• Rockets in 5

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 6

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 7

5 15.15%
Page 47 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    You clearly donít remember Heat fans and Lakers fans from when you first signed up on here. Based on the Warriors dominance over the league and projected dominance, we could be much worse. A lot of the troll posters have since left the site. What remains of the Warriors fans on psd (and Iíll say this with conviction), are true fans of the NBA and die hard fans of the Warriors.
    Laker fans were the worst, can't think of another fan base that deserved their down time more

You clearly donít remember Heat fans and Lakers fans from when you first signed up on here. Based on the Warriors dominance over the league and projected dominance, we could be much worse. A lot of the troll posters have since left the site. What remains of the Warriors fans on psd (and Iíll say this with conviction), are true fans of the NBA and die hard fans of the Warriors.
    THANK YOU!!!!!

One thing I can stand being called is a bandwagon front runner. Also- anyone from warriors forum will tell you- I am as hard on the warriors screw ups as anybody..... and its only because I care

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    These are from this very thread last night. And these are two respected posters. But come on. The Celtics without their 2 best players are now a concern? Absurd.

First it was the Pelicans would be a problem. Then the Rockets, and now the Celtics. When will Gs fans stop underrating their team?
    I always think any team can lose, and the Celtics ARE more of a concern to me than the Cavs.

Re-watching the game, CP3's physical "defense" is way over the line. I wish the refs would just call every foul on him for a game, he'd foul out in a quarter. And where is the outrage for CP3 getting in yet another nut shot?

Yea I never thought the Pelicans were an issue. Regardless of having Steph but I agree with your statements.

The Celtics pose the largest threat to the Warriors outside of the Rockets. But itís almost like what dude said a few posts above. Dubs fans are damned if we do and damned if we donít. If we give another team credit, then weíre hedging (for some unknown reason), and if weíre confident, then weíre taking a **** on the league a la KD. Itís better to just sit back and enjoy the ships and let the fans of other teams pick up the pieces, take their balls home and wait for 2021-2030.
    Damned if you do, damned if you dont

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Oh my bad. This was a totally different situation then within this thread right before last game. It had no carry over. I generally am not talking about you or scoots anyway tbh which that post was referencing, just saw that part and thought it was referencing Nasty and my convo in here.

I bolded it in one of my previous posts but I do know some warriors posters can be reasonable it is just a few regulars on here generally speaking (tre and nasty so far to be specific within this thread and mygirlhatecod for kinda being a jerk in his post just now, I don't want to just generalize everyone together even if it happens/comes off that way at times). I just hate the hypocrisy/lack of logic in debates etc. at times followed up with the arrogent posts bragging after so often.
    No worries man. It's a thread. So many random thoughts being posted in here over several pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Laker fans were the worst, can't think of another fan base that deserved their down time more
    Amen to that

Yea I never thought the Pelicans were an issue. Regardless of having Steph but I agree with your statements.

The Celtics pose the largest threat to the Warriors outside of the Rockets. But itís almost like what dude said a few posts above. Dubs fans are damned if we do and damned if we donít. If we give another team credit, then weíre hedging (for some unknown reason), and if weíre confident, then weíre taking a **** on the league a la KD. Itís better to just sit back and enjoy the ships and let the fans of other teams pick up the pieces, take their balls home and wait for 2021-2030.
    Except Dubs fans need to realize there's a difference between giving them credit vs giving them a legitimate chance to win.

The Warriors right now are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. So praise every other team you want, but don't forget that the Warriors are still better.

Like I said, I've already seen it. First it was the Pelicans are a tough matchup, then it was well nobody thought they'd win for real. But it was the Rockets are just as good and this WCF will be epic, and now it's mostly yeah they're not good enough. And now I'm being told the Celtics are actually the team that matches up the best and has the best chance.

So what will the reasoning be when they also fail? Consider that Dubs fans seem to be dead wrong in virtually every prediction they make about how close these matchups will be. Why is that? Because of a need to make it seem like they're in any way challenged for their championships.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Except Dubs fans need to realize there's a difference between giving them credit vs giving them a legitimate chance to win.

The Warriors right now are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. So praise every other team you want, but don't forget that the Warriors are still better.

Like I said, I've already seen it. First it was the Pelicans are a tough matchup, then it was well nobody thought they'd win for real. But it was the Rockets are just as good and this WCF will be epic, and now it's mostly yeah they're not good enough. And now I'm being told the Celtics are actually the team that matches up the best and has the best chance.

So what will the reasoning be when they also fail? Consider that Dubs fans seem to be dead wrong in virtually every prediction they make about how close these matchups will be. Why is that? Because of a need to make it seem like they're in any way challenged for their championships.
    So they are better. So what? They were better 2 years ago and lost. The best team doesn't always win.

The Warriors beat the Mavs in 2007. The Warriors were CLEARLY not the better team, it was just a matchup thing. There were questions about how the Warriors would handle each opponent this offseason. Until those questions were answered they were valid issues to be concerned about.

Oh my bad. This was a totally different situation then within this thread right before last game. It had no carry over. I generally am not talking about you or scoots anyway tbh which that post was referencing, just saw that part and thought it was referencing Nasty and my convo in here.

I bolded it in one of my previous posts but I do know some warriors posters can be reasonable it is just a few regulars on here generally speaking (tre and nasty so far to be specific within this thread and mygirlhatecod for kinda being a jerk in his post just now, I don't want to just generalize everyone together even if it happens/comes off that way at times). I just hate the hypocrisy/lack of logic in debates etc. at times followed up with the arrogent posts bragging after so often.
    this thread is about the matchup not crying about the warriors or their fanbase. it gets crazy old. whats crazier is that it isnt really coming from rox fans. just a bunch of bitter people trying to troll.
    i fully expect nothing but a ship for the next 3 years barring injury. some teams are a challenge but im thinking more of it will take 5 or 6 games kinda challenge. its odd to me that you cant say a team presents a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So they are better. So what? They were better 2 years ago and lost. The best team doesn't always win.

The Warriors beat the Mavs in 2007. The Warriors were CLEARLY not the better team, it was just a matchup thing. There were questions about how the Warriors would handle each opponent this offseason. Until those questions were answered they were valid issues to be concerned about.
    A lot of it has to do with hype too. We watched the Warriors lose more games this seasons than they have in years. And we also saw Chris Paul lol go to James Hardens team and they beat the dubs 2 to 1 and won the # 1 seed. There is no question the Rockets stand a chance in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    this thread is about the matchup not crying about the warriors or their fanbase. it gets crazy old. whats crazier is that it isnt really coming from rox fans. just a bunch of bitter people trying to troll.
    i fully expect nothing but a ship for the next 3 years barring injury. some teams are a challenge but im thinking more of it will take 5 or 6 games kinda challenge. its odd to me that you cant say a team presents a challenge.
    This thread has had many tangents and often times it is responding to Warriors fans comments that leads to what you are talking about (like Valades post was in response to Nasty asking him for proof of Warriors fans talking about the Celtics which he provided from this thread)

Again I started off in this thread not complaining and discussing multiple different aspects but happened to see some posts from Warriors fans and responded throughout in a similar manner. Your post was ridiculous bashing fans just because there team isn't as good as yours etc. when he was just giving Nasty some examples like asked for. Maybe you should just quit whining/crying that other people have opinions and are able/willing to back them up when called out, that might help you and other Warriors fans not be seen in such a poor light.

Nah you misunderstand what I mean when I say that, not necessarily worse. I just haven't seen this type of weird game where you underrate your players in specific discussions like when comparing to Capela when a couple years ago he was the best SG in the league type thing (or if like in just a player ranking they are all time greats again). Warriors underdogs without Curry despite NO being without Cousins, clearly still inferior overall, and even homecourt Etc. etc.

It is just a completely different type of irrational/annoying/whatever you wanna call it posting I haven't really seen is what I am getting at. Doesn't mean worse it's just totally different than anything else where normally teams are within reach of each other and everything seems like a dogfight with both teams going at each other wanting to win instead of pretending its closer than reality with ridiculous comments/arguments. We haven't really ever seen a team/gap in the modern league created like GS either though so I guess it's just all new territory

This thread has had many tangents and often times it is responding to Warriors fans comments that leads to what you are talking about (like Valades post was in response to Nasty asking him for proof of Warriors fans talking about the Celtics which he provided from this thread)

Again I started off in this thread not complaining and discussing multiple different aspects but happened to see some posts from Warriors fans and responded throughout in a similar manner. Your post was ridiculous bashing fans just because there team isn't as good as yours etc. when he was just giving Nasty some examples like asked for. Maybe you should just quit whining/crying that other people have opinions and are able/willing to back them up when called out, that might help you and other Warriors fans not be seen in such a poor light.
    im ok with opinions but once you reiterate that opinion for over a year it becomes obnoxious. all i see is the bashing of the warriors and their fan base on here. i do it once and your feelings are hurt? that post wasnt just in response to valarde. it was more in response to the last 20+ pages of constant bitc hing.

Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    im ok with opinions but once you reiterate that opinion for over a year it becomes obnoxious. all i see is the bashing of the warriors and their fan base on here. i do it once and your feelings are hurt? that post wasnt just in response to valarde. it was more in response to the last 20+ pages of constant bitc hing.
    My feelings are just fine, I was just pointing out your comment as one of the best examples of what can be so annoying about GS fans.

You whining about others whining AND doing it to bash a random individual/his team for answering a GS fans request (when apparently it wasn't even at him) seems like a great, well thought out plan. I have no idea why people could ever think some GS fans have gotten so bad/annoying, shocker.