0 0%
  • Rockets in 5

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 6

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 7

5 15.15%
Page 3 of 229 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    I say Houston can win this series provided if Harden steps up and he just goes off playing out of his mind game after game. Also a lot of this series depends on CP3 as well and if he comes through in the clutch then I can see them dethroning Golden State in the West particularly in this series. If these 2 step up then I guarantee they beat Golden State in 6 or 7 games if that.

Not to mention Houston is a much better team especially shooting it from 3 point range. If they do that and make their shots from that stripe there is no way GSW can beat them. Also if Houston get physical with their guys in the paint then Golden State I think will be rattled or get rattled fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I say Houston can win this series provided if Harden steps up and he just goes off playing out of his mind game after game. Also a lot of this series depends on CP3 as well and if he comes through in the clutch then I can see them dethroning Golden State in the West particularly in this series. If these 2 step up then I guarantee they beat Golden State in 6 or 7 games if that.

Not to mention Houston is a much better team especially shooting it from 3 point range. If they do that and make their shots from that stripe there is no way GSW can beat them. Also if Houston get physical with their guys in the paint then Golden State I think will be rattled or get rattled fast.
    Did you just say "Houston is a much better team especially shooting it from 3".

I think you're feeling your loins a bit here, because these are not thoughts grounded in reality.

Great previews and analysis by Zach Lowe:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-nba-playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Great previews and analysis by Zach Lowe:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-nba-playoffs

That's one of the better written espn articles I've read in awhile. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    GS should win in 5.

Things that I will be looking for is if Harden will just shut it down again mysteriously, when things get tough. And focusing on Cp3 will to fight.

Since I believe GS is the superior team, I will be focusing on the game within the game.
    Aren't you the guy who argued for a week that the earth was flat? You should probably be "focusing" on an astronomy textbook. #YourArgumentIsInvalid

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Aren't you the guy who argued for a week that the earth was flat? You should probably be "focusing" on an astronomy textbook. #YourArgumentIsInvalid
    I know of flat earthers who are astronomers and physicist alike, I know of a pilot who has to keep his belief to himself or he gets grounded. Contrary to popular opinion, it's not just the slack jawed yokels , there are idiots everywhere.

So here's a few points that I think will ultimately decide this series:

Interior D: Against Utah, Gobert's presence was a huge pain in the *** for Harden. When Gobert was off the floor, Harden could attack at will, and there was no one there to really contest shots. On the flip side, Capela has been the best shot blocker in the playoffs and will definitely be a problem for the Warriors when they try to attack the basket. Who is going to be that guy for Golden State? I'm not sure they have one, and it could give Harden, Paul, Gordon and Capela a lot of good looks around the rim. Advantage: Rockets

Transition D: Lowe's article highlighted this perfectly, but the Rockets just flat out suck at transition defense at times. They cannot stand around and watch missed baskets clank off the rim. They need to fight for the rebound, and everybody away from the ball needs to book it back on defense. If they don't the Warriors will destroy them. The Rockets can do this well on their end, but the Warriors are fare better equipped to handle that scenario defensively. Advantage: Warriors

Pace: Building on that last point, I think Golden State will want to play at a faster pace. They want to be constantly moving and pushing the ball up to get those famous Curry transition 3-pointers. The Rockets CAN play fast, but against Golden State, it behooves them to slow it down a bit. Force the Warriors to beat you in a half-court offensive game, where I think the Rockets have a real edge. Advantage: Warriors in a fast game; Rockets in a slow game.

Turnovers: In slowing down the pace and maximizing their possessions with this supercharged isolation offense this season, the Rockets have really limited their turnovers. In the playoffs, they're averaging an insane -4.6 turnover differential. The Warriors have cut down on their turnovers a bit, but the sheer amount of passing they do and their ball movement naturally is going to lead to more sloppy play. If the Rockets are turning the ball over 4-5 times less per game and getting 4-5 more shot attempts than the Warriors as a result, that's a pretty nice advantage over the course of a series. Advantage: Rockets

Offensive versatility: However, with a slower pace and more dependency on isolation comes less versatility. If Harden and Paul are having off nights and their shooters aren't hitting the open looks that Harden and Paul create for them, then they're going to go into some serious slumps. But the Warriors just have so many ways to beat you offensively. They can survive a bad night from Curry or Durant, and they can quit throwing screens and passes at you and just slow it down with Curry isolation or Durant in the post. Advantage: Warriors

Shooting: This one is too hard to give an edge to, because they're both elite shooting teams in very different ways. Golden State has the elite sharpshooters that force you defend 30 feet from the basket and know where they are at all times. Houston kills you with volume and stacking the floor with as many three-point weapons as possible. Unsurprisingly, the Rockets lead the league in 3-point attempts in the playoffs at nearly 40 a game. But surprisingly, they're shooting a higher percentage (35.3) than the Warriors (32.9). The first trend will continue, but I can't imagine the second one will. Advantage: Rockets in volume; Warriors in efficiency

The final four minutes: This is the point I keep coming back to as being the most important. There will be an ebb and flow to these games, but ultimately I think the games will be too intense and there will be too much back and forth for any one team to consistently get a huge edge on the scoreboard every night. And if the games are close, who wins in the final minutes? I said this in the other thread, but the Rockets have developed a knack for winning tight games in the final minutes because they do a good job maximizing their team's production while limiting their movement on the floor. Their players move the least on the floor of any team in the league, compared to a Warriors team that is constantly running screens on offense and moving the ball around. The Rockets' legs could be more rested for those final minutes. But there's something to be said for experience and having a sense of familiarity in those key moments, and the Warriors have that in spades. Advantage: Rockets in rest; Warriors in experience

X-Factors: For Houston, it's got to be Eric Gordon. When he's on fire, they're unstoppable. In the three games when scored at least 18 points in the playoffs, Houston won all three games by a minimum of 18 points. In the games where he's been a nonfactor or clanked just way too many shots, the Rockets have had to fight a lot more. He brings Steph Curry-esque factor of unguardability 30-feet from the basket.

For Golden State, I've got to think it's Draymond Green. His "jack of all trades" skillset means he'll have to do a little bit of everything for the Warriors. When he gets switched on Harden or Paul away from the basket, how he defends them will be incredibly important, especially with him so far from the rim. He's also going to be matched up against Capela, who has probably 4-5 inches on him, so how is he going to handle those famous Harden/Capela pick and roll alley oops? Then offensively, he'll probably be doing a lot of the ball handling, and the Rockets will be playing those passing lanes, so he has to limit his mistakes. Plus, the Warriors are much more dangerous if he's hitting 3-pointers and has to be guarded away from the basket. So, how Green handles all of these different roles he's going to have to play will be a huge key to the series.

Prediction: This Rockets team was built with the sole purpose of finding a way to beat the Warriors. Last year's team was gimmick; it was "shoot a zillion threes and hope you can make enough to beat anybody." This year, they're taking more threes, but this team is no gimmick. They get 48 minutes of elite point guard play, they maximize their possessions while minimizing their mistakes and (perhaps most importantly) they can switch everything on defense thanks to their squad of interchangeable perimeter defenders and defend at an extremely high level.

The Warriors have top end talent, they have the experience and they have a system that's proven to be elite. But sometimes series come down to matchups and will to win, and I think Houston has done enough with this roster to slow down that historic offense and is hungry enough to will themselves to win those close games in the fourth quarter, just like they did twice against the Warriors in the regular season.

Rockets in 7

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

For the sake of viewers as myself lets have a Warriors / Celts

or Rockets / Celts or Rockets / Cavs

but for the love of hoops lets not have a 4peat, especially seeing how Cavs got gentleman swept and now don't have a legit 3rd wheel who can do what Love did from that position, Korver can try but he wouldn't be enough

Cavs would probably get swept this time around, they could push Houston more to a possible max 7 games, though I doubt it but it would still be better to watch than a 4peat

For me my ideal Finals is Rockets/Celtics but honestly if it ends up Cavs/Rockets then I am happy either way...as long as the Warriors aren't there I could care less

He's also going to be matched up against Capela, who has probably 4-5 inches on him, so how is he going to handle those famous Harden/Capela pick and roll alley oops?
    Nut kicks. I hope Capella is ready.

Seriously though, great stuff MBT.

So here's a few points that I think will ultimately decide this series:

Interior D: Against Utah, Gobert's presence was a huge pain in the *** for Harden. When Gobert was off the floor, Harden could attack at will, and there was no one there to really contest shots. On the flip side, Capela has been the best shot blocker in the playoffs and will definitely be a problem for the Warriors when they try to attack the basket. Who is going to be that guy for Golden State? I'm not sure they have one, and it could give Harden, Paul, Gordon and Capela a lot of good looks around the rim. Advantage: Rockets

Transition D: Lowe's article highlighted this perfectly, but the Rockets just flat out suck at transition defense at times. They cannot stand around and watch missed baskets clank off the rim. They need to fight for the rebound, and everybody away from the ball needs to book it back on defense. If they don't the Warriors will destroy them. The Rockets can do this well on their end, but the Warriors are fare better equipped to handle that scenario defensively. Advantage: Warriors

Pace: Building on that last point, I think Golden State will want to play at a faster pace. They want to be constantly moving and pushing the ball up to get those famous Curry transition 3-pointers. The Rockets CAN play fast, but against Golden State, it behooves them to slow it down a bit. Force the Warriors to beat you in a half-court offensive game, where I think the Rockets have a real edge. Advantage: Warriors in a fast game; Rockets in a slow game.

Turnovers: In slowing down the pace and maximizing their possessions with this supercharged isolation offense this season, the Rockets have really limited their turnovers. In the playoffs, they're averaging an insane -4.6 turnover differential. The Warriors have cut down on their turnovers a bit, but the sheer amount of passing they do and their ball movement naturally is going to lead to more sloppy play. If the Rockets are turning the ball over 4-5 times less per game and getting 4-5 more shot attempts than the Warriors as a result, that's a pretty nice advantage over the course of a series. Advantage: Rockets

Offensive versatility: However, with a slower pace and more dependency on isolation comes less versatility. If Harden and Paul are having off nights and their shooters aren't hitting the open looks that Harden and Paul create for them, then they're going to go into some serious slumps. But the Warriors just have so many ways to beat you offensively. They can survive a bad night from Curry or Durant, and they can quit throwing screens and passes at you and just slow it down with Curry isolation or Durant in the post. Advantage: Warriors

Shooting: This one is too hard to give an edge to, because they're both elite shooting teams in very different ways. Golden State has the elite sharpshooters that force you defend 30 feet from the basket and know where they are at all times. Houston kills you with volume and stacking the floor with as many three-point weapons as possible. Unsurprisingly, the Rockets lead the league in 3-point attempts in the playoffs at nearly 40 a game. But surprisingly, they're shooting a higher percentage (35.3) than the Warriors (32.9). The first trend will continue, but I can't imagine the second one will. Advantage: Rockets in volume; Warriors in efficiency

The final four minutes: This is the point I keep coming back to as being the most important. There will be an ebb and flow to these games, but ultimately I think the games will be too intense and there will be too much back and forth for any one team to consistently get a huge edge on the scoreboard every night. And if the games are close, who wins in the final minutes? I said this in the other thread, but the Rockets have developed a knack for winning tight games in the final minutes because they do a good job maximizing their team's production while limiting their movement on the floor. Their players move the least on the floor of any team in the league, compared to a Warriors team that is constantly running screens on offense and moving the ball around. The Rockets' legs could be more rested for those final minutes. But there's something to be said for experience and having a sense of familiarity in those key moments, and the Warriors have that in spades. Advantage: Rockets in rest; Warriors in experience

X-Factors: For Houston, it's got to be Eric Gordon. When he's on fire, they're unstoppable. In the three games when scored at least 18 points in the playoffs, Houston won all three games by a minimum of 18 points. In the games where he's been a nonfactor or clanked just way too many shots, the Rockets have had to fight a lot more. He brings Steph Curry-esque factor of unguardability 30-feet from the basket.

For Golden State, I've got to think it's Draymond Green. His "jack of all trades" skillset means he'll have to do a little bit of everything for the Warriors. When he gets switched on Harden or Paul away from the basket, how he defends them will be incredibly important, especially with him so far from the rim. He's also going to be matched up against Capela, who has probably 4-5 inches on him, so how is he going to handle those famous Harden/Capela pick and roll alley oops? Then offensively, he'll probably be doing a lot of the ball handling, and the Rockets will be playing those passing lanes, so he has to limit his mistakes. Plus, the Warriors are much more dangerous if he's hitting 3-pointers and has to be guarded away from the basket. So, how Green handles all of these different roles he's going to have to play will be a huge key to the series.

Prediction: This Rockets team was built with the sole purpose of finding a way to beat the Warriors. Last year's team was gimmick; it was "shoot a zillion threes and hope you can make enough to beat anybody." This year, they're taking more threes, but this team is no gimmick. They get 48 minutes of elite point guard play, they maximize their possessions while minimizing their mistakes and (perhaps most importantly) they can switch everything on defense thanks to their squad of interchangeable perimeter defenders and defend at an extremely high level.

The Warriors have top end talent, they have the experience and they have a system that's proven to be elite. But sometimes series come down to matchups and will to win, and I think Houston has done enough with this roster to slow down that historic offense and is hungry enough to will themselves to win those close games in the fourth quarter, just like they did twice against the Warriors in the regular season.

Rockets in 7
    All of this is moot if James Harden does not show up and play at an MVP level. If he plays the way he did vs Utah, Warriors will beat them. Harden+CP3 need to play at an elite level because Curry+KD+Klay+Draymond are not going to disappoint 4/7 games.

Definitely moot

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Once again, not that the earth is flat (I don't know the true shape of the total land mass)... But the space we occupy in this land mass, isn't a globe shape. Basically it's bigger then you think or led to believe.

Also are you upset that I believe that GS is superior to a team you like? Because your comment doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.

Did I hurt your feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    For the sake of viewers as myself lets have a Warriors / Celts

or Rockets / Celts or Rockets / Cavs

but for the love of hoops lets not have a 4peat, especially seeing how Cavs got gentleman swept and now don't have a legit 3rd wheel who can do what Love did from that position, Korver can try but he wouldn't be enough

Cavs would probably get swept this time around, they could push Houston more to a possible max 7 games, though I doubt it but it would still be better to watch than a 4peat
    The best out come would be GS vs Lbj. What KD did, was just too much for anyone to overcome; by joint GS.

So Lbj shouldn't be punish for it, by letting a lesser quality team advance to the Finals. Lbj needs to make it to the Finals, and will get another L added to his overall Final record.

This will force him to run to another team again, and create an even more crazy team then GS. So it all works out at the end. Hopefully this leads to a lock out and a forced hard cap (150mil Hard Cap & no max contract limit).

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Rockets shock the world in 7...

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Once again, not that the earth is flat (I don't know the true shape of the total land mass)... But the space we occupy in this land mass, isn't a globe shape. Basically it's bigger then you think or led to believe.
    More info please. Maybe we agree. I believe that people think the world is far more crowded than it actually is, but that's very hard to measure.

Page 3 of 229 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast