1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 6

1 3.03%
  • Rockets in 7

5 15.15%
Page 227 of 229 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3423
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    He said that in response to D'Antoni saying the Rockets would have won the series if Paul played.
    Think Gordon was the one to say it, I may be wrong though.
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Think Gordon was the one to say it, I may be wrong though.
    They both did. Gordon to reporters. D'Antoni to KD for some reason. And Daryl Morey implicitly blamed the refs.

Spears noted that Kerr's comments were in response to Rockets coach Mike DíAntoni telling Kevin Durant during Game 7 that the series would have ended differently had Paul played the final two games. Houston guard Eric Gordon echoed similar sentiments after the season-ending loss.

"It sucks because you know you could win this series if we just had one more playmaker," Gordon said, via ESPN's Tim MacMahon. "If we had Chris, if he was out there, we'd have been playing on Thursday. It's just tough."
    Sad

He said that in response to D'Antoni saying the Rockets would have won the series if Paul played.
    Kerr ain't no punk, homie

He stay light weight thuggin
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

What a way to lose a game. You can't be more idiotic than the Rockets. "It's their game, you live and die by the 3, that's how they got there" NOOOO, you gotta have basketball IQ and change something if it's not working. If you are 0-20 on the last 3pt shots WHY ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP SHOOTING 3's 7 more times?

You go down there and look for contact or finishing at the rim, hell pull up a mid range jumpshot. Harden was awful as always. He is the MVP of the RS but it is due to team record, in the playoffs he was his usual self, especially in the last 2 games.

Shoot 11 3pt and made 3 for a 24%, at some point you just gotta stop shooting and do what you do best, penetrate and look for contact. That's your main game. He shoot more 3's than Curry and Thompson and made less than them. Can't win against a Lion if you are a Jaguar and fight like a Lion.
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

They both did. Gordon to reporters. D'Antoni to KD for some reason. And Daryl Morey implicitly blamed the refs.

Sad
    Yeah, it was so sad Iím wondering if Gordon cried in his car after the game and called the second best player in the game to come join them.

Oh wait, that was Draymond and Curry a few years back.

Sad.

I think the boring/disapointing part comes a lot from the injuries but also can make sense in an overall sense. You have to remember NBA fans who follow the sport crave a real good and/or competitive series on the way to a title a ton atm. Normally at least a couple series matter each year but this has been hyped up and made a huge deal because it was generally considered the one chance since this GS started to really be challenged.

So the injuries taking away some of that edge to the series and tbh GS looking very lacksadaisical/lazy early in games (as if they know itll be easy to turn on when they need to) all lead to a sloppy series where while they were pushed a bit in appearance it was against Harden/Capela/Eric Gordon which really shouldn't come close to "the best team ever".

Like it wasn't really a very impressive series at all for the Warriors as a whole but they still won due to talent AND CP3 being hurt. If they just won due to talent and playing sloppy at least there isn't that "but what if" and excuses. If they won due to maximizing their talent, fighting hard and playing at a high level throughout they probably win in 5-6 games but at least we watched greatness. I don't want to take away from them doing what they needed to do to win here, they are champions. It's just for the first time in two years we had a chance at a really competitive series to push GS to the limit and we saw lacksadaisical ball from them (at least in a couple 1 halfs) with injuries mixed in on the way to the outcome most expected.

I should note and make it more clear given how easy some get offended that I don't mean the Warriors played bad and won solely BS or anything.

Just that for what is considered an "all time great team" it wasn't very good either

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yeah, it was so sad Iím wondering if Gordon cried in his car after the game and called the second best player in the game to come join them.

Oh wait, that was Draymond and Curry a few years back.

Sad.
    Right, that will be them to Lebron. Let's see if they have the pull of Hall Of Famer Draymond Green.

Did Daryl Morey really try to make it about refs?! I get heís gotta stick up for the roster he put together for the sole purpose of beating the Warriors, but I really do wish people would be more self aware......Rockets have been the beneficiary of poor officiating all year long. Itís not a coincidence that weíve had like 3 different coaches this year alone ***** about the refs after HOU games.

Right, that will be them to Lebron. Let's see if they have the pull of Hall Of Famer Draymond Green.
    You mean Draymondís tears.

Also, the Rockets have never beat LeBron in the playoffs. And the Rockets donít have a title in the past few years. And the Rockets didnít just set the wins record. And LeBron wouldnít be leaving a mid-seed team, heíd be leaving a lottery team.

Other than that, totally comparable. :eye roll:

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I should note and make it more clear given how easy some get offended that I don't mean the Warriors played bad and won solely BS or anything.

Just that for what is considered an "all time great team" it wasn't very good either
    Holding an offense rated top 5 in offensive efficiency ALL TIME (~115 O rating) who were only held to under 100 8 times in 82 games to under 100 5 times out of 7 and a 104.9 Offensive rating. That's pretty All Time Great.

They also posted a 115 O rating against an elite D and out of bbref's "4 factors" (eFG%, Turnover%, Orebounding%, and Free Throws drawn rate), the only one the Warriors lost on was Free Throws drawn.

That said, yes, I would agree the Warriors could have played better.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    What a way to lose a game. You can't be more idiotic than the Rockets. "It's their game, you live and die by the 3, that's how they got there" NOOOO, you gotta have basketball IQ and change something if it's not working. If you are 0-20 on the last 3pt shots WHY ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP SHOOTING 3's 7 more times?

You go down there and look for contact or finishing at the rim, hell pull up a mid range jumpshot. Harden was awful as always. He is the MVP of the RS but it is due to team record, in the playoffs he was his usual self, especially in the last 2 games.

Shoot 11 3pt and made 3 for a 24%, at some point you just gotta stop shooting and do what you do best, penetrate and look for contact. That's your main game. He shoot more 3's than Curry and Thompson and made less than them. Can't win against a Lion if you are a Jaguar and fight like a Lion.
    I watched a video of the 27 straight missed 3's.

I swear, like most of them were contested shots from deep. I'd say of the first 20 or so, only two or three were actually open. The Rockets forced a bunch of bad shots.

After that, they got some open looks, but some were from deep. And at that point, they've already missed so many 3's and it's getting late in the game, I wouldn't be shocked if it became a mental hurdle to make just one.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

To me they played bad, like you say they are considered as one of the GOAT teams and for me they have been underperforming and their game has been sloppy.
    Miami HEAT

If Rockets want to win next year, CP3 can't be their second option or else he wont make it all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I watched a video of the 27 straight missed 3's.

I swear, like most of them were contested shots from deep. I'd say of the first 20 or so, only two or three were actually open. The Rockets forced a bunch of bad shots.

After that, they got some open looks, but some were from deep. And at that point, they've already missed so many 3's and it's getting late in the game, I wouldn't be shocked if it became a mental hurdle to make just one.
    Yeah that's another thing, they took a LOT of early 3's IDC if that's how you play, it's just not smart basketball.
    Miami HEAT