Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    the talent are on like 5 teams in the league.
    Which is nothing new.
    this my sig

Iím actually shocking myself here, but Iím not sure I like the league better now compared to say, the late 90s, early 2000s. Hell, I liked the league better earlier this decade, because at least then the traditional center mattered & more leeway was given to defensive players.

I do miss the physicality of the late 90s, but I also enjoy the skill level of todayís NBA players. I would like the two to merge together someday and thatíll involve laxing some rules I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Which is nothing new.
    At least in the 90s, the talent was spread out throughout the league, Eastern and Western Conferences.

East has like 2 teams, and rest is garbage.

The-State-Of-The-NBA-Since-LBJ-Is-Better-Than-Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    This. Thereís more talent now then thereís ever been.
    Disagree! You had teams with actual legit superstars who had trouble winning 50 games in the 90's. In this era you have fake stars who can get to nearly 60 wins. You had one year where two teams won 67+ games and one team it happened when Tim Duncan wasn't even in his prime.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

If you think the talent is worse today than 20 years ago you are fooling yourself.

It's better in every pro sport.

Every single decade, the talent takes leaps forward with improved nutrition, training, and coaching.

The league is significantly more talented than it was 10 years ago, and will be significantly more talented 10 years from now than it is today.

Of course it's way better than it was in the 90's. You may not like the style of the game, but no doubt about it that the talent is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    If you think the talent is worse today than 20 years ago you are fooling yourself.

Every single decade, the talent takes leaps forward with improved nutrition, training, and coaching.

The league is significantly more talented than it was 10 years ago, and will be significantly more talented 10 years from now than it is today.

Of course it's way better than it was in the 90's. You may not like the style of the game, but no doubt about it that the talent is way better.
    In your opinion, the 90s Knicks are equivalent to a "second round exit squad" of today, while most others think of them as one of the best teams to never win a title.

Why would anyone take your opinion seriously on this particular topic??
    Last edited by ODB13; 05-11-2018 at 07:24 PM.

No it is not, not even close. All of those in the 90's would beat the Warriors. The 2015-2017 Warriors are like the Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin Warriors and they only won 44 games in a much more difficult era. In this era you have role player teams leading teams to 60+ wins yearly. That is the difference.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    No it is not, not even close. All of those in the 90's would beat the Warriors. The 2015-2017 Warriors are like the Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin Warriors and they only won 44 games in a much more difficult era. In this era you have role player teams leading teams to 60+ wins yearly. That is the difference.
    The Warriors are as dominant in relation to their era as the Bulls were to theirs, perhaps even more. But I agree. If you put this Warriors team in the 90s with 90s rules and 90s style, and they are going to get pummeled physically.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    The NBA has never been better.

I rather not watch bully ball of the 90s when teams scored 70 points. it got so bad the moved the 3 point line a few feet closer so teams could score more. lol.
    Personally I prefer watching college and euroleague ball. I wanna see people earn their points and true skill and or coaching rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Which is nothing new.
    Disagree. Allocation of Max contracts allows teams and players to manipulate the system and create super teams. With no max contracts it was harder to create a super team via free agency. There was the rare instance where one could be created via trades and solid drafting. No other time in history can a guy like LeBron manipulate the system and create/join a super team 3 times within a decade or so (including his next destination).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I miss the 1v1 play, back then having 1 star truly made a difference, its just the NBA began spamming the **** out of isolation basketball even though they lacked the skillset of an MJ/Hakeem or the talent of Shaq/Drob. I also think they got rid of illegal defense to shift the game more to the perimeter and then completely away from the average bigman altogether by removing HC completely.

I think you guys overstate the physicality, plenty of touch calls happened back then and how physical can you really be when you have to respect the outside shooting ability of a Dennis Rodman back in those days.

They softened up the rules every decade since the 70's but the positioning of players is what really stifled the 1v1 player, not this physicality bs. Guys like Kobe and Bron never gave a **** about the player in front of them, they were always on look out for guys behind the initial rotation, which is why having a complete offensive game (passing+scoring) is more important than having an arsenal of scoring tricks for todays swings. On the flipside, if you're simply an explosive guard, you dont need any sort of tricks to get past the initial defender, that said, I dont think the game is drastically different towards where a guy like Curry becomes his father in the 90's, his presence prolly sparks the evolution faster.
    I think allowing true zones, where the big man can camp in the paint will help lower the scoring. It also gives coaches more ways to scheme defensively and hide players defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    The NBA has never been better.

I rather not watch bully ball of the 90s when teams scored 70 points. it got so bad the moved the 3 point line a few feet closer so teams could score more. lol.
    Exactly, I would love to have the ruff ryders of Oakley / Mason etc. on multiple teams, just not a whole team and 1 scorer of those styles

just like todays version of those players are Green / Smart / Tucker and its good those are spread out on diff. teams

regular season more finesse / scoring, playoff time more bully ball with the scoring, by bully ball I just mean let the players have more say in the outcome and reward them for the good defense because I have seen way too many times players get bailed out from foul calls when the off. player outright initiated the contact

I think they moved the line in to bring back the art form of the 3 shot because it was plenty of players in the 90's and early 00's who could knock down 3's but the game was way way more post play / mid range game

its still that way just the 3 shot has surpassed the mid range, which has a wide gap on post play, but they are still all 3 there and will be until the game cease to exist, as above so below

The pool of talent is more spread, but there is not a single athlete / talent to ever step foot on the hardwood a better athlete / talent that Wilt and B Russell wasn't too far behind, and Wilt played in the 60's

Wilt was benching 350lbs at around 13yrs of age so his nutrition / training must of been something out of a Hollywood movie script because that was done in the 50's by Wilt

I don't think the league will be significantly more talented in 10yrs, these drafts are whats killing the league and these jump shooting big euro players, the league is on its last leg of weening on the 03' draft and having few superstars in between, other than that the talent from 84 / 96 / 03' drafts were the cream of the crop as far as talent, its nothing like that anymore

the style of the game is lovely because of the high scoring, the same scoring that the Wilt / Russell era got killed for having the 'weakest' talent, now I guess todays nba is a mirror image reflection so its a 'weak' era today

more athletes but I feel the 90's and early 00's were better skilled and had way way way more heart / passion / fire / love for the actual nba game and not a brand that doesn't even mean nothing if they knew the true actual value of self

which is un - limited / innate credit

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Exactly, I would love to have the ruff ryders of Oakley / Mason etc. on multiple teams, just not a whole team and 1 scorer of those styles

just like todays version of those players are Green / Smart / Tucker and its good those are spread out on diff. teams

regular season more finesse / scoring, playoff time more bully ball with the scoring, by bully ball I just mean let the players have more say in the outcome and reward them for the good defense because I have seen way too many times players get bailed out from foul calls when the off. player outright initiated the contact

I think they moved the line in to bring back the art form of the 3 shot because it was plenty of players in the 90's and early 00's who could knock down 3's but the game was way way more post play / mid range game

its still that way just the 3 shot has surpassed the mid range, which has a wide gap on post play, but they are still all 3 there and will be until the game cease to exist, as above so below
    Wilt was weak and filled with gluten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast