Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team wins this series?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston Rockets

1 50.00%
  • Golden State Warriors

1 50.00%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Well at least D'antoni tried to keep them fresh by playing Joe and Ryan but they still were winded. Like EDU said Ariza had no energy to hit threes. They all seemed to give it their all for the most part. Harden played some of the best D I've seen from him. I don't feel like he played terrible but he wasn't close to good enough. He still hasn't won me over yet. Man this sucks, I might boycott the Finals. I hope the offseason thread is humming bc it's gonna be a chore waiting for next season. Especially with another seemingly boring draft

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Before I go to bed, I just have to say a couple of things about PJ Tucker. Might be my favorite Rockets players currently on the roster. You know exactly what he can and what he can't do, and he always brings it. Plays hard all the time. And he fits every matchup. Couldn't be any more happier with his signing. He's going to be very fun to watch for the next 3 seasons.
    Believe me I'm right there with you. Liked him in Toronto but fell in love with him in Houston. My only gripe is he makes some beheaded errors sometimes. But you can tell every defensive assignment and box out really matters to him. He very well might be traded if we're going to make a move on Lebron or another max type player. I'm not sure Morey will sit idle and go into nest season with the same roster. Although I'd like to give it another go.

Another guy that "fingers crossed"might have (helped us) hurt his value in this series is Capela. He didn't dominate the glass against the smaller lineups like he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by IZaidan View Post
    Believe me I'm right there with you. Liked him in Toronto but fell in love with him in Houston. My only gripe is he makes some beheaded errors sometimes. But you can tell every defensive assignment and box out really matters to him. He very well might be traded if we're going to make a move on Lebron or another max type player. I'm not sure Morey will sit idle and go into nest season with the same roster. Although I'd like to give it another go.

Another guy that "fingers crossed"might have (helped us) hurt his value in this series is Capela. He didn't dominate the glass against the smaller lineups like he should have.
    Capela is a nice big guy but he gets played off the court too often in the modern NBA. Would much rather have a Draymond type big guy than Capela.

Capela value didnít go down this series. He just had a bad matchup

Well at least D'antoni tried to keep them fresh by playing Joe and Ryan but they still were winded. Like EDU said Ariza had no energy to hit threes. They all seemed to give it their all for the most part. Harden played some of the best D I've seen from him. I don't feel like he played terrible but he wasn't close to good enough. He still hasn't won me over yet. Man this sucks, I might boycott the Finals. I hope the offseason thread is humming bc it's gonna be a chore waiting for next season. Especially with another seemingly boring draft
    Maybe there was just no way to beat the Warriors without Paul. Guys played their hearts out on the defensive end, and looked completely out of gas offensively. I don't know if you can play 40 minutes and give 100% on both ends. They came close, though, and that's all you can ask for them.

Yeah, I mean, he's a limited player. If he didn't make those mistakes, he would be making more then $8M a year. The guy's also 6'5". He plays bigger than that, but sometimes, you just can't overcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Capela is a nice big guy but he gets played off the court too often in the modern NBA. Would much rather have a Draymond type big guy than Capela.
    Yeah, me too. I'd love to sign a Defensive Player of the Year level player that can run the offense with the MLE. Unfortunately, those players don't grow on threes. And the Rockets kind of have their hands tied with Capela. They either re-sign him with Bird rights, or they just can't replace him because they won't have cap space.

As a side note, not saying he should be an option for the Rockets or anything, watching guys like Looney and Bell flourishing for the Warriors, I started to wonder where the hell is Terrence Jones. He looks like he could be a perfect fit playing center in today's NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Capela value didnít go down this series. He just had a bad matchup
    I don't think it was a matchup problem, really. And with the way Capela has developed defending perimeter players, I don't even think Capela has bad matchups anymore.

It's just that Green is that good of a defender. He defended the PnR perfectly all by himself all series long.

If Iím Terrence Jones, Iím telling the Warriors Iíll sign for the vet min in a heart beat. Or the Spurs.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314