Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins the series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors in 4

    1 3.03%
  • Warriors in 5

    13 39.39%
  • Warriors in 6

    11 33.33%
  • Warriors in 7

    1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 4

    0 0%
  • Rockets in 5

    1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 6

    1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 7

    5 15.15%
Page 48 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 3423
  1. #706
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Re-watching the game, CP3's physical "defense" is way over the line. I wish the refs would just call every foul on him for a game, he'd foul out in a quarter. And where is the outrage for CP3 getting in yet another nut shot?
    I forgot about this but was gonna point it out too, I was watching with buddies and didn't really get a great look. I like CP3 in general but not cool man, is there a replay of this?

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,060
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I forgot about this but was gonna point it out too, I was watching with buddies and didn't really get a great look. I like CP3 in general but not cool man, is there a replay of this?
    This one?


  3. #708
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,445
    I actually found it hillarious when chris paul was telling kd not to whine about calls and to keep playing.... LMAO didnt the clippers and chris paul lead the league in crying about calls for like 5 yrs. ESP when you watch and chris paul is legitimately fouling people and not being called for it every 10 seconds

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,836
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Nah it was Nasty and then a rockets fan also chimed in and agreed on Capella basically, Nasty didn't even deny it in his post above if you take a look he embraces it.
    I never said Capela is better than Klay, I said he is very comparable to both Draymond and Klay Iím the sense that they are specialized players and this year all perform that specialty at an elite level. Also similar in there are people who question if they could do it on their own as the man. Hence the whole idea of being a specialized player

    Youíre acting like this is outbof left field while all season analysts been saying they got a big 3
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-16-2018 at 02:03 AM.

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,836
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I honestly don't know what to tell you man, we have been through similar things before and you never see the logic. I think it is pretty clear why it is done and it is in retaliation to the hate. People know the season is over and complain about lack of parity etc etc (many taking it too far even I agree there but it doesn't mean some of it isn't true).

    You guys want to make it seem like they are wrong and this is awesome because you are fans of the team. You love it because you are on the winning end and the gap and parity just don't matter to you. Everyone else not liking it gets annoying or whatever and the players don't get the hype you think they deserve (like our disagreements) etc etc. to the point you want it to seem really close and impressive. This way everyone wins if it is close and there is adversity our players are therefore greater because of what they overcame instead of just clearly outclassing them as a team talent wise. Then it is exciting again and maybe people won't be so bored and you guys get more hype instead of hate etc.

    I honestly can't tell you exactly what specific reasons each of you choose to do it but I and many other posters from many other teams can obviously clearly see it being done on a regular basis.
    lol, whatever floats your boat

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,836
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    (like Valades post was in response to Nasty asking him for proof of Warriors fans talking about the Celtics which he provided from this thread)

    Again I started off in this thread not complaining and discussing multiple different aspects but happened to see some posts from Warriors fans and responded throughout in a similar manner. Your post was ridiculous bashing fans just because there team isn't as good as yours etc. when he was just giving Nasty some examples like asked for. Maybe you should just quit whining/crying that other people have opinions and are able/willing to back them up when called out, that might help you and other Warriors fans not be seen in such a poor light.
    lmao, not a single one of those posts pumped the celtics up as a team that will beat us, all they said is they could match up well because they play team ball, not iso ball. A well coached team that is versatile, can switch, change style of play and gets everyone involved is OBVIOUSLY a good matchup against us, and if lebron realizes that this offseason and makes a move that puts him in that situation then we may have a good challenger on our hands. As is, while the celtics have the right formula down and headed in the right direction, we are clearly superior to them

    So any team we are superior then we canít bring up anything about them they do better, or any possible way they could try and win?

    This has got to be the dumbest conversation I have engaged in on this forum, lol, seriously

    Youre obsessing too much, seriously, itís just a game of overgrown dudes putting a ball in a basket. Itís not gonna change anyoneís life on here
    *any way, itís all good, I think I musta walked into the middle of something, cuz none of what youíre saying makes any sense to me. Weíre on a sports forum talking about basketball, of course we will mention ways other teams can try and approach us and what advantages they have and how they could try and maximize those advantages, etc etc. if you think I have some sort of alternative agenda well then so be it, great
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-16-2018 at 02:19 AM.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    This one?

    Ok ya that was it, doesn't look like a nut shot but still cmon. Thanks

  8. #713
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lmao, not a single one of those posts pumped the celtics up as a team that will beat us, all they said is they could match up well because they play team ball, not iso ball. A well coached team that is versatile, can switch, change style of play and gets everyone involved is OBVIOUSLY a good matchup against us, and if lebron realizes that this offseason and makes a move that puts him in that situation then we may have a good challenger on our hands. As is, while the celtics have the right formula down and headed in the right direction, we are clearly superior to them

    So any team we are superior then we canít bring up anything about them they do better, or any possible way they could try and win?

    This has got to be the dumbest conversation I have engaged in on this forum, lol, seriously

    Youre obsessing too much, seriously, itís just a game of overgrown dudes putting a ball in a basket. Itís not gonna change anyoneís life on here
    *any way, itís all good, I think I musta walked into the middle of something, cuz none of what youíre saying makes any sense to me. Weíre on a sports forum talking about basketball, of course we will mention ways other teams can try and approach us and what advantages they have and how they could try and maximize those advantages, etc etc. if you think I have some sort of alternative agenda well then so be it, great
    I never said any of the stuff you are getting into at all, I just explained the situation of why he posted it. I personally don't have a major problem with what they said in a general sense and if I wanted to call them out for it I would have responded and gone in depth.

    You quite literally asked him who mentioned the celtics as a good matchup as if it wasn't any warriors fan and he provided posts proving he didn't make it up

    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Whoís saying it? Who brought up the celtics being a good matchup? Because I remember a celtics fan saying that.
    I never once said that saying they are a good matchup alone or have specific things going for them was some horrible thing lol again this is just you playing some weird game. I don't get it either man but for whatever reason you just are missing something in this whole thing, I agree. I just think you make some odd claims and ignore obvious evidence on a regular basis when it comes to specific things (like the Warriors). I think you go a bit crazy to make up weird arguments and side track from conversations on things I don't say like whatever this post is about instead of digging into my actual arguments and what I say. I don't think I am obsessing at all, I just come in here and respond to the crazy I have been seeing. I didn't even argue half the stuff you are trying to be mad about lol or say you can't have opinions on matchups/teams etc.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-16-2018 at 02:46 AM.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,836
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I never said any of the stuff you are getting into at all, I just explained the situation of why he posted it. I personally don't have a major problem with what they said in a general sense and if I wanted to call them out for it I would have responded and gone in depth.

    You quite literally asked him who mentioned the celtics as a good matchup as if it wasn't any warriors fan and he provided posts proving he didn't make it up



    I never once said that saying they are a good matchup alone or have specific things going for them was some horrible thing lol again this is just you playing some weird game. I don't get it either man but for whatever reason you just are missing something in this whole thing, I agree. I just think you make some odd claims and ignore obvious evidence on a regular basis when it comes to specific things (like the Warriors). I think you go a bit crazy to make up weird arguments and side track from conversations on things I don't say like whatever this post is about instead of digging into my actual arguments and what I say. I don't think I am obsessing at all, I just come in here and respond to the crazy I have been seeing. I didn't even argue half the stuff you are trying to be mad about lol or say you can't have opinions on matchups/teams etc.
    No, you (or whoever brought it up) are bringing it up in a whiny *** way, like tryina say oh you guys are now saying the celtics are on par with you. But thatís not what anyone is saying, the dubs fans bringing it up are saying it in a way that their style is like ours and can match up with us, not like oh pumping them up saying they are on par with us, or whatever it is you guys are complaining that dubs fans are doing

    Just a couple celtics fans were getting excited and saying oh this team might be better than warriors. Which is cool, whatever, if a team is playing great itís cool for their fans to get excited, same with Philly, I ainít hating on that. But no dubs fan is saying it in a way to overhype them

    As far as overall point, Iím just not understanding you then. I say something good about an opponent, you say I have some agenda, so thatís all Iím seeing and understanding. Itís fine man, I really donít care anymore, it is what it is
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-16-2018 at 03:17 AM.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,836
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ok ya that was it, doesn't look like a nut shot but still cmon. Thanks
    Was a butt shot, not a nut shot, lol

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,734
    Does State Farm cover Nuts & *** insurance?

  12. #717
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, you (or whoever brought it up) are bringing it up in a whiny *** way, like tryina say oh you guys are now saying the celtics are on par with you. But thatís not what anyone is saying, the dubs fans bringing it up are saying it in a way that their style is like ours and can match up with us, not like oh pumping them up saying they are on par with us, or whatever it is you guys are complaining that dubs fans are doing

    Just a couple celtics fans were getting excited and saying oh this team might be better than warriors. Which is cool, whatever, if a team is playing great itís cool for their fans to get excited, same with Philly, I ainít hating on that. But no dubs fan is saying it in a way to overhype them

    As far as overall point, Iím just not understanding you then. I say something good about an opponent, you say I have some agenda, so thatís all Iím seeing and understanding. Itís fine man, I really donít care anymore, it is what it is
    Again this has nothing to do with me or what I said lolol it's expanding on what I said had nothing to do with me. You specifically asked him who said "Celtics are great matchup" (or something similar) and he posted a couple examples as proof. That's it and I pointed out it was asked for and shown.

    I kinda feel like you must not read my posts or something, like I said this just happens on such a regular basis over and over again even right after pointing out it is happening. It is something unique to you that I just can't figure out tbh so ya like that other post mentioned I don't know what to tell you. I never said you have an agenda simply because you say one good thing about an opponent etc. either as far as I am aware...
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-16-2018 at 04:58 AM.

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,124
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Your generalizing a fan base from a handful of posters on the internet. It seems to me if a GS fan is confident, then they come off as arrogant and smug, if their complimentary or respectful then their hyperbolic or "underrating". They sound like *******s either way, I guess.

    Personally, I think the Warriors will steam roll anyone in the East but how do you dismiss a 65 win team thats beat up on them in the regular season. The Rockets have a stacked roster. 2 elite scorers with 3-4 very good role players and a stacked bench. Obviously the Warriors are favorites but give Houston some credit. It's been one game, and the Warriors have a habit of not showing up. Everyone on this Warriors roster has choked a way a championship at some point. If the Warriors aren't at their best, Rockets will make them pay.

    If your so annoyed and so assured of the outcome, why are you posting here or watching basketball for that matter? Your posts sound whiny and come off as sour grapes.
    Because the Warriors are clearly a better team. You say I sound whiny but it coukdnít be further from the truth. Iíve said this for a year because Warriors fans (yourself included) have kept perpetuating this delusion other teams (even the Rockets) are close to you or present a problem. They donít.

    Who are truly the whiny ones? The answer is Dubs fans who have continually been proven wrong about the difficulty other teams present them and complain about how everyone is saying theyíre so great.

    You should be happy the dubs are so much better than everyone else, so why are you whining and teying to convince anyone otherwise?

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I always think any team can lose, and the Celtics ARE more of a concern to me than the Cavs.
    A Cockroach is more of a concern to me than a Ladybug. But although one can be a bigger concern, neither are legitimate ones.

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So they are better. So what? They were better 2 years ago and lost. The best team doesn't always win.

    The Warriors beat the Mavs in 2007. The Warriors were CLEARLY not the better team, it was just a matchup thing. There were questions about how the Warriors would handle each opponent this offseason. Until those questions were answered they were valid issues to be concerned about.
    They were better but not so much better that matchups didnít matter, thatís what youíre not getting. Matchups matter vs this GS insofar as it determines whether the series is a sweep or 4/5 games. There is no team, regardless of how well they matchup with GS, in the league right now that can beat a healthy GS team because theyíre just not talented enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •