• Celtics in 5

3 11.11%
  • Celtics in 6

4 14.81%
  • Celtics in 7

4 14.81%
Page 43 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    True. You just wonder if Ainge's thinking is to package Rozier while his value is sky high and possibly Brown to bring Kawhi aboard. They're already close to gs fully healthy, but Kawhi puts them right there if not above gs
    Too much risk involved here when you already know what you have. If this team as currently constructed gets to the Finals. Why would we trade key components for a more expensive player with ? marks. I'd much rather bring back the same team and essentially add Kyrie, Gordon and an improved Tatum to a finals roster?

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Too few teams have cap space to just absorb contracts. On of the only ways that happens is if LAL whiff on Bron (who goes to Houston), Paul George (Philly), and Kawhi (doesn't get traded), and they want to make some moves by either bringing in players or picks.

And at that I think Cleveland is only doing that if it gets a great deal in the mix.

Otherwise Houston would have to carve out the space, which is going to mean renouncing Capella, which would be a mistake.
    Teams with $20+ Mil in practical cap space
    LAL
    CHI
    PHI
    ATL
    SAC
    DAL

Teams with $10+
    BRK
    ORL
    PHO
    UTA

Anderson is the tough one to get rid of but teams like ATL, DAL, SAC, CHI could all be players if they get assets along with him. The next $8M could be shed to any above mentioned team.

Plenty of options for HOU.

You renounce Capella for LBJ every day of the week. Their compete window is now. Capella has been great no doubt and has a bright future. But essentially trading Capella for LeBron puts them GS territory immediately. Capella does not. If they beat GS this year - well throw it all out the window and they'll stay the course.

They do have an avenue to chase LBJ without renouncing Capella as well.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Teams with $20+ Mil in practical cap space
    LAL
    CHI
    PHI
    ATL
    SAC
    DAL

Teams with $10+
    BRK
    ORL
    PHO
    UTA

Anderson is the tough one to get rid of but teams like ATL, DAL, SAC, CHI could all be players if they get assets along with him. The next $8M could be shed to any above mentioned team.

Plenty of options for HOU.

You renounce Capella for LBJ every day of the week. Their compete window is now. Capella has been great no doubt and has a bright future. But essentially trading Capella for LeBron puts them GS territory immediately. Capella does not. If they beat GS this year - well throw it all out the window and they'll stay the course.

They do have an avenue to chase LBJ without renouncing Capella as well.
    I didnt the Rockets had any assets left.

Ball movement + Team Defense + Length & Athleticism + Toughness + Pride = Boston Celtics

They are honestly the best matchup for the Warriors. Different style of play than the Rockets but would work better against GSW

Styles make fights. And I hope Boston can put Cleveland away

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Ball movement + Team Defense + Length & Athleticism + Toughness + Pride = Boston Celtics

They are honestly the best matchup for the Warriors. Different style of play than the Rockets but would work better against GSW

Styles make fights. And I hope Boston can put Cleveland away
    I really like the way we match up against GS. They're still favored but I think we match up with them better than anyone

Rozier - Curry
    Brown - Thompson
    Tatum - Iguodala
    Horford - Durant
    Morris- Green

On paper you'd say GS wins each of those individual matchups but our guys can make it difficult in each of those matchups. And we can switch easily without mismatch.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post
    That's the issue. They don't have much to attach to Anderson to move him. That's what they struggled with last year.

PROCESSING

If Boston doesnít win 1 in Cleveland theyíll lose the series.
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post
    They can trade for assets

My ideal offseason if I'm the HOU GM

Trade Gordon for a pick
    Trade Tucker for a pick

Use picks to package with Anderson and dump him with Qi.

Renounce everyone but Capella

That leaves
    Harden
    Hilario
    Onauku

On the roster accounting for $42.6M in roster cap + $7.5M roster charge for incomplete roster charges. On a $101M cap they'd have $51M to bring in LeBron and CP3 back. They can then go over the cap to re-sign Capella

The rest of the roster would have to be minimum contracts plus an exception to use on a larger deal

CP3
    Harden
    LeBron
    Hilario
    Capella

6th man MLE player

City of Champions

Looks like you aren't accounting for cap holds on CP3 and Capella. That also does not get past the GSW.

PROCESSING

Rodney Hood sucks

Jordan Clarkson should be playing more minutes. Hell, I think he should be starting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Love how brown gets hit with a hard screen and gets up and scores the announcers call him out for the quick recovery lmao

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Van Gundy was all over that one

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Looks like you aren't accounting for cap holds on CP3 and Capella. That also does not get past the GSW.
    Yeah, but you could feasibly renounce Paul's cap hold, and Capela's cap hold is only like $7 million. If you cleaned house and got rid of everything but Harden, Nene and Capela's cap hold, you'd be sitting at $41.07 million. Assuming the cap conservatively goes up to something like $105 million, that would give them nearly $64 million to sign both Paul and Lebron, and they could still go over the cap to keep Capela.

But then the problem is that they'd have five players at somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 million with no Ariza, Tucker, Gordon or Mbah a Moute. But maybe they could convince Ariza and/or Mbah a Moute to sign for the veteran minimum this year, or they could feasibly keep Tucker, but that's like $8 million less that they'd have to sign Paul and Lebron.

There's a ton of "ifs" in this scenario, but it's not completely impossible. And I do think you could build a team around those four core guys that would be good enough to beat Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

I accounted for cap hold on Capella ($7M). If CP3 re-signs for less than his cap number there's no need to account for his cap hold.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I really like the way we match up against GS. They're still favored but I think we match up with them better than anyone

Rozier - Curry
    Brown - Thompson
    Tatum - Iguodala
    Horford - Durant
    Morris- Green

On paper you'd say GS wins each of those individual matchups but our guys can make it difficult in each of those matchups. And we can switch easily without mismatch.
    Highly doubt Morris wouldn't be guarding Durant

ECF: Boston Celtics [2] vs. Cleveland Cavaliers [4] Celtics lead 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, but you could feasibly renounce Paul's cap hold, and Capela's cap hold is only like $7 million. If you cleaned house and got rid of everything but Harden, Nene and Capela's cap hold, you'd be sitting at $41.07 million. Assuming the cap conservatively goes up to something like $105 million, that would give them nearly $64 million to sign both Paul and Lebron, and they could still go over the cap to keep Capela.

But then the problem is that they'd have five players at somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 million with no Ariza, Tucker, Gordon or Mbah a Moute. But maybe they could convince Ariza and/or Mbah a Moute to sign for the veteran minimum this year, or they could feasibly keep Tucker, but that's like $8 million less that they'd have to sign Paul and Lebron.

There's a ton of "ifs" in this scenario, but it's not completely impossible. And I do think you could build a team around those four core guys that would be good enough to beat Golden State.
    Not saying itís impossible. Just it would take quite a lot to get it done.

Where the issue lies is depth. And itís why I think a situation like that would be very tough. Just clearing the cap space alone is going to take a ton of work.

Itís why I initially said sign and trade, as opposed to outright sign.
    Last edited by warfelg; 05-16-2018 at 10:53 AM.

PROCESSING

Page 43 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast