• Rockets in 5

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 6

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 7

5 15.15%
Page 44 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    They shoot that well because teams choose to leave him wide open, this is the 2nd year he has ever shot this well from 3 overall and is the first he made even 1 3 per game as well (wonder if the system plays a part in that?). That is the only reason he scores at that rate and the context of how is key, he can't attack or shoot over closeouts, his height isn't a huge advantage at all there because it isn't his game he just shoots when abandoned completely. Sure he can make you pay at an OK rate overall for that but he can't put the ball on the floor or attack a closeout etc. If you help in the lane and recover on him quick it's a great strategy to give help off someone who can't attack you.

Ok looked it up quickly, when a defender was within 2-4 feet it made up like 6% of his 3's and he shot 10%. When a defender was within 4-6 (this is like a lazy closeout level at best coming from the lane) he was 29.3% and it made up 36% of his 3's. The rest, over half, came with a defender 6+ feet away AKA not really closing out or completely abandoning him basically and he shot well on those.
    He garners little respect, it's almost as if tre wants us to think any player who isn't getting complete rondo treatment (another guy whos upped his efficiency from distance to levels no one cares when it comes to game planning) is equally adept at spacing the floor. Some guys shoot moutes percentage with actual attention placed on them

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    They shoot that well because teams choose to leave him wide open, this is the 2nd year he has ever shot this well from 3 overall and is the first he made even 1 3 per game as well (wonder if the system plays a part in that?). That is the only reason he scores at that rate and the context of how is key, he can't attack or shoot over closeouts, his height isn't a huge advantage at all there because it isn't his game he just shoots when abandoned completely. Sure he can make you pay at an OK rate overall for that but he can't put the ball on the floor or attack a closeout etc. If you help in the lane and recover on him quick it's a great strategy to give help off someone who can't attack you.

Ok looked it up quickly, when a defender was within 2-4 feet it made up like 6% of his 3's and he shot 10%. When a defender was within 4-6 (this is like a lazy closeout level at best coming from the lane) he was 29.3% and it made up 36% of his 3's. The rest, over half, came with a defender 6+ feet away AKA not really closing out or completely abandoning him basically and he shot well on those.
    Yes, he hits his open looks at a very respectable rate (or did before this shoulder injury). We're not saying he's Klay Thompson here. Go ahead and look up Iguodala and Draymond's shooting numbers this year now. That's the comparison here, not some actual dead eye shooter. The point is, we can stop pretending the Rockets are a team where you can leave guys wide open to help, while the Warriors are not. Hint: that's why Curry spent all game guarding Harden in total iso.
    It isn't just shooting alone that makes green not someone you help off though. That's the key is moute you can help off easily without consequence. At best he might hit completely wide open 3's at an ok rate that isn't threatening at all.

I mean I can go on if you want but the idea you can't leave moute and help in a similar way to green is crazy and I just don't get where you were going (again even mentioned height before etc as if he is shooting over people)

Yes, he hits his open looks at a very respectable rate (or did before this shoulder injury). We're not saying he's Klay Thompson here. Go ahead and look up Iguodala and Draymond's shooting numbers this year now. That's the comparison here, not some actual dead eye shooter. The point is, we can stop pretending the Rockets are a team where you can leave guys wide open to help, while the Warriors are not. Hint: that's why Curry spent all game guarding Harden in total iso.
    No he turns down open looks and only shoots when all options are exhausted and the opposing teams literally stop caring about him. Nobody gives a **** about your lazy teams rs numbers. Playoffs and prior history hold more weight for teams of this makeup

It isn't just shooting alone that makes green not someone you help off though. That's the key is moute you can help off easily without consequence. At best he might hit completely wide open 3's at an ok rate that isn't threatening at all.

I mean I can go on if you want but the idea you can't leave moute and help in a similar way to green is crazy and I just don't get where you were going (again even mentioned height before etc as if he is shooting over people)
    With the Rockets personnel it is actually a very viable game plan to help off of Green and Iguodala (yes, we know they can put it on the floor and are better overall players... More so Green obviously), but it at the very least is a viable strategy. One that has been used against us to varying success innumerable times, and rest assure one Dantoni will use in G2. If they are going to play 1v1, their EFFORT on D from Harden and Paul has to be far better, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He garners little respect, it's almost as if tre wants us to think any player who isn't getting complete rondo treatment (another guy whos upped his efficiency from distance to levels no one cares when it comes to game planning) is equally adept at spacing the floor. Some guys shoot moutes percentage with actual attention placed on them
    I just started looking at his ORPM past few years, OBPM, etc. always tend to be negative on that end. Poor efficiency player. I have like never heard of him as an offensive threat/weapon until this thread tbh and we are deep enough in his career I feel that's rare. He doesn't really space out at all and in general is the type of guy you look for to hide a player on etc. defensively but somehow now it's spacing at a Draymond level or something?

I dunno I am reading through last nights posts now to see more weird things and this type of stuff happened last year too. I have never seen a fan base act this way before tbh it is pretty crazy how extreme it gets

With the Rockets personnel it is actually a very viable game plan to help off of Green and Iguodala (yes, we know they can put it on the floor and are better overall players... More so Green obviously), but it at the very least is a viable strategy. One that has been used against us to varying success innumerable times, and rest assure one Dantoni will use in G2. If they are going to play 1v1, their EFFORT on D from Harden and Paul has to be far better, period.
    Ya sure given the extreme talent I agree leaving Dray and Iggy may be the best options. Green being left alone is still far different than Mbah Moute left alone though lol that isn't even remotely close is the point.

You want to have guys like Moute on the floor to hide and leave players to help while Green is a positive impact on that end you HAVE to leave due to the talent on GS.

Lol ok guys enjoy the day. Focus less on one of 7 36% 3pt shooters I brought up in a post where the point was that this is not a team you can sell out on (which, DING, is why the Warriors did not). It's a strategy that better suits Houston to sell out, period. Specifically as CP3 and Harden were far more easily exploited on D than anyone on GS.

We will see how the coaching adjusts in G2 though.

Yes it's a viable strategy. Just like sagging off moute. There's a reason the offense is geared away from him even when harden isos. He's a great last resort if left completely open I guess, which is how he makes his single 3 thatyou seemto think matters somuch

I just started looking at his ORPM past few years, OBPM, etc. always tend to be negative on that end. Poor efficiency player. I have like never heard of him as an offensive threat/weapon until this thread tbh and we are deep enough in his career I feel that's rare. He doesn't really space out at all and in general is the type of guy you look for to hide a player on etc. defensively but somehow now it's spacing at a Draymond level or something?

I dunno I am reading through last nights posts now to see more weird things and this type of stuff happened last year too. I have never seen a fan base act this way before tbh it is pretty crazy how extreme it gets
    Agreed, I saw him extensively last year. Teams literally treated him the way they have always treated our sad list of reclamation projects (from butler to Jeff green), they did not respect his jumper. The only difference was that he was by far the best defender and could hit his corner 3pter every now and again. That doesn't provide spacing, it takes volume and repetition for teams to play you like a shooter.

Lol ok guys enjoy the day. Focus less on one of 7 36% 3pt shooters I brought up in a post where the point was that this is not a team you can sell out on (which, DING, is why the Warriors did not). It's a strategy that better suits Houston to sell out, period. Specifically as CP3 and Harden were far more easily exploited on D than anyone on GS.

We will see how the coaching adjusts in G2 though.
    I find it sad how you applaud your team for not overlooking their opponent in the mf wcf ffs.

I disagree with your assessment of the game entirely, curry was equally chump, he just has superior backing behind him.

I've chronzd the **** outta this thread. Going for a swim but when i get back I don't want to hear none of this victimhood. Dubs are bullies, don't try to fru fru them up

Beautiful strategy on our part. Let harden get his, help off the other guy in the paint, donít leave 3 point shooters wide open

That is the exact formula of the Rox, and we didnít play into it. THey are designed to get multiple shooters into rhythm as harden breaks down a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    and when they called draymond for a foul just because ariza fell on a screen. It was no doubt a hard screen, but it wasnt illegal.... and people act like it was a flagrant just cuz its draymond.
    He flexed a bit on contact. Coulda went either way, but itís Draymond. You reap what you sow.

in regards to the play you mentioned. warriors gifted the rockets a free wide open 3 pointer to start the game.... so its even
    A Warrior ****s up his switch on the first play of the game and that equals the refs missing a call late in the game when one team is clawing back and it results in a wide open 3? Just more dog ****.

I'm hoping that this feeling is false, but after game 1, I'm a little worried about this series. The Rockets threw what they had at the Warriors, but it felt like the Warriors were never really worried (in particular in the 2nd half), and were toying around with the Rockets.

It's kinda similar to the feeling I got after Toronto lost game 1 to the Cavs, despite holding Lebron to non-lebron like numbers (as in he hit 1 3, and shot only 40% from the field). As much as I hoped I was wrong, we saw what happen during the subsequent week

Of course, Lebron has a history of beating up Toronto, and I don't know nearly as much about Houston as the Rockets fans would, so hopefully I'm off. After what a letdown the series were in the 2nd round (the longest series went 5 games), it'd be nice to see a couple longer series before the finals
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    'it felt like the Warriors were never really worried (in particular in the 2nd half), and were toying around with the Rockets.
    I think everyone got that feeling. Especially harden