• Celtics in 5

3 11.11%
  • Celtics in 6

4 14.81%
  • Celtics in 7

4 14.81%
Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Loving Marcus Smart these playoffs.

I think hes played himself into a really nice 15m a year contract. Hes like a mini Draymond Green out there. He's sets the tone for the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    They have been a bit lucky these playoffs. The East is a lot weaker this year and Celtics have taken advantage of it.

Yes Boston has some wins against GSW and HOU, but that's the regular season. Wouldnt you say the Warriors are playing significantly better now in the playoffs?

76ers swept the Heat who is not very good at all.
    Swept the heat and had a ridiculous winning streak prior to that. Youíre basically saying thereís only 2 good teams in the entire league then... considering this ďbadĒ Cavs team swept the 1 seed.... essentially according to your logic, if Boston doesnít beat Golden State or Houston, they played a bunch of chumps and arenít worthy of the praise... thatís the only thing Iím disagreeing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Why does everyone keep saying the Heat got swept? 36 year old Wade carried them to a W, almost 2 but the refs were too much.
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

I think The Jazz could probably beat Celtics in a 7 game series if they had home court.

Cavs should be much better at home. Role players usually play a lot better. Celtic are not a rood road team this year. I could see Cavs evening it up to 2-2.

I think The Jazz could probably beat Celtics in a 7 game series if they had home court.
    I donít... but thatís besides the point... I donít think Utah is better than Cleveland or Philly for that matter

Do you think Celtics are going to keep Marcus Smart? I think hes going to get a nice deal somewhere.

Do you think Celtics are going to keep Marcus Smart? I think hes going to get a nice deal somewhere.
    Unfortunately I highly doubt it. Heíll get 14-17M per from someone... heíd have to take a significant discount

I'd like to thank the NBA for not suspending JR Smith. The Cs appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    yea thats dumb. If Horford got injured then, he would be Suspended.

I think he'll be back. Danny and Brad LOVE him, for obvious reasons. Unless a team is doling out $18+ mil he's likely going to stay. His cap hold is $13M which is about right value wise. He's a restricted Free Agent so Ainge can match any offer he receives. If Smart gets an offer for $13-15M, I think we match and he returns.

The odd man out is likely Marcus Morris. When Hayward returns to the starting lineup, Morris minutes will be virtually null.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Celtics dodged a bullet there
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

Boston become a underdog/finished team when Irving went down. Irving was the only real threat to Harden for MVP all season. The east teams tanked to get who they wanted in the playoffs while Boston fought for that second spot. With injuryís Boston was supposed to lose in the first.

Bucks have true elite star. They also had young help. Parker who will get paid and the QB Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe Vs Rozier was the deciding factor for Boston to pull it off. Brown out played everyone leading them in scoring.

Sixers have the scariest combo in the league. Simmons and Embiid. They have better coaches then Milwaukee and are deeper. Brown goes down and misses 2 games but Rozier carries over his hot streak and Tatum finally gets to the very top of the team and makes history 7 strait 20+ games in the playoffs. Horford defense was the deciding factor and gave Boston the edge they needed.

Brown is now back and leading the team in scoring again. Interestingly enough heís doing it off his offensive weaknesses(shooting). Smart has as many hustle plays as Draymond Green. The deciding factor will be Morris turning into a huge X Factor. Didnít see that coming at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Mostly to Love and Korver

Just bad offense. When I was watching the game last night I called it. LeBron came out guns a blazing and the rest of his team sat back and watched. Bron got hurt and went back into the locker room and Love and Korver stepped up for that short period of time. Once LeBron came back in he lost his aggressiveness but the entire team was sitting back waiting for him to take control again - he never did. This team is FAR too reliant on LeBron to just take over and facilitate everything. Korver was fire in the first half. Stevens made adjustments on him and he was effectively eliminated the second half. JR Smith has always been streaky but when he's playing on a team like this he's completely ineffective. He's been bad all series long

Nance can't play D. When he was in the game Stevens put Monroe in and basically posted him up until Lou took him back out.

A good defensive team vs. A bad defensive team. CLE ranked 29th in D and this series shows why. Celtics are the best defensive team in the NBA.
    Thanks for shedding some light. That's just plain sad that they were spectating LeBron. You gotta shoot to win in basketball, lol. And it can't just be LeBron. Interesting LBJ got hurt, so rare, glad he wasn't hurt-hurt. Other than that cramp in SA, he's like a damn terminator. Hopefully being at home will make this Cavs team come alive. They boast a lot of good shooting especially from deep when they actually want to shoot the ball other than LeBron. I see about Nance. Horford has been on a tear these playoffs! Maybe start Nance and see if he can counterbalance the bad defense with some jams. And I still don't understand not playing Clarkson.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I've never seen such an epic tank job in a contract year.

He went from a guy who should have been looking at a $14M+ deal to who the hell knows now. 1yr qualifying offer? That's what I'd leave it at if I was a GM. Horrible attitude.
    Yeah, weird. You'd think LeBron would take him aside and say "kid, what are you doing?" Hood went to Duke too, which usually breeds quality athletes. And he's a 4 year player, so it's even weirder all these choices he's made lately. Not like he's a rookie.

Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast