Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

PG-13 Sweepstakes *Update: PG Staying in OKC*

Should Paul George stay in OKC? If he does leave, then realistically which teams could be or should be in the running to get Paul George this summer especially if he goes into free agency?

Personally I can see PG-13 staying in OKC. I will tell you why. If he is on OKC not only does he have a chance at being on a playoff contending team but also he doesn't have to play off the ball as the #1 option. Granted, if he were to go to the Lakers he would have to become the #1 option almost by default immediately. I just don't see Paul George as a leader but more as a #2 or a #3 option where he isn't depended upon as much to play on the ball.

Granted, teams that I can see him going to should he leave:

Lakers- He is from the Los Angeles area and he has made no secret about wanting to play for his hometown Lakers. However, the Lakers are a young team with no real superstar talent that screams All Star. Now if George goes there he would have to be the #1 guy and he would have to have the ball in his hands all the time. Now can the Lakers really attract any big names especially with the young talent they have? Kind of tough if you ask me.

Clippers- Another team in the Los Angeles area and the Clippers too are also a young squad. However, with George there you can pair him up with DeAndre Jordan and those guys. George obviously would be the #1 option but also they too are also in the LA area just like the Lakers are. They play in the same building don't they not? So what is the real difference? The Clippers are just as young as the Lakers are provided they have veteran presence in Lou Williams who should have been an All Star. Add George into that team they can actually be a pretty good team again in the West.

Sixers- PG-13 to the Sixers I have been hearing a lot. You add him with a team that could potentially be like the Warriors of the East given their youth and their superstar caliber talent with Simmons and Embiid that would be a scary team if you add Paul George.

Rockets- Another team who can be dangerous if you add Paul George already to CP3 and Harden. They would virtually be unstoppable in the West especially enough that they can dethrone Golden State especially if PG-13 goes there.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 06-30-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Other potential teams George I can see him going to are the Spurs or even the Cavs

I think he'll leave, and I think he's going to the Lakers. But if he didn't go to LA, I'm not sure where he would go. I just don't think it makes any sense for him to stay in OKC.

If he stays in OKC, I don't think that team is going to get substantially better any time soon. Just Westbrook, Melo, Adams and Roberson combined made $97.435 million next season, and that doesn't include Abrines, Patterson or Singler. So if PG signs, there's basically zero wiggle room to get better in the immediate future. And if George does sign in OKC and Melo is gone after next season, they'll still have easily more than $100 million invested in Westy, Adams, George and Roberson in 2019-20, so how is that team going to get any better?

This offseason is going to be an extremely interesting one for OKC. Because if George leaves, they're left with so few quality players around Westbrook and almost no pieces to trade for a legitimate No. 2. The only wild card in this is Melo and his ridiculous $28 million he's set to make next season. He could pull a super classy veteran move and opt out to give Presti more room to work with and improve the team, but what motivation does he really have to do that?

More than likely, I think this experiment is over, George will be gone and Presti will be left picking up the pieces of this failure for years to come. Maybe I'm being a little bleak here, but I just don't think things are looking up for that team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Paul George even if he goes to the Lakers they still wouldn't be a contender in the West because with the young guys they have in Lonzo, Kuzma, Randle, etc. that still wouldn't be enough for them to contend with just Paul George. It is not even like the Lakers are even a contender right now anyway so why go to a situation where you can't win? At least on a contender PG-13 would have a chance at ultimately winning a title.

It really depends on if George wants to win right away or not. If he is ok playing with a fairly young team that probably wouldn't compete for a title for at least 3-4 years he can go to the Lakers. Playing in nice weather and close to home could be important for him too. If he actually wants to compete for a title I'd say teams like the Cavs/Rockets/Sixers/Spurs would be in the mix. Adding him with their core would bring them into the conversation of winning a title (if they aren't there already). If he actually wants to win, he should leave OKC because he isn't going to win anything with Westbrook.

That is true because Westbrook you just can't make it work with him he is one of those players that you just can't play with

More clueless assessments of the Lakers...

All I will say is watch what happens... its gonna be funny all the whining that will happen in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

All I will say is watch what happens... its gonna be funny all the whining that will happen in this forum
    Got my popcorn ready

Yea... I mean you guys were suppose to get westy/Durant while ball was suppose to be the ROY and the lakers were suppose to make the playoffs etc etc etc... Also Mosgod was a great signing at the time much like so and so... You cant call out clueless assessments when you are literally wrong all the time along with the majority the passed 2 years when it has anything to do with the lakers... Remember how DLO was the next coming until he was traded?

The lakers may very well get PG13 and that will be great but its not even remotely close to a game changer. Sixers/Lakers are the hot spot right now for every free agent but I wouldnt be surprised if both end up striking out.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Yea... I mean you guys were suppose to get westy/Durant while ball was suppose to be the ROY and the lakers were suppose to make the playoffs etc etc etc... Also Mosgod was a great signing at the time much like so and so... You cant call out clueless assessments when you are literally wrong all the time along with the majority the passed 2 years when it has anything to do with the lakers... Remember how DLO was the next coming until he was traded?

The lakers may very well get PG13 and that will be great but its not even remotely close to a game changer. Sixers/Lakers are the hot spot right now for every free agent but I wouldnt be surprised if both end up striking out.
    Vinylman wrong? I’ve seen a majority of his posts and they’re usually spot on. I think you’re just mixing everyone up in the Lakers forum, all good. Chill out man, stay cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Vinylman wrong? I’ve seen a majority of his posts and they’re usually spot on. I think you’re just mixing everyone up in the Lakers forum, all good. Chill out man, stay cool.
    nono we have a thing going. He calls me a dumbass every chance he gets lol.. Its only fair. Honestly I hope the lakers do get PG13 if we dont.. Lakers/knicks makes the NBA fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Paul George even if he goes to the Lakers they still wouldn't be a contender in the West because with the young guys they have in Lonzo, Kuzma, Randle, etc. that still wouldn't be enough for them to contend with just Paul George. It is not even like the Lakers are even a contender right now anyway so why go to a situation where you can't win? At least on a contender PG-13 would have a chance at ultimately winning a title.
    We get it you don't think highly of the Lakers move on.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nono we have a thing going. He calls me a dumbass every chance he gets lol.. Its only fair. Honestly I hope the lakers do get PG13 if we dont.. Lakers/knicks makes the NBA fun.
    Lol oh, we’ll carry on then. I too miss the Knicks being good, I mean just even relatively good. They don’t have to be title contenders but you’re right much better when we get all those die hard Knicks fans.

5 points in an elimination game.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast