fools

The other thing that I think will be interesting is to see how the NBAPA reacts to it.... they don't like guys signing for less than their value.

Huge respect for Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Why would he sign for so little? He has already won go get paid!
    $120 million is getting paid....even if there is more out there, he is in a great spot.

I wouldn't leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    All I will say on this is that he needs to get a NTC or he is an idiot...

Additionally, he needs to get as many opt outs as possible as you never know what can happen with teams 6 years from now... that is a LONG commitment
    Curry reupped for 5 years, Im sure KD is signing a long term deal as well.

GSW GM Bob Meyers has a good relationship with the players. He's not savage like Ainge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    $120 million is getting paid....even if there is more out there, he is in a great spot.

I wouldn't leave it.
    The article says he's thinking about a 4 year 92 million. Which would be an epic deal for the warriors.

I suspect most of us on here have never made this type of money so it's impossible to fathom leaving that much on the table. He comes from money, has already signed for big money, has played a huge role in reshaping this franchise and is making very very good money off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Curry reupped for 5 years, Im sure KD is signing a long term deal as well.

GSW GM Bob Meyers has a good relationship with the players. He's not savage like Ainge.
    Myers use to be an agent as well which plays a role

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Why would he sign for so little? He has already won go get paid!
    LOL its become insanity when people are saying that he is signing for too little when his contract is for 24+ million a year.

Do you guys feel Klay is underrated or overrated? its weird cuz guys like Beal/McCollum/DeRozan are getting paid close to max deals but they aint superstars like a LeBron/KD. I feel Klay falls im that category as of Beal/McCollum but isnt a superstar but will still get paid like one even with the discount. Max deals are being thrown around like crazy and either the cap is going to increase dramatically or there will be an increase of teams being stuck with bad contracts.

Why even have a salary cap if your owner can just hook half of your salary up with his tech buddies? This **** is starting to ruin the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Why even have a salary cap if your owner can just hook half of your salary up with his tech buddies? This **** is starting to ruin the NBA.
    Ya the Warriors are the only team with rich owners with "tech buddies". What a dumb comment

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Amen. That man should be a lifelong Warrior not only because he wants to be, but because he deserves it. Heís done everything asked of him and has maximized his potential as a player. He needs to take a discount and I hope he understands that
    Lol he doesnít need to do anything other than whatís in the best interest of him and his family. If thatís taking a pay cut and staying in Oakland than so be it. But he doesnít need to take a discount. He has plenty of options.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast