Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Dwane Casey fired - Woj

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/994961105809235968

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
    Following Following @wojespn
    More
    Toronto has fired coach Dwane Casey, league source tells ESPN.

I feel kinda bad for him cuz he's easily the best coach we've ever had, but the playoff failures were so frustrating

I'm shocked to be honest. Hopefully the new hire can be successful, although I'm skeptical.

I'm alright with giving Stackhouse a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32339947
    I feel kinda bad for him cuz he's easily the best coach we've ever had, but the playoff failures were so frustrating
    Yeah I feel bad as well. I wanted him to succeed here. I didn't think the team look prepared in the Cavs series. Perhaps Masai felt the same way or maybe he just wants to see what this team can do with another coach before he breaks it up.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

First and foremost I want to thank coach Casey for giving us hope all these years and taking us this far. It’s never fun when your let go but he as well as all of us know that this business is all about getting it done. It was his time to go and massai knows he must start putting his prints into this team because heat is on him. I trust in massai to get us someone who may for the sake of all us fans break through to are two stars and change some bad habits.

A new voice is definitely welcomed and let’s see if he can somehow lands us a another stat player with trades. We need another player.

All the best to coach Casey. Best coach in raptors team history. Casey will be a HC with another nba team soon.

He did some great things for the franchise in the regular season but didn’t have what it takes to coach in the playoffs. I’d like to see Stackhouse, Budenholzer and Hammon interviewed.

Other than stackhouse who are some possible candidates 🤔

I wonder if JVG would consider the gig

About freaking time. Don't really care for regular season wins. This guy has been a failure in the playoffs and let's hope MU finds someone who is competent.

This likely is a indicator Masai will not do much with the roster.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'm shocked to be honest. Hopefully the new hire can be successful, although I'm skeptical.

I'm alright with giving Stackhouse a shot.
    word for word my feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

i wonder if this has much or anything to do with a rift between Demar and coach. i thought it was stupid that people even talked about it afterwards but players have egos and sometimes relationships have a breaking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i wonder if this has much or anything to do with a rift between Demar and coach. i thought it was stupid that people even talked about it afterwards but players have egos and sometimes relationships have a breaking point.
    Don’t forget last year about the Lowry/DC tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    If that's the reason they let him go, then that's stupid. A player shouldn't be able to dictate that. Especially a secondary star like DD.

3 strikes and you’re out

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast