Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Gun to my head, I think this scenario is also the most likely. That being said, getting Lebron or Paul George wouldn't be as hard as you're making it out to be. For example, Morey could feasibly trade for Lebron or PG without moving Ryno at all. You combine the contracts of Gordon, Tucker, Nene and Onuaku and multiply it by 1.25 percent and you get very close to Paul George's max and very close to Lebron's.
    Well.....you would have to do that without bringing back any money.

You would also have to renounce cap holds.
    CP3 - $35,350,000
    Ariza - $12,868634
    Capela - $7,003,585
    Black - $3,948,000
    Jackson - $1,578,242
    Greeg, Johnson, Moute - $1,544,951

Those holds + Ryno + Harden + incomplete roster charge ($4,159,635) = $120, 386,349

So renounce everyone but CP3 and CP3 Hold + Harden + Ryno + concomplete roster charge = $96,176,524

So it would take a way to move Ryno to create the space and lose everyone else.

Now, I would hate to see that, personally. I love EG and Tucker, and losing them both would suck. But they could make that move and still bring back Capela, Ariza and other role players like Green and Mbah a Moute.
    Feasibly they could, but that would require some guys taking pay cuts IMO. Of course with Ariza, Green, Mbah a Moute could come back in some exceptions.

As for the sign and trade with Capela and Jordan, I don't think that makes any sense either and I'm not sure who would be dumb enough to suggest it. What I think is more likely is that Capela would sign a max offer sheet somewhere else and Morey would pass on matching it (only if they end up adding Lebron or PG). Then they could go and sign Jordan to a contract at a discount in free agency. Jordan has made his money and is a Houston native; I could see him signing for the MLE to play with CP3 again in his hometown.
    I can't see him going down to a MLE, because I could see the Lakers offering him more than that TBH, or even Dallas (again). Now at a discount it's fine to make that trade off, but I'm going on reports that DeAndre wants to get paid again, but is also interest in Houston.

Again, I don't think that's likely to happen either, though. Morey loves Capela, and I don't think there are a lot of teams out there who would actually offer him a max deal. Phoenix isn't likely anymore given their interest in Ayton, so who else has the money, the need and the interest to do that?
    Atlanta, maybe Miami with moves, and there's always a surprise team or two. I brought up LAL with Jordan, I think they would be a serious threat for Capela if they get PG13 and LeBron says no.

They would have the space and the need, and for the LAL going:
    Ball
    Ingram
    PG13
    Kuzma
    Capela

Really makes them interesting and a team that could make a big jump.

PROCESSING

I mean why does he want to go to the Lakers? They are nowhere near close to being a contender and haven't made the playoffs in over 6 years but also they are a young team with young pieces. No one is going to want to go there especially if they are trying to win a title right now.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well.....you would have to do that without bringing back any money.

You would also have to renounce cap holds.
    CP3 - $35,350,000
    Ariza - $12,868634
    Capela - $7,003,585
    Black - $3,948,000
    Jackson - $1,578,242
    Greeg, Johnson, Moute - $1,544,951

Those holds + Ryno + Harden + incomplete roster charge ($4,159,635) = $120, 386,349

So renounce everyone but CP3 and CP3 Hold + Harden + Ryno + concomplete roster charge = $96,176,524

So it would take a way to move Ryno to create the space and lose everyone else.
    Huh? No you wouldn't. I'm talking about a sign and trade, dude. In a sign and trade, the cap holds are irrelevant. If they tried to sign Lebron or PG outright, yeah, they'd have to completely clean house and clear all cap holds except for maybe Capela's.

Feasibly they could, but that would require some guys taking pay cuts IMO. Of course with Ariza, Green, Mbah a Moute could come back in some exceptions.
    Not necessarily. Houston has Ariza's Bird rights, so they could feasibly pay him a decent salary. And Green wasn't even on an NBA team a year ago. He'll sign for whatever the Rockets want to pay him. Mbah a Moute would probably have to sign another team-friendly deal, but they could also use a portion of the MLE to retain him.

I can't see him going down to a MLE, because I could see the Lakers offering him more than that TBH, or even Dallas (again). Now at a discount it's fine to make that trade off, but I'm going on reports that DeAndre wants to get paid again, but is also interest in Houston.
    You assume it's a money thing with DJ, but I'm not sure it is. The guy just made a ton of money in LA, and if he really wants to go to Houston and to play with Paul, he'd do it at a discount. That being said, it's a moot point, because I don't see Capela going anywhere.

Atlanta, maybe Miami with moves, and there's always a surprise team or two. I brought up LAL with Jordan, I think they would be a serious threat for Capela if they get PG13 and LeBron says no.

They would have the space and the need, and for the LAL going:
    Ball
    Ingram
    PG13
    Kuzma
    Capela

Really makes them interesting and a team that could make a big jump.
    They could, but if you're the Lakers and you're shooting for contention, that team isn't it. And they'll have used up almost all of their cap space at that point. If they strike out on Lebron, I see them going after Cousins to pair with PG. A max on Capela would feel like a desperation move for a team that doesn't really need to be desperate. They're young and have cap room. Why throw all your money away in one offseason?

There are so many superstars that are free agents or about to be free agents, and I think the Lakers want bigger fish than Clint Capela.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I mean why does he want to go to the Lakers? They are nowhere near close to being a contender and haven't made the playoffs in over 6 years but also they are a young team with young pieces. No one is going to want to go there especially if they are trying to win a title right now.
    C'mon dude. Have you not paid attention to the narrative for the last year? The guy has been very vocal about wanting to play in LA. He's from the area and wants to play there. And I think it's a little naive to act like LA has no appeal as a market.

I'm not saying that it's a lock to happen or anything, but the Lakers should be the favorites to land George going into the offseason, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

I know that but why would PG want to go there especially if Lonzo & Daddy LaVar are there

Man if some team throws a crazy offer to Capela does Morey say nice knowing ya but bye I wanna your caphold for star player. Yeah they still need to dump salary yet. But I can see a team throw Capela a first day offer in free agency. Heck maybe the Mavs to get even with their neighbor.

I get why OKC would S&T, but what makes you think Cleveland would do that?

A team that would still be in the big repeatable tax but little chance of winning, much less getting to the finals? Like I think they rather lose him outright than doing that to themselves.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    I think hes going to LA. Main reason why is because it came out of his own mouth that he wants to go to LA.
    sounds like pretty solid reasoning

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

If I were Paul George I wouldn't want to go to the Lakers as long as Lonzo Ball is there but then you would also have to get rid of Kuzma and then salary dump Deny somehow

If I were Paul George I wouldn't want to go to the Lakers as long as Lonzo Ball is there but then you would also have to get rid of Kuzma and then salary dump Deny somehow
    Well i'm sure Ball or Ingram besides Kuzma is the assets to dump Deng.

In order to get George yeah you can trade him to the Lakers for Ball, Kuzma and picks to the Thunder but in order to make that happen you can send Deng there too

more solid analysis from the OP

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Man if some team throws a crazy offer to Capela does Morey say nice knowing ya but bye I wanna your caphold for star player. Yeah they still need to dump salary yet. But I can see a team throw Capela a first day offer in free agency. Heck maybe the Mavs to get even with their neighbor.
    Capella might get an offer day one but he can't sign it day one nor does he HAVE to sign it day one

even better analysis... keep the hits coming... I haven't laughed this hard in months

DeAndre Jordan to Houston has also gotten a lot of traction

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast